Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 12:30:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "This is a rave, not a Halloween party!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Worst slasher you've ever seen.  (Read 32064 times)
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:22 PM »

I have little issue with Jason X & I really like Goes to Hell.
Halloween 6's regular cut is ok & the PC is near great IMO.

Halloween Resurrection should probably be a viable option but It at least had a good opening, decent lead actress, Katee Sackhoff having fun, a good Myers mask & that pricless look on Busta's face when Myers stops his stick.

In the end I think I will come down to Jason Takes Manhattan or The Burning.
I really don't get the love for the burning at all, the raft massacre is great but the cast is severely unlikable, the killer once revealed isn't menacing & his make up isn't really convincing.
It's considered one of the best non franchise 80s slashers and I really disagree, My Bloody Valentine, The Final Terror, The Prowler, Humongous & even Madman are much better.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:11:44 AM by fogandmist » Logged
Trivago
« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2017, 06:34:23 AM »

The Expelled.
Houseboat Horror
Final Girls (lol)
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2017, 12:59:08 AM »

I really don't get the love for the burning at all, the raft massacre is great but the cast is severely unlikable,
Some of them are supposed to be unlikable.

You have the bully Glazer,  then Sally who wants him even though he's a major asshole, the awkward nerd Alfred, Eddy who cares nothing about Karen except getting in her pants, and Dave who is a 'class clown' that is either liked or gets on your nerves, etc.

They did an amazing job on character development for a slasher.

the killer once revealed isn't menacing & his make up isn't really convincing.
IMO this the film's only real weakness. I would've preferred a Black Christmas style approach where he's never shown.
JimmyDancing
Victim

« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2017, 06:04:42 AM »

I hate to say this, particularly on this site, but the slasher genre is replete with more garbage than gems. Its too easy, given their low-budget, for filmmakers to exploit the formula, however lazily, and still break even. Hence any such list of the worst slashers is hardly likely to be exhaustive.

On that note, of what I've seen, my least favourite slashers are:

Prom Night (1980) - unbelievably boring, and directed without any energy whatsoever. The killer was occasionally laughable, and god that reveal was one of the most inane moments I have bore witness to. And what is the point of a slasher movie if you're going to cut away from all the kills!!! Jesus. I suppose the one good thing was that long chase scene, which was only good relative to the rest of the movie.

Jason Goes to Hell
Halloween 5
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:32 PM »

Halloween 5
What were they thinking?!? After the fiasco of Halloween 3 the franchise was pretty much dead. They threw a hail mary with Halloween 4 and it worked. They got it back on track. Then they fasttrack a sequel for it and it plays a huge role in ruining the franchise.

I'll give em credit.....the 'man in black' was a very unique and interesting cliff hanger. The problem is they had no clue where to go forward from there. So basically they never should've done it.

Like with Tommy in F13 part 5, it is ludicrous to have the star of your film be mute. There are better ways to explain that ending of 4.

It gets off on the wrong foot by having Michael be in a year long coma. I mean...come on. To add insult to injury, the swerve of killing off Rachel and having Tina lead the film was ridiculous.  The audience cares nothing about these people. The psychic link? There's no method to the madness here.

I saw this in theaters and a few people walked out real early in the film. I didn't blame them.  Tongue
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »

1 - Like with Tommy in F13 part 5, it is ludicrous to have the star of your film be mute.

2 - It gets off on the wrong foot by having Michael be in a year long coma. I mean...come on.
1 - I don't agree the comparison works as Jamie emotes ALOT more in H5 then the Tommy actor did and just comes off vastly more sympathetic and helpless regardless of a lack of verbality.

2 - Whats wrong with that?
I think that is reasonable after his guts got absolutely shredded by shotgun slugs in 4, you see that first round Meeker fire impact his belly and out through to hit the ground behind Myers.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2017, 02:55:59 AM »

Yeah the comparison works. You need the star of your slasher film talking. Both films are considered duds in their franchise. This is one of the reasons.

A year long coma in a hospital? I'd buy it.

A year long coma with a bum as your nurse?

They needed better writers.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »

Prom Night (1980) - unbelievably boring, and directed without any energy whatsoever. The killer was occasionally laughable, and god that reveal was one of the most inane moments I have bore witness to. And what is the point of a slasher movie if you're going to cut away from all the kills!!! Jesus. I suppose the one good thing was that long chase scene, which was only good relative to the rest of the movie.

I bought the remake to Prom Night at Wal Mart. Five bucks. I don't remember ever watching it so I decided to pick it up. I'll watch it later tonight.

Its amazing how physical platforms are becoming almost obselete. Everyone is too into streaming on their various devices. I remember years ago you'd just see garbage B movies in the bargain bins. They still have that but you're seeing much better quality films for almost peanuts.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2017, 09:57:55 PM »

I bought the remake to Prom Night at Wal Mart.
I watched this last night. I was actually surprised that it wasn't a steaming pile. In its defense, the original Prom Night is so godawful that it wasn't difficult to make a better film. It is just a generic slasher top to bottom but out of the 2000s remake boom, this is one of the few that actually improved slightly on its source material.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: