Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 03:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Don't smoke. Causes cancer."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 57649 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »

Thank you for posting it SK. My computer seems to have a virus somehow...and I cannot get most sites to load Sad

With the virus, I also do not want to update the site with new info...so it will have to wait. Ugh. This sucks.

so if they want make big bucks off this sequel... its simple... make it as real/believable as possible.. i know that when we watch movies.. we're entering a story.. fiction... but what made the originals SO scary.. is how they pulled us in with suspense.. and then were able to back it up with kick ass effects ( for that time)...

I personally can't get into NEW (that I have never seen, it can still be old, but its NEW to ME) horror movies that aren't realistic. When I was younger I had no problem with it. But now, its just...not my thing.

Anyhow, that doesn't really seem like NEWS to me. So, virtually what he's saying is the horror movie market is starting to die...again...not that there are problems with a sequel, just they think they can't make $ off of it currently. At least thats what I gather from it.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2010, 11:19:04 PM »

that makes total sense... cause alot of the original flicks that have come out in the last few years.. have sucked.. so yeah.. i can totally see how they would be more willing to fund a remake/reboot/retelling.. whatever you wanna call it... but....the reason why so many originals are failing .. is because is like they dont even try to make a descent film... the stories usually are predictable and lame...and they just throw over the top gore at us.. which wouldnt be a bad thing if it had good writing and cast to back it up.. .. look at the original halloween... virtually NO gore.. but its one of the top horror movies EVER made...and look at the original friday 13...has all the same elements as halloween.. but they added the gore....

the 09 reboot of friday 13... went  down the safe road IMO...ive heard the term "cookie cutter horror"... i think that would be the perfect way of describing it...

so if they want make big bucks off this sequel... its simple... make it as real/believable as possible.. i know that when we watch movies.. we're entering a story.. fiction... but what made the originals SO scary.. is how they pulled us in with suspense.. and then were able to back it up with kick ass effects ( for that time)...

What original flicks are you referring to?
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2010, 02:28:28 AM »

I gotta disagree with u kat on keeping it as realistic as possible, i mean honestly jason vorhees is a unrealistic character to begin with and movies are from the writers imagination. I dont think it's needed to do that but i think to make a successful sequel they just need 2 stick to vorhees basics and maybe do the next one in the snow like they were talking about, it would definitely look pretty sick...
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »

I gotta disagree with u kat on keeping it as realistic as possible, i mean honestly jason vorhees is a unrealistic character to begin with and movies are from the writers imagination. I dont think it's needed to do that but i think to make a successful sequel they just need 2 stick to vorhees basics and maybe do the next one in the snow like they were talking about, it would definitely look pretty sick...

Well, I never said Jason. I grew up with those movies. I obviously love them lol. Slashers are one thing, sometimes. But I hate thinking of him as Supernatural. So on some level that was cool for me with the remake. He was just a guy who had great hunting skills he used in killing people. Which originally I was a little leery about, but now not as much.

I dunno, if I watched a movie, say about Demons, I wouldn't enjoy it much, because I don't believe there are such things. It would have to be a really kick ass movie for me to enjoy...and well I haven't seen a kick ass horror movie in years LOL
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »

Anyhow, that doesn't really seem like NEWS to me. So, virtually what he's saying is the horror movie market is starting to die...again...not that there are problems with a sequel, just they think they can't make $ off of it currently. At least thats what I gather from it.

I think you are dead on with your feelings here, Kat. I agree with it all. Greed drives everything.  Wink
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »

To FvJ...movies such as : dead silence, all 3 boogymans, ANY haunting movie, paranormal activity, the lovely bones,the happening,I don't remember the name..but the movie where if you die in the video game..you die in real life, the lost boys 2..just to name a few Smiley
Ghost
The God of Fuck
Head Counselor

21st Century Schizoid Man

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »

To FvJ...movies such as : dead silence, all 3 boogymans, ANY haunting movie, paranormal activity, the lovely bones,the happening,I don't remember the name..but the movie where if you die in the video game..you die in real life, the lost boys 2..just to name a few Smiley

the shitfest you are refering to is "stay alive". such a waste of time. i just wanted to say i kind of liked Dead Silence. but the CG was anoying.
Jason4life
Lifeguard

" Hail To The King Baby" - Ashly J. Williams

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »

Wait... I just noticed something...

This is the 13th Friday the 13th Flim

Its so Beautiful

This better be the best movie of the series
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »

i hope it gets made , and soon !! can't wait to see more Jason on the big screen .

and being the 13th entry , will hopfully inspire some wicked new ideas to keep it fresh .
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2010, 04:35:10 PM »

i hope it gets made , and soon !! can't wait to see more Jason on the big screen .

and being the 13th entry , will hopfully inspire some wicked new ideas to keep it fresh .

it mos def will be made... weather or not soon i dunno... but this definitely not the last we will see of Mr.  Jason Voorhees... Grin
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »

I disagree with Jason and horror movies not being supernatural as well. The horror genre was built upon supernatural creatures. Look at Nosferatu from 1922. It was a Dracula movie featuring a vampire. Then in the 30s you had movies like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, and Werewolf of London, which in itself spun off The Wolf Man a few years after that.

Freddy was always supernatural. Jason was always supernatural despite what some would want to think. He was stabbed through the heart with a machette and had his head chopped to pieces at the end of the remake. If he comes back from that he is supernatural. Nobody can take an ax to the head and come back (at least so fast) nor can they pick someone up and squeeze their head to make their eyeball pop out.

Whether you like it or not, the horror genre was built upon the supernatural and Jason Voorhees is not only a part of it, but supernatural himself.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

this is why , the original F13 pt2  is my favorite !
Jason wasn't a zombie .. he didn't teleport , or re-animate , his lifeforce didn't jump from body to body , etc.

he was human !! albeit , a very deformed / disturbed human , but .....

when you see his shack in the woods , it even had a toilet !!
 ghosts / demons and supernatural creatures don't urinate -- i'm almost sure of it !!  LOL

and when Ginny kicked him in the balls , he grunted in pain !
( understandable )

F13 pt 1 was a classic , and you're right Rich , in part 3 he lifted that guy and popped his eye out ....kinda inhuman indeed !

F13 pt2, was more violent / gorier / scarier . Jason was a HUMAN killer -- with an " axe " to grind ........

Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »

He didn't use an ax in Part 2. Just because there was a shitter in there doesn't mean he used it. I think he was supernatural since the beginning. I think he drowned, and supernaturally was reborn when his mother was killed.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »

He didn't use an ax in Part 2. Just because there was a shitter in there doesn't mean he used it. I think he was supernatural since the beginning. I think he drowned, and supernaturally was reborn when his mother was killed.
That's what I've always thought too.. It wasn't until recently I heard that he never drowned and he was suppose to be human in 2-4.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »

He was "more" human in Parts 2-4 then he was in the rest of the series up until the 2009 remake. I never saw him as "regular" human though. He always had a supernatural aspect to him.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: