Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 03:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "This place is spooky"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 56479 times)
april flower
« Reply #375 on: May 15, 2016, 08:54:54 PM »

This movie is like "The Curse of Michael Myers"...when the basic teen/camp killer caper has run dry, let's add all this weird shit and relatives and curses and other fantastic crazy ideas. Much like when a sitcom has run dry, they always add in that extra kid character.
mnknut22
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2016, 09:48:47 PM »

Its more then that if you pay attention and not compare it to the curse which is not even close to what JGTH is.
april flower
« Reply #377 on: May 17, 2016, 06:55:39 AM »

if you pay attention

Here he goes again  Roll Eyes

If you paid attention to the post instead of looking for fault , I was saying that JGTH was not like Hallowwen Curse as a clone movie...I was stating that it's followed the same suit as in coming up with odd fantastical random storylines/plots as a way to "change" from the norm kill teen slash.

mnknut22
« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »

Here he goes again  Roll Eyes

If you paid attention to the post instead of looking for fault , I was saying that JGTH was not like Hallowwen Curse as a clone movie...I was stating that it's followed the same suit as in coming up with odd fantastical random storylines/plots as a way to "change" from the norm kill teen slash.

Im not looking for fault, its what you kinda said. Im not trying to be a dick but maybe i misinterpreted what you said. So for that, i apologize.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #379 on: September 03, 2017, 12:56:35 AM »

All I can say about this movie is that when it came out way back in the day I of course had to wait for it to hid VHS. It didn't come to my local theater and driving to the Big Shitty(City) was kind of out of the options at the time, it was a several hours drive to a town that showed it and I had no way of finding out where it actually played. (it was the EARLY 90's, No Interwebs back then). So of course when I did get to see it I still had my Hard Core Bllinders on and had the pretty typical reaction every one else had. The WTF Is Going On?  WHERE IS JASON! Why does his head look like that? ETC.   So I didn't watch it for a darn long time.  It wasn't until DVD came along that I decided to get em all. Had to be a completionist and get Pt 9 too.  At first I still kind of felt the same way but had mellow'ed on it. It wasn't until I listened to the special features and watched the commentary that I then kind of seen what they were trying to do and I sort of agree'ed with them.   They were just trying to do something different with it ,which IMO F13 Kind of Really Needed.  Sure they totally FUBAR'ed it Up. But I do appreciate the movie more now.  And it does have some pretty kick ass kills, and it has Erin Grey in it.   Big Fan Boy Crush there from back in the day.   Oh Buck Rogers... Jason Pt. 9
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2017, 01:24:57 AM »

I'd like to know if they would've done things differently had they known it was going to be the first and last F13 film of the 90s.
SexMurderArt
Victim

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:23 AM »

I'd like to know if they would've done things differently had they known it was going to be the first and last F13 film of the 90s.

Everyone likes to call sean cunningham the creator. But he hated the idea of jason. HATED it..theres a reason him and victor miller are in a lawsuit battle right now and its over royalties for the creation of that character in which victor never got paid for.  When this movie was in the beginning stages. Sean wanted it go to back to family themes and wanted the hockey mask and jason out of the picture. After the movie got bad reviews he started denying this. I talk to adam marcus fairly often on facebook. He was told strictly to get the mask out of the film. A recent interview sean was lashing out on the film and insulting marcus's integrity.

Its funny he denies telling adam that..because you know a 23 year old at the time was gonna get complete creative control (sarcasm) as he (sean) was taking the series back... dudes a hypocrite and a douchebag. He helped sabotage this film (although in honesty one of my favorites in the series) and helped sabotage jason X. Hes a basket case who wants to take credit for everything then once its not given a fair review blames it on others.  New line rejected the story and forced adam and sean to insert jason BACK into the story line. Which is funny because theres a stupid fucking youtube video called "How new line destroyed the friday the 13th series". It wasnt new line.. it was SEAN CUNNINGHAM WHO DID.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »

The time to phase Jason out of the story would've been the early-mid 80s. I don't think it would've worked then either and it would've required an amazing film to get the audience to go along with it.

By the 90s, there was no reason to get rid of Jason. Jason IS F13. If they wanted to make a movie without Jason, don't create a F13 film.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #383 on: September 09, 2017, 02:40:37 AM »

The time to phase Jason out of the story would've been the early-mid 80s. I don't think it would've worked then either and it would've required an amazing film to get the audience to go along with it.

By the 90s, there was no reason to get rid of Jason. Jason IS F13. If they wanted to make a movie without Jason, don't create a F13 film.

Isn't that what they tried with pt 5?

Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #384 on: September 10, 2017, 02:26:18 AM »

A Jason impersonator and the promo revolves around Jason's mask?

I don't call that phasing Jason out of the story.

The only film to truly attempt such a thing out of these franchises is Halloween III.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »

But it did  kind of try to bring back the "WhoDunnit" aspect of the first Friday.  Jason Pt. 5
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: