Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 11, 2017, 07:59:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I told the others, they didn't believe me!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 59465 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

I disagree with Jason and horror movies not being supernatural as well. The horror genre was built upon supernatural creatures. Look at Nosferatu from 1922. It was a Dracula movie featuring a vampire. Then in the 30s you had movies like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, and Werewolf of London, which in itself spun off The Wolf Man a few years after that.

Freddy was always supernatural. Jason was always supernatural despite what some would want to think. He was stabbed through the heart with a machette and had his head chopped to pieces at the end of the remake. If he comes back from that he is supernatural. Nobody can take an ax to the head and come back (at least so fast) nor can they pick someone up and squeeze their head to make their eyeball pop out.

Whether you like it or not, the horror genre was built upon the supernatural and Jason Voorhees is not only a part of it, but supernatural himself.

Sounds like a few shots to me, based on the comments I wrote earlier but if you noticed. I was talking about Jason in the remake and early series...not the entire Horror genre lol. He isn't brought back for a sequel yet. And its easy enough to say "hey that ending could have been a dream" Why not, a lot of the other movies did it. lol, see what I mean? So, as far as the remake goes, at this point in time, he isn't supernatural.

When I say I don't like Supernatural elements its just that in the beginning of the series Jason could have been 100% alive. Just some dude that grew up in the woods by himself. By #6 we KNOW he's dead. I'm not going to bring up that whole arguement of someone not being able to survive an axe in the head...(FYI its possible, WITH medical treatment) been there done that too many times to count. I believe he was alive until the end of Part 4.

While I LOVE zombie Jason in 6 & 7 its not as scary (especially as an adult) when you know there aren't really zombies...see what I mean? So I like to think of horror movies as being REAL while I watch them ...if whats going on in them are even possible.

When your a kid its totally different, for the most part its all freaky and you don't look at it as "oh is that really possible?" To me movies that are more real are much more terrifying. That is one of the reasons that Halloween is just so damn spooky/creepy.

As for movies about demons, and ghosts...I don't believe in demons either. I lived in a house that had spirits, so, ghost movies DO scare me as well.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:15 PM »

i agree with all your comments Kat  !!
totally feel the same way , regarding the realism=scary idea ....

and Rich , sorry my friend , didn't mean to imply JV used an axe in pt2 -- we all know he didn't . just a silly pun on the F13 theme ....
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »

Sounds like the sequel isnt totally dead,or maybe its just dead for platium dunes
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/new-nightmare-scares-up-322m-open-top-ap
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2010, 07:42:31 PM »

i'm sure the sequel will be made ........just a matter of time !
Ferky
Lifeguard

« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »

damn only just found out about part 2 being cancelled that sucks
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2010, 07:31:15 PM »

Im with rich on this one
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »

Dont know if anyone has read this but ill post it anyways
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14977
HorrorFan13
Resident Filmmaker
Counselor

« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »

yeah i read that like last week or something, it isn't too suprising, but I kinda wish they would get a sequel made.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »

i watched the 2009 remake again last night .  i really do like most of it , and love the redone version of Jason !!
i prefer the original potatoe sack look , to the 'head wrapped in gauze' deal ... , but i liked the new overall approach.

the sequel has to happen !!!
" if you film it ..they will come "   LOL
Sir Snooty Tooty
Resident Evil Maven
Lifeguard

Great Party, Isn't It?

« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »

This bummed me out when I read it. I, personally, wasn't a huge fan of the new Elm Street film. And PD seems like they are side lining the sequel for another sequel of a movie that has comparatively made less money.

But, Friday the 13th, with every new incarnation is getting to be a bit like Ghostbusters. So many people have their fingers in the pie it makes making a new movie difficult. And like a lot of F13 fans I am waiting for that elusive "Part 13". And, of course, 'Jason in the snow, Ala The Shining'. Wink

I have no doubt Jason is not dead. Frankenstein shambled of Mary Shelly's pen in the 1800s and he's still kicking around. Frank
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

i watched the 2009 remake again last night .  i really do like most of it , and love the redone version of Jason !!
i prefer the original potatoe sack look , to the 'head wrapped in gauze' deal ... , but i liked the new overall approach.

the sequel has to happen !!!
" if you film it ..they will come "   LOL

how about this ..? when they DO make the sequel  :
Friday the 13th pt2 - Camp Blood
Smiley
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »

I shudder to think about a new friday the 13th sequel. I think as the 13th installment, it should be the perfect movie (which it will not be sadly) and it's because of this that I think the series may keep going after thirteen movies. If the next film does bad, another sequel will need to be made to do it a justice. If the film does well at the box office then producers will want another sequel to get more money out of the franchise and to appease the die-hard fans like ourselves.

So, idk what to think about a new sequel. I loved seeing Jason on the big screen again, but I think maybe they (the writers/producers/directors) could make Jason scare me instead of going for a body count. I love the unique kills and characters, but I want to see a very dark and cold movie......but, then again, I want to be entertained to no limit. =)

I welcome another sequel anyways, because I/we will never have enough of the terror of Crystal Lake that is Jason Voorhees.

~King~
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »

I shudder to think about a new friday the 13th sequel. I think as the 13th installment, it should be the perfect movie (which it will not be sadly) and it's because of this that I think the series may keep going after thirteen movies. If the next film does bad, another sequel will need to be made to do it a justice. If the film does well at the box office then producers will want another sequel to get more money out of the franchise and to appease the die-hard fans like ourselves.

So, idk what to think about a new sequel. I loved seeing Jason on the big screen again, but I think maybe they (the writers/producers/directors) could make Jason scare me instead of going for a body count. I love the unique kills and characters, but I want to see a very dark and cold movie......but, then again, I want to be entertained to no limit. =)

I welcome another sequel anyways, because I/we will never have enough of the terror of Crystal Lake that is Jason Voorhees.

~King~

great post !! i hope they do something special with it too !

and i'd also go for a few less deaths , if the remaining ones were executed in a way that did justice to the legacy and reputation of this series ....( ie : scare the pants off the audience )
lets hope for the best , and hope that they are paying attention to us -- the fans !!
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »

Indeed. =) lol
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »

This was posted on BD a couple hours ago...

Since New Line Cinema, Warner Bros., Platinum Dunes and Paramount Pictures have yet to get the Friday the 13th sequel off the ground, we thought we'd share this little nugget of info that came our way. Want to know one of the kill sequences from the yet-to-be-filmed screenplay? Cool, here we go then. Spoiler Warning!

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:52:54 PM by Kat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: