Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 17, 2017, 02:40:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason Voorhees is dead!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: New Friday The 13th Box Set to be released 10/8/11  (Read 16389 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« on: July 28, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »

*UPDATED* I'm updating this topic with new pics and info since I finally got the press release emailed to me lol.

From Press Release:
Take a ride down memory lane with everyone’s favorite psychotic killer Jason Voorhees in the to-die-for DVD set FRIDAY THE 13TH THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION arriving just in time for Halloween on October 4, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment. When the original Friday The 13th debuted in 1980, it captured audiences’ imaginations and permeated our collective psyche. 31 years later, the iconic machete-wielding killer continues to haunt, fascinate and terrify a new generation. This comprehensive set includes every murderous moment from Friday The 13th-Uncut Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part 2 Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part 3-3D Deluxe Edition (with two pairs of 3D glasses), Friday The 13th-The Final Chapter Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Deluxe Edition, Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood Deluxe Edition and Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan Deluxe Edition. This extraordinary collection, which will be released in a Limited Edition of only 50,000 numbered units worldwide, includes a replica of Jason’s hockey mask, an 8-page Collector’s Booklet and hours of special features including slashed scenes, making of featurettes, killer commentaries and much, much more. FRIDAY THE 13TH THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION will be available for the suggested retail price of just $39.99 U.S./$42.00 Canada.

DVD Info:
The FRIDAY THE 13th-Uncut Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish Mono along with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Commentary by director Sean S. Cunningham with cast and crew
Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
Friday the 13th Reunion
Lost Tales From Camp Blood – Part 1
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th Part 2 Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Inside “Crystal Lake Memories”
Friday’s Legacy: Horror Conventions
Lost Tales from Camp Blood – Part 2
Jason Forever
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th Part 3-3D Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Disc contents are as follows:

3D Version of the film (includes 3D glasses)
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th THE FINAL CHAPTER Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Commentary by director Joe Zito, screenwriter Barney Cohen and editor Joel Goodman
Fan commentary by Adam Green and Joe Lynch
Lost Tales from Camp Blood – Part 4
Slashed Scenes
Jason’s Unlucky Day: 25 Years After Friday the 13th The Final Chapter
The Lost Ending
The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part I
Jimmy’s Dead Dance Moves
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th PART V: A NEW BEGINNING Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Commentary by director/co-screenwriter Danny Steinmann with cast and crew
Lost Tales from Camp Blood – Part 5
The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part II
New Beginnings: The Making of Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th PART VI: JASON LIVES Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Surround and French and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Commentary by director Tom McLoughlin with cast and crew
Lost Tales from Camp Blood – Part 6
The Crystal Lake Massacres Revisited Part III
Jason Lives: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Meeting Mr. Voorhees
Slashed Scenes
Theatrical Trailer

The FRIDAY THE 13th PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Surround, French Mono and Spanish Mono along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Killer Commentary by director John Carl Buechler and actors Lar Park Lincoln and Kane Hodder
Jason’s Destroyer: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Mind Over Matter: The Truth About Telekinesis
Makeover by Maddy: Need a Little Touch-Up Work, My Ass
Slashed Scenes Intro
Slashed Scenes

The FRIDAY THE 13th PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround along with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. Bonus material includes:

Killer Commentary by actors Scott Reeves, Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
New York Has a New Problem: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Gag Reel
Slashed Scenes
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:51:49 PM by Kat » Logged
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

wow that is neat-o packaging  Cool  so i think i'll pass for the set.
Evildead13th
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »

Fine for those who either missed the deluxe remastered editions or the first boxed set even. I have both, well gave the boxed set to my sister because I prefer the deluxe remastered editions, but I kept the extras disc from that set and the Jason forever disc as well. I'll pass on this though, I'm not buying EXACTLY the same thing for a bonus hockey mask (as cool as it is) and whatever else that is there pictured, all over again. I MIGHT buy a BD boxed set if they ever do it as long as they offer up something cool as far as extras go.
Jason Forever
Resurrected
Counselor

Like Jason I have returned...

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »

Rerelease to double dip on people by making it limited edition....of the same set people already got haha.

Is it me or does that mask look like complete shite.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:12:44 PM by Jason Forever » Logged
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »

That is some cool packaging. I only own the Crystal Lake to Manhattan box set, which is completely fine for me. If I had the money I might consider getting it, just because I don't own the deluxe editions..but not a big deal. They really need to come out with a new Nightmare on Elm Street box set, there's no new versions of that aside from the original one right?
Nastrodamus
Hell's Winter
Camp Cook

It's Party Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »

Instead of this Why not a complete box set with jgth and x?
Struckworld
Head Counselor

New York has a new problem...

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »

This looks awesome but... I might just buy all the deluxe editions induvidually, just because of those awesome 3-D covers.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »

Fine for those who either missed the deluxe remastered editions or the first boxed set even. I have both, well gave the boxed set to my sister because I prefer the deluxe remastered editions, but I kept the extras disc from that set and the Jason forever disc as well. I'll pass on this though, I'm not buying EXACTLY the same thing for a bonus hockey mask (as cool as it is) and whatever else that is there pictured, all over again. I MIGHT buy a BD boxed set if they ever do it as long as they offer up something cool as far as extras go.

I have all the Deluxe Editions & the original box set, I know how you feel. I got mine as review copies so they are the same as the retail versions, so I didn't pay for them. I probably still wouldn't have all of them cause I need to spend my money on more important things like food and bills and rent lol.

However, if I had the $40 and I didn't have the deluxe editions I might grab this. $40 isn't that bad for it at all. I think the deluxe editions are like $13 a piece separately. I like the fact that its a collectors piece. But I'm sad that it isn't BluRay

Rerelease to double dip on people by making it limited edition....of the same set people already got haha.

Is it me or does that mask look like complete shite.

Yeah, in the photos the mask does look a little weird.

They really need to come out with a new Nightmare on Elm Street box set, there's no new versions of that aside from the original one right?

They made a new box set when the remake came out, don't know whats different about that.

In some other good news, I contacted the company handling the press release and whatnot. They said they'd hook me up with something when it gets closer to the release date. Not sure if that will be a couple contest items or a review copy. I'll let you all know when I hear something.
Evildead13th
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »

$40 is actually VERY reasonable. Like I said, it's a good pick up if you missed it the first time around or the original boxed set. I find these to be FAR superior to the Crystal Lake to Manhatten boxed set though! Wink
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »

$40 is actually VERY reasonable. Like I said, it's a good pick up if you missed it the first time around or the original boxed set. I find these to be FAR superior to the Crystal Lake to Manhatten boxed set though! Wink

Yeah I never liked that two movies were on each disc for that set
ZombieKeeper
Camper

I love the feel of angora!

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »

No blu-ray, what a shame and sort of a waste IMHO.
Struckworld
Head Counselor

New York has a new problem...

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 12:50:49 AM »

Other forums are saying it's to get more money out of the fans. Really?

Would Paramount really put all the films on deluxe edition, collectors edition book, mask and it's all for $40.
Don't forget it's a limited edition. That doesn't really seem that like money grubbing for me.

Also I am so sick of unappreciate fans with these DVDs. You know Paramount could've just released the Bare Bones DVD and kept it like that, or they couldn't of released them at all.

Uncut Versions, who cares? Think of how weird the audio would be with those uncut deaths, audio looping or a whole new track, the uncut versions don't sound that great anyways.

You want Blu-Ray? Then pop those Deluxe Edition DVDs into the Blu-Ray player becuase they do up-convert DVDs into 1080p, and the Deluxe Editions were mastered in High Definition anyways. The up-converted Deluxe Edition and a Blu-Ray doesn't sound any different.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »

I spent $130 on a SONY Bravia BluRay Player. It retailed for at least double that if not more when I got it. I jumped on it cause it was on sale. Found out its one of the WORST for upconverting. But great for BluRay. I'm not about to go out and get another player. LOL.

I'm sure BluRay will come out within a year or two of these films, maybe not in a set, but individually at least. EVERY company, I don't care who you are, is formed to make $....they'll want more $.

The fans are pissed cause its a repackaging of editions that came out two years ago with a booklet and a funny looking mask. If you already went out and spent the $13 a piece for each Deluxe Edition then I'm sure you don't want to go out and spend more $ on the SAME thing. They feel that stamping it as a limited edition with only 50,000 copies that they have to jump on it or miss out, but in the end whats the point because they are the same transfers they already have. I don't blame them really.

BUT, if you don't already own the Deluxe Editions its a great buy for great $. $40 for a box set of 8 movies with a mask (although I don't know what its made out of) but heck, ONE season of a TV show can be more expensive then this..

Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »

Instead of this Why not a complete box set with jgth and x?

JGTH and jason X is belong to new line/warner bros NOT paramount (it only rest friday the 13th 1 to 8 series).
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »

You would think at this point that it wouldn't matter....sorta. Besides, if they wanted to include New Lines films, they could give them a certain % of each sale.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: