Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 17, 2017, 11:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "The only thing to fear...is fear himself!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 57541 times)
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

well not all of us have your connections.. some of us only hear what  we hear through the grape vine... who cares who posts what first.....

Agreed. Wink I was getting slammed that day and let the bad day spill out onto the forum here. Sorry about that.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »

I must say though..I read a lot of your posts here and on other sites..its awesome that you are able to get a lot of inside info that you get...its always fun to learn new things about the franchise and films..Smiley
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »

With the exception of its passable, extended opening, we think the world can agree that the Friday the 13th remake was pretty craptastic!

Studio bigwigs must have finally gotten some sense, and have nixed the proposed sequel, originally set to be released later this year!

According to producer Brad Fuller, "It is dead- not happening."

Phew!

The recent horror remakes have been disasters! We're holding out hope for the new Nightmare on Elm Street, but that's all it is - hope!

R.I.P Jason Vorhees - for REALZ this time!!

Grin
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »

I wouldn't say its DEAD DEAD, come on, they said it was THE FINAL CHAPTER, and look how many movies we got after that LOL. It would really shock me if this remake didn't spout ONE sequel....eventually...eventu ally is the keyword LOL.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »

I hope they still make a sequel. Come on cmpbloodhottie, the re imagining wasnt that bad at all, i enjoyed it anyway... Its jason vorhees, how can that be craptastic?
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

I got that off a website actually, and i agree it was craptastic. I mean look how long it took to make that movie and thats the best they could come up with? Sorry, its not the 80s anymore, it will never live up to the rest of the series, i dont care who makes it. Im waiting for part 13 to come out. Not a damn remake.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »

I got that off a website actually, and i agree it was craptastic. I mean look how long it took to make that movie and thats the best they could come up with? Sorry, its not the 80s anymore, it will never live up to the rest of the series, i dont care who makes it. Im waiting for part 13 to come out. Not a damn remake.
well I guess it's a matter of opinion, I loved it, you hated it
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »

Yeah. You cant please everybody i guess. Jason X
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »

i do agree that with the time between the last film and the 09 reboot.. that it would have been WAY better than what it we got... i do like the killer cut version  slightly better though...
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »

I'm still hoping for a sequel because I enjoyed the remake alot.
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »

i do agree that with the time between the last film and the 09 reboot.. that it would have been WAY better than what it we got... i do like the killer cut version  slightly better though...

I have not seen that version yet. I saw the theater version. I really do wish they would make a sequel.. part 13! Back in the 80s they came out with a f13th movie every year! What happened?
Ghost
The God of Fuck
Head Counselor

21st Century Schizoid Man

« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »

I wouldn't say its DEAD DEAD, come on, they said it was THE FINAL CHAPTER,
don't forget 9 was "THE FINAL FRIDAY" lol
VoltronLions
New Blood

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »

why they kill the sequel remake? has it been already filmed?
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »

"Right now it’s not happening," Fuller told Bloody Disgusting. "Nothing’s happening on it…[but] for a movie like that, the door is always open. Obviously we’d really love to go back to Crystal Lake, and we’ve been very lucky on our last two films working with Jackie Earle Haley and Derek Mears [the new Jason Voorhees]. And being able to go back-to-back between those guys, and then to go back to Derek, I would love that."

He continues, "You know, it doesn’t feel to me like – and this isn’t specific to any studio – it doesn’t feel to me like the studios are making horror movies in the same way that they were making them three or four years ago where every studio had a couple horror movies in production or that they were prepping. I think if you look at the calendar for this year, there’s probably four or five horror movies, and they’re all either remakes or sequels to something else. So it just doesn’t feel like there’s the same appetite at the studio level. And we’ll see how the appetite is at the audience level when ‘Nightmare’ comes out."

Fuller also talks about what it takes to get these movies made.

"If horror fans really want more horror movies, they have to support…if you’re only gonna support the bigger-title horror movies, then the studios are gonna give ‘em. So the part that everyone always hates to hear, but it’s the truth, is the audience votes with their money, and then the studio responds to that. So I’m sure you’re aware of all the shit that we get cause we don’t make original horror movies…but when original horror movies come out and they don’t do as well as a remake, if you’re the person who’s writing the check to make the movie, which movie do you make?"

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19968
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »

that makes total sense... cause alot of the original flicks that have come out in the last few years.. have sucked.. so yeah.. i can totally see how they would be more willing to fund a remake/reboot/retelling.. whatever you wanna call it... but....the reason why so many originals are failing .. is because is like they dont even try to make a descent film... the stories usually are predictable and lame...and they just throw over the top gore at us.. which wouldnt be a bad thing if it had good writing and cast to back it up.. .. look at the original halloween... virtually NO gore.. but its one of the top horror movies EVER made...and look at the original friday 13...has all the same elements as halloween.. but they added the gore....

the 09 reboot of friday 13... went  down the safe road IMO...ive heard the term "cookie cutter horror"... i think that would be the perfect way of describing it...

so if they want make big bucks off this sequel... its simple... make it as real/believable as possible.. i know that when we watch movies.. we're entering a story.. fiction... but what made the originals SO scary.. is how they pulled us in with suspense.. and then were able to back it up with kick ass effects ( for that time)...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: