Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 01:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm not an asshole, I'm an actor!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Halloween Returns (2015, 2016, or?)  (Read 37510 times)
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »

I love that John and Jamie are coming back for another movie. However I have issues with this.

Its gonna cause a huge timeline issue.. you already have 1 & 2 & H20, then 3, then 1,2,4,5,6. Then RZ's movies...then H20 and 7 being direct sequels to 1 & 2...now this one that is going on from Pt2. Its too messy for my liking. They should have kept the scene in H20 that connected all the movies. Then with this and RZs they could have had different universes....

All this here!! It gives me a migraine. Just tie it together, somehow, someway...
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2017, 03:55:20 AM »

You aren't even articulating what it is they need to learn unless you just want them to stop making films in the franchise period.

That branches into many areas but for starters....

start listening to your hardcore base. They don't. They pander to them in the beginning to fuel a bit of interest and then spit in their face when it progresses.

How many people were begging for the return of JLC? When you answer that, here's another question....

Do you know why they weren't begging?

Its a ploy to use a bit of star power to get a decent opening weekend and other than that, fuck the actual fans. Let them eat cake.

I'm not a big fan of horror fans getting fucked over.  We've seen how this story plays out.

3 - In your opinion
Yes....and its an opinion that has held up for eight years and counting. In the leadup to F13 and even on opening weekend, I said we were never getting another F13. They had permanently screwed the pooch. A bunch of people laughed.

They're not laughing anymore.

The pooch is being screwed in this situation as well and you're going to find that out.

2 - I just don't want them remaking the origin/starting story again.
I'll go ahead and pull a Bill Clinton and agree and disagree with that statement. I'm deathly sick of remakes too. They actually ruined all these franchises we love.

Having said that, creating these alternate universes where some films in the timeline count and some don't is NOT the answer either. It's going to make a bad situation much worse.

They're between a rock and a hard place with no one but themselves to blame.

SexMurderArt
Camper

« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »

Yep! I'm not buying this either.  JLC is just a star power used to pump the movie up. Unfortunately all the remakes and timeline changes have screwed up the series from all of the big franchises. This is going to be no different. Friday the 13th is in COMPLETE limbo probably the worst its ever been and I do particularly blame the remake on that too. 

We will never get back on track with the timeline or previous storylines because of jumping around the bush with shit like this.  Its just a gigantic mess all around. NOES is dead in the water, F13th (if miller wins will be completely over), Texas (a series i do love is ALSO a mangled mess) and halloween. 

Its not like these movies or characters are so complicated its taking years to come up with a good story. Too many cooks in the kitchen!
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2017, 09:37:50 PM »

Friday the 13th is in COMPLETE limbo probably the worst its ever been and I do particularly blame the remake on that too.

The F13 remake permanently clusterfucked the franchise. It amazes me when some fans don't get it. It was unforgivable. What makes it sad is that it shouldn't have been that way.

When the remake was announced, it created a ton of excitement. They had a clean slate. The sky was the limit! For the first time ever, F13 got to ignore ALL the previous fuck ups and could've set up a brand new franchise for the coming decade.

Fans were all over it. Tons of ideas were coming down the pike. It was a hardcore wet dream come true....

until it turned into a nightmare.

They completely ignored that hardcore base who simply wanted things that they have wanted for literally 30 years.....

Jason in a blizzard, better cast of characters, more unique and/or dramatic kills, etc. These ideas were everywhere. There had never been more attention on F13.

We got NONE of that. All we got was a total shit sandwich that they shoved down fans throats as they flipped us off and laughed while walking out the door with opening weekend box office receipts in hand.

Oh they told us in generalizations and cliches what we wanted to hear.....it was gonna be "old school", it was going "back to its roots"....but they only said that to get your ass to the theater on opening weekend.

After that, F13 was abandoned. Was there a huge fan backlash? No. Fans simply walked away from it. Instead of backlash, we heard silence.

The audience had been punk'd.

The studios know this....and its one of the reasons(the main reason) they wouldn't greenlight a sequel for it. They knew it was dead on arrival and weren't willing to risk the inevitable bomb. They aren't willing to bankroll a situation worse than Zombie's H2....and I don't blame them.

IF they ever do another F13, its going to require another reboot. Its also going to be a huge risk...the same risk that has existed for eight years.

The stench of that remake is not going away.

Too many cooks in the kitchen!
Yep.... and the cooks don't care about the ingredients. They just want the money that you pay for the meal.....

and now they're out of ingredients and customers.

Texas (a series i do love is ALSO a mangled mess)
I think TCM is one of the greatest films ever made(until the grandpa scene). Like Black Christmas, it should've been a stand alone film. I thought the prequel with Jordana Brewster was ok but you're right....they've botched that franchise completely.

I don't even care what they do with it anymore....I'm not watching it.

hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:44 PM »

I disagree...

The hardcore fans don't seem to want admit that prior to the reboot, the F13th franchise had reached absurd levels of cartooney stupidity. The later sequels were weak and most importantly - Jason wasn't menacing or scary!!!!

The reboot was near perfect IMO, and many fans wanted to see a continuation with that formula.
SexMurderArt
Camper

« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »

I disagree...

The hardcore fans don't seem to want admit that prior to the reboot, the F13th franchise had reached absurd levels of cartooney stupidity. The later sequels were weak and most importantly - Jason wasn't menacing or scary!!!!

The reboot was near perfect IMO, and many fans wanted to see a continuation with that formula.

Honesty with the exception of part 2 jason has never really been scary to me. You make a point about how cartoony the later ones got. FVJ and jason x in particular. I think whats happening here is you got one group of fans that want to have it done their way and another who want a more cohesive continuity. Unfortunately.. A majority of the franchises have taken left and right turns that some almost had to have a fresh start in a different direction or end the series completely.  In my opinion halloween resurrection makes a good point here. That movie is utter garbage and the explanation between h20 and that one was so absurd.  After that movie was over the akkad's either thought it was time to put the series in the ground or do a remake and re do the series again. What happens here now is remakes and prequels are just clusterfucking the storyline. TCM series is the perfect example.  I liked a majority of the f13 remake but still fell flat at the end in my opinion of course.
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:38 AM »

I noticed on Wikipedia in the collective Films of 2018 list page.
This new Halloween film is titled on it...
Halloween: The Night He Came Home He Didn't Come Back Alone
I haven't heard any official release of any kind calling it that.
Probably just idiots putting random bullshit out there, but I found it interesting.

On a unrelated note. I hope the script/plot for the Dimension Films Halloween Returns that got canceled gets adapted into a elseworld type comic series
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »

Michael Myers has allies lol. I just think that the fact that John Caprenter is back is enough for me to give it a chance, even if I just rent it later. Most people still don't get his vision from the first film so maybe this will set the record straight. Michael Myers is the shape! He's evil in the shape of a man. No origin, no motive, then the story can flow from the actual human characters. Slashers I think, aside from Victor Crowley, due to him being a love letter to Jason pretty much, and even Billy from final Girls, are still trapped in the late 90s early 2000s mode of like Scream, and I know what you did last summer. Have a Michael or Jason type take on a whole team of Jason Bourne level CIA agents and win! Step it up, make them a true threat like the strain did for vampires. Yes, Michael should stay in the dark and be stealthy, look at the equalizer, aside from his use of guns, he was basically a slasher in that home depot type store.

We simply need these movies to be threatening in people's minds again, offend everyone!!! Pander in the correct ways and innovate.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #293 on: October 11, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »

I disagree...

Every single hardcore fan(and casual fans) knew that the franchise had reached "absurd levels of cartooney stupidity". That is why there was excitement and a legit buzz over a potential reboot of the series.

It had a good opening weekend(to be expected), the buzz was instantly killed off, and it nosedived from that point forward. This happened with every remake. The only people looking forward to a sequel of that steaming turd was a miniscule percentage of hardcore fans. Everyone else washed their hands of it.

I've been over how they fucked up, why the sequel never happened and never will. A couple people liking that film doesn't change this fact.

The same amount of horror fans liked H2 and wanted a sequel to that. That wasn't going to happen either as Zombie clusterfucked that franchise too.

I noticed on Wikipedia in the collective Films of 2018 list page.
This new Halloween film is titled on it...
Halloween: The Night He Came Home He Didn't Come Back Alone
I haven't heard any official release of any kind calling it that.
Probably just idiots putting random bullshit out there, but I found it interesting.

This happens every time. The next step is fan art being passed off as legit.

I remember one fan poster for F13 remake was bad ass but I'd never be able to find it again. Some might remember it. It had the snow setting.

Most people still don't get his vision from the first film so maybe this will set the record straight. Michael Myers is the shape! He's evil in the shape of a man. No origin, no motive,
Most people "get it". Carpenter himself messed up his own vision by going with the sister/family angle. HE is the one who took him away from "the shape". No origin? No motive?

Carpenter gave him one.

In hindsight it was a huge mistake. Maybe not financially of course but as far as the original story.....

We simply need these movies to be threatening in people's minds again,
I agree.....but having Michael/Jason go up against a team of CIA agents is NOT the answer.

All that will achieve is me choking to death on a Milk Dud from laughter while watching it.

Honesty with the exception of part 2 jason has never really been scary to me.
I agree. He is genuinely creepy in that film and the whole vibe of that film is spot on. THAT is how you make a F13 film. Do some of the others have various strengths and weaknesses? Of course.

F13 hit a brick wall very early in the franchise. This problem started at III and continued to get worse and by VI there was no going back. Which problem am I speaking of?

The audience cheering for Jason.

Yes...they are popcorn flicks....meant to be enjoyed....but this is jumping the shark as far as real horror films are concerned. I can handle Jason in a hockey mask....I can handle an imposter Jason....hell, I can even handle a zombie Jason. What I cant handle is not only the audience cheering him on, but the filmmakers awareness of this fact and proceeding accordingly.

You don't cheer Jason in part II. You don't cheer on "Billy" in Black Christmas. You don't cheer for Michael Myers in the first Halloween. You don't cheer for Leatherface in the first TCM. You don't cheer on Cropsy in The Burning. You don't cheer on Freddy in the first Elm Street. You don't cheer for Pinhead in Hellraiser. Hell, you don't even cheer for Chucky in Child's Play.

There are several huge disconnects going on between writers, filmmakers, and the audiences they cater to.

Why would someone cheer on a man murdering innocent teens? It's all in the image portrayed of victim/killer and the audience perception of this dynamic.

Just because these various characters were morphed into "icons" does not mean the audience needs to be members of the guy's fan club.

All of these franchises veered so far away from what they should've been that it should be no surprise that they were all clusterfucked into oblivion....and long before shitty remakes came along.

Remember how creepy that first Elm Street was? Do you also remember how this pedophile stalking and killing teens in their dreams was turned into a full blown comedian a couple years later? Like I said, a huge disconnect.

If any of these series are to survive in the coming decade, it's time to do what they always tell us fans they're going to do but they never do....

Take it back to basics. Go back to the roots. This is an extremely simple concept that the makers of these films and a segment of its fans are unable to comprehend for some reason. Its been reduced to a mere talking point/buzz word now.

I'm not settling for it anymore. I'm not going to pay any of them to dumb me down. You want to make a horror film? Then make a goddamn horror film and not a caricature and borderline spoof of one.

If/when they greenlight one of these films, make the writer/director sit in front of a TV and watch Black Christmas, F13 I and II, Halloween, The Burning, and TCM over and over again until they get the point.

If they still don't get the point by the first draft, shitcan them and bring someone else in and repeat this process until someone smart enough to understand what a slasher is supposed to be comes forward.

I think whats happening here is you got one group of fans that want to have it done their way and another who want a more cohesive continuity. Unfortunately.. A majority of the franchises have taken left and right turns that some almost had to have a fresh start in a different direction or end the series completely.  In my opinion halloween resurrection makes a good point here. That movie is utter garbage and the explanation between h20 and that one was so absurd.  After that movie was over the akkad's either thought it was time to put the series in the ground or do a remake and re do the series again. What happens here now is remakes and prequels are just clusterfucking the storyline.
As much as I would like continuity, it's not required. The ship has sailed on that anyways, unfortunately.

What I do want is consistency. For shits and giggles lets say that two F13 films get the greenlight. Maybe a basic link between the two but no absurd plotline linking them and then having to move forward from there.

I also want it to be a genuine slasher. I want real characters and a Jason the audience wont laugh at or cheer on.  If they cant do that, don't bother. Leave it dead.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »

Didn't the F13th reboot make something like $91 Million after a budget of $12 Million?
That kind of profit in a short amount of time should be a no brainer to go ahead with a sequel.

F13th was always about the opening weekend take at the box office. They were never going to be played long term in the cinemas, so again, making $91 Million very quickly shows that manu fans DID in fact like tbe movie a lot. IMO.

Just read a blurb online that the then planned sequel was going to be written and directed/produced by the same team as the 2009 film. I wish that had occurred!
Supposedly, the working title on the script was "Friday the 13th pt 2: The Death of Jason Voorhees."
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #295 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:51 AM »

It could've pulled in Titanic sized numbers and it still wouldn't have changed anything. The film came out on Friday and any potential for a sequel was dead on arrival by Monday. The exact amount of money fleeced from fans not relevant to the fact no sequel was ever going to happen and there were never any genuine plans for one. The whole thing had blew up in their faces long before any serious considerations for sequels could materialize.

In hindsight I wish it had been tossed into limbo like the recent Amityville film. It might have saved the franchise. They could've waited a couple years and then hand it to someone else to try and recoup their investment.

It had been promoted too heavily though. There was no going back and besides...they no longer cared at that point anyways.

Mistake number one was Nispel. It was all downhill from there. That script was unforgivable.

Even though that whole saga is putrid, I'd love to see a hardcore fan do an amateur doc on the clusterfucking of the remake and how it basically killed the franchise itself. I read an article a couple years back going over it. Wish I had saved it. He understood the magnitude of what had happened.

It's one for the history books for sure. It'll be the only film to break box office records opening weekend for a horror film that could never have a sequel due to their own ignorance and ineptitude.

Just read a blurb online that the then planned sequel was going to be written and directed/produced by the same team as the 2009 film.
That's funny stuff. The people responsible for the ruination wanted one more chance to ruin it even more?

I just read the article you mentioned.

The duo revealed the cover page for their unmade sequel on Twitter, revealing it was called Friday The 13th: Camp Blood – The Death Of Jason Voorhees.

The death of Jason Voorhees? Really? Fans are going to want to see that, right?

A few sentences later....

Later sequels would also find Camp Crystal Lake dubbed “Camp Blood” by superstitious locals.

Like I said, they don't learn.

This part here really takes the cake....

The writers discussed the script a little in follow-up tweets, revealing it would have taken place in a snowy winter setting

Really? You mean the snowy setting that hardcore fans had wanted for decades and literally begged you guys to do in the 2009 film? That snowy setting?

and this....

that the lead characters from the remake wouldn’t be returning.
Really? So in other words, this time you wanted characters with some depth....which is what fans literally begged you guys to do in the 2009 film.

Unbelievable!

The duo stopped short of revealing the actual plot
Of course! It's the same shit as 8-9 years ago. Promise fans a rib eye and then a shit sandwich gets delivered to us.

Get these guys several light years away from this franchise and allow people to forget they were ever attached to it in the first place.

Hand it to them again, they'll do the same goddamn thing they did last time...but it will be worse.

Despite receiving mostly negative reviews and word of mouth from some sections of the fanbase upon release, opinion seems warmer towards the remake now.
No it does not. Its simply rarely spoken of now. Opinions aren't "warmer". People would rather pretend it never existed.

Negative reviews and word of mouth from "some sections"? Try most sections.

The attempt to spin it in a more positive light eight years after the fact is a bit cute though.

For anyone wanting to read the whole article....

http://screenrant.com/friday-13th-remake-sequel-title/

hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2017, 05:59:39 AM »

I do believe you're a troll...
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2017, 01:51:45 AM »

Carpenter confirmed to score.
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2017, 02:19:55 AM »

I do believe you're a troll...
Then you're obviously an idiot. There's nothing in that series of posts that would indicate to anyone with a functioning brain that I'm trolling. I've had the same stance on that film in the eight years I've posted here off and on and it didn't change because you popped up with simplistic drivel.

A much easier case could be made of you actually being a troll due to your 1-2 sentence hit and run type posts.

I'm not dumb enough to actually think you're one though.

You just don't like having actual discussions that go any further than a few sentences.
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
  Print  

Jump to: