Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 12:03:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason's a legend Ginny...a legend"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Creighton Duke is quite a character.  (Read 7984 times)
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 07:26:48 AM »

Plus, Duke didn't die screaming like a little bitch.

Don So True! Rob was such a pussy in part 4 trying to be a bad ass and he scream like a little girl. hell Tommy who was like 11 years old could take Jason out but Rob who was an Adult and who come to stop jason could not and he scream like a little bitch
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »

The Duke is easily one of the best characters in the series and definitely the best character of the New Line films.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »

I've never been a fan of Duke.  I feel like characters like him are part of what completely changed the series.  Jason doesn't need a "hunter" to be interesting. 
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »

I like to think that Paul in part 2 was Duke incognito, that would explain why he is not around when Ginny is calling for him at the end, he is hiding from the authorities and still on the hunt for Jay-Jay....
LOCOFOX 82
Camper

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 05:19:59 AM »

I liked the actor STEVEN WILLIAMS but the character left a lot to be desired. IMO they could have made CREIGHTON DUKE the father of a past character (my choice: SISSY from JASON LIVES) & that would have given real motivation to go after JASON & perhaps be a continuing character in the NEW LINE series. Because let's face it NEW LINE needed help they produced the worst entries.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »

I've never been a fan of Duke.  I feel like characters like him are part of what completely changed the series.  Jason doesn't need a "hunter" to be interesting. 

I disagree. He had the character of Tommy in Jason Lives and that is one of the most beloved films by the fans in the series.

I think to have a reoccuring character who always has Jason's number would be much better story telling then just a new set of victims every film.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »

I disagree. He had the character of Tommy in Jason Lives and that is one of the most beloved films by the fans in the series.

I think to have a reoccuring character who always has Jason's number would be much better story telling then just a new set of victims every film.

Tommy is a lot different than Duke.  Then again I like the Tommy character and what they did with him.  And it's subjective. 

Duke is too much of a cartoon type of character, not very well developed, and he really doesn't fit the series at all.  Duke is like a vampire hunter, a modern day Van Helsing, and for me it doesn't work.  Jason's world is not mystical and don't feel his own story would work over several films.  He has some great lines and provides good comedy relief, but I believe his character would grow tiresome over even 2 films.  For myself Friday the 13th is not about bad ass characters or silly mystical legends.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »

Jason's world is not mystical and don't feel his own story would work over several films...For myself Friday the 13th is not about bad ass characters or silly mystical legends.

A boy drowned and then comes back to life for revenge. Then he gets killed by a machette to the head. Then he gets struck by lightening and becomes a walking undead zombie. Then he does battle with a girl with telekenisis. Then he displays his ability to be in more then one place at a time. Then he displays his ability to possess other people. Then he is said to be able to regenerate lost and damaged tissue. Then he did battle against a dream demon.

Side note: The necrominican and the magical dagger were used in Jason Goes to Hell.

That all sounds pretty damn mystical to me. As far as the bad ass aspect you mentioned, I thought he was ALWAYA bad ass.
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

I wouldn't say Duke was one of my favorite characters but he did add something good to JGTH.I do agree that his past with Jason would have been interesting to learn more about.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »

A boy drowned and then comes back to life for revenge. Then he gets killed by a machette to the head. Then he gets struck by lightening and becomes a walking undead zombie. Then he does battle with a girl with telekenisis. Then he displays his ability to be in more then one place at a time. Then he displays his ability to possess other people. Then he is said to be able to regenerate lost and damaged tissue. Then he did battle against a dream demon.

Side note: The necrominican and the magical dagger were used in Jason Goes to Hell.

That all sounds pretty damn mystical to me. As far as the bad ass aspect you mentioned, I thought he was ALWAYA bad ass.

LOL, point taken!

I should clarify a bit more.  I never saw any reason for the necrominican and the magical dagger, that adds an element that Friday the 13th doesn't need ... then again I'm not exactly in love with the body jumping aspects either but that is a debate for another time.  I see Duke as being directly tied to things like the necrominican, body jumping, and the magical dagger.  Duke, IMO, doesn't add anything to the Jason folklore and over a series of films it would just make the Friday the 13th films pedestrian. 

New Line screwed the series, I felt they did it by adding the necrominican, body jumping, the magical dagger, and outer space.  Basically New Line did everything in their power to change the Jason series to sell it to a new generation of fans that really didn't care about Friday the 13th as much as they cared about "bad ass Jason".  Jason works best on a gut level, being scared in the woods of the unknown.  When you start adding nonsense you cloud the story and ruin the basics of it.  To me, Duke is part of that nonsense.

To clear up the bad ass thing ... while Jason and the Friday films could be called "bad ass", I was referring to the derogatory version of the term "bad ass".  Such as, Transformers 2 might have sucked but the effects were bad ass.  I consider the Friday films (particularly 1-4) to be more than just bad ass gore effects, I like the story and characters.  Friday 1-4 would have sucked with Duke involved. 

To each his own, agree to disagree, and all of that kind of thing.  Smiley
lopli321
Camper

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »

I've always liked Duke, he was short of a mysterious character, I always wanted to know more about him.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »

Duke was bad ass! I would like to see a prequel to jgth that has more to do with the past that jason and duke share together. That would be dope
Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

Duke is the shit, but Brodski was a little bit better.

But I agree, Loc. A prequel about Duke and Jason would have been illatight.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: