Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

November 19, 2017, 03:29:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We weren't doing anything..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Black Christmas (1974)  (Read 12500 times)
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2017, 12:18:47 AM »

There is no contradiction and certainly not because Fuller talks to "the chick". That's laughable.

If there were any contradictions, this debate wouldn't have lasted 43 years and counting.

I've seen people over the years go in depth looking for signs pointing either way. Your overly simplistic analysis doesn't even come close to cutting the mustard.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »

On the phone he John Saxxon asks her questions about Peter being there and calling and she says out lous that it could not have been due to circumstances. People argue about everything and anything to hear themselves talk. The Killer is billy, who cares lol. Some people think in the original Friday the 13th that Pamela had an accomplice due to what we saw being done. A lot of it was impossible for some old lady to do but we just accept it because it is a fictional movie.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2017, 01:59:17 AM »

On the phone he John Saxxon asks her questions about Peter being there and calling and she says out lous that it could not have been due to circumstances.
Its not a contradiction. If it does anything, it reinforces it. This is an opening for the involvement of Chris.

People argue about everything and anything to hear themselves talk. The Killer is billy, who cares lol.

Who cares?!? Obviously a LOT of people. Its been discussed for 40 years for heavens sake. No one is arguing about it "to hear themselves talk".

This wasn't a typical slasher. Its a suspense film and what continually fuels the story is the fact nobody knows who the killer is.

As far as you looking for contradictions that aren't there, the fact that they originally wanted Chris to mention Billy and Agnes after Peter is dead is a sign that its not some lunatic stranger named Billy. Since they didn't include it, it allows the guessing games that have always been around since it was released.

A better statement would've been YOU don't care but that begs a question...why even jump into the thread and comment about it if you don't even care.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2017, 02:03:30 AM »

Its not a contradiction. If it does anything, it reinforces it. This is an opening for the involvement of Chris.

Who cares?!? Obviously a LOT of people. Its been discussed for 40 years for heavens sake. No one is arguing about it "to hear themselves talk".

This wasn't a typical slasher. Its a suspense film and what continually fuels the story is the fact nobody knows who the killer is.

As far as you looking for contradictions that aren't there, the fact that they originally wanted Chris to mention Billy and Agnes after Peter is dead is a sign that its not some lunatic stranger named Billy. Since they didn't include it, it allows the guessing games that have always been around since it was released.

A better statement would've been YOU don't care but that begs a question...why even jump into the thread and comment about it if you don't even care.

I watched the movie and it they addressed it. I don't understand how it's a mystery.
Trivago
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »

A lot of it was impossible for some old lady to do but we just accept it because it is a fictional movie.

A demented, driven, psychopathic old lady on the other hand..

Also in brief:

I watched the movie and it they addressed it. I don't understand how it's a mystery

I saw no conflict within the movie.
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2017, 05:19:48 AM »

I just got through watching this again. We get a reveal at the beginning of the film I hadn't noticed until now. I don't think anyone years ago in these discussions who also believed its Peter and Chris noticed this although my memory is hazy and that was years ago. They probably did notice as it sticks out if you're paying close attention for any reveals.

At 6:34 after "Billy" has entered the house, we get the first prank call in the film. Its technically the second call as the first was for Barb(her mom) and she says she'll take it in the other room. THis is to let the audience know that there's another phone in the house.

This scene between Barb's phone call and "Billy"'s entrance/the prank call focuses on Barb talking on the phone, and Claire and Chris talking by the front door before Chris leaves.

Anyways, after Jess answers the phone and hears "Billy", she tells the other girls, "Quiet! It's him again , the moaner". They all come running to listen. Barb says, "He's expanded his act." This obviously indicates they've been dealing with this for awhile.

Claire then makes an interesting comment.

"Could that be one person?"

That is not a throwaway line just tossed in there by accident. It's by design.

This is not the first time "Billy" has called. If Billy is just some random lunatic who has just entered these girls lives right now, this means any previous calls cannot be him since this is his first time in the house calling the girls.

I also like the timing of Chris walking out the door seconds before the call. It just points out even more the Peter/Chris dynamic.

This film really is a masterpiece. THIS is how you make a horror film. Just the fact that you can continue to see new things and the clues spread throughout decades later is amazing. The story was well thought out and I can see why they went back and forth between wanting it to be Peter and Chris or leaving it open as they did.

Clarke never should've stopped making horror films. He clearly had a knack for it and Clarke and Moore(screenwriter) should've teamed up again for a horror film.

Even though IMDB's forums turned into a troll factory and had to be taken down, I wish they were still open as I'd love to have a discussion with those people from years ago who believed it was Peter and Chris killing the girls. I'd also like to know what many believe is the point of the unrelated young girl going missing and is eventually found murdered(all offscreen). It doesn't fit in to the the overall story but there has to be a purpose to include it.

I saw no conflict within the movie.
Sweet baby Jesus.  You didn't pay any attention to the film. There's conflict by design! How can you possible say with a straight face there's no conflict?!? The whole point of the film is the suspense of not knowing exactly who the killer is and all these clues layered throughout the film. This is what makes it the most unique slasher ever made. Like I said before, this has been debated amongst fans long before there was even an internet and last but not least, the filmmakers considered a reveal of Peter and Chris as the killers but Clarke wanted it left open to debate.

Even before I was on the Peter and Chris side of the fence, I acknowledged how they keep you guessing and not knowing who is doing what and when.

I find it interesting that Chris was in the house a few minutes before the final call.
Like I mentioned above, I find it even more interesting that Chris was also in the house a minute before the first call.

It's not a coincidence.

If its Peter and Chris, this places both of them in the house at the beginning and end of the film. Peter would be upstairs making the first call as Chris leaves the house, and Peter's corpse being taken away at the end and Chris leaving the house as we hear "Billy" the final time(with Jess still in the house asleep).

They don't make horror films this good anymore. Probably never will either.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: