Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 11:54:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Does he think I'm a farthead?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 59521 times)
Jameslofton
Camp Cook

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:46 PM »

That's weird that it's not getting a green light considering the remake made about $100 million worldwide. And to top it off it seems everyone likes the script.  Frank
No offense, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why this is in purgatory and may stay there for years. It got terrible reviews, and they could look at Zombie's Halloween 2 for a glimpse of this sequel's fate. Also, as already stated, they are working on other projects that definitely take priority over this.

A pattern has been established with all these horrid remakes. You blow your load with the remake and the cash registers go cha-ching. Word of mouth spreads proclaiming it a shit sandwich, then the inevitable sequel tanks hard.

I don't blame them for not wanting to immediately flush millions of dollars down the toilet. They can sit on it for years and revisit the subject at a much later date.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »

id kinda like it if they saved the 3d for the 3rd installment... 

I would too, and then they could use some of the scenes from the original #3 in it.

My ONLY problem with 3D...is this...

The Final Destination for example was a horrible movie. They had all CGI 3D effects. No real makeup then adding the 3D into that. It may look good in the theater, but it doesn't work well on a home TV. It looks downright awful.

Now of course if you have say $5000 kicking around you can by an HDTV with all the gear for 3D viewing. Oh yeah, they don't have DVDs out for that...yet!

But still, that leaves those of us without, in the dark.

So in the end, all I ask, is that if they do make this 3D whenever they get around to making it. Please please please do GOOD 3D, not Final Destination shitty 3D
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »

My Bloody Valentine was a good movie both in 3D and 2D... And on my hi-def, 3D ready TV the 3D looks amazing even if it's still the red and green glasses, it still looks good... I wanna get me one of the new TV's though that can support the kind of 3D they used in Avatar...
Anyway back to topic, I do agree that it would be nice if they waited for the 3rd one to be in 3D, but what ever's clever IMO. If they wanna go for it now, I ain't trippin cuz at the end of the day it's a new Jason movie and I've been waiting for Jason to come back again to decapitate, slice and dice and murder some teens again lol...
I don't think platinum dunes would do the same as who ever made The Final Destination, cuz if u watch the rest of the platinum dunes movie, the CG is really very little, so I wouldn't worry about that..
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

No offense, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why this is in purgatory and may stay there for years. It got terrible reviews, and they could look at Zombie's Halloween 2 for a glimpse of this sequel's fate. Also, as already stated, they are working on other projects that definitely take priority over this.

A pattern has been established with all these horrid remakes. You blow your load with the remake and the cash registers go cha-ching. Word of mouth spreads proclaiming it a shit sandwich, then the inevitable sequel tanks hard.

I don't blame them for not wanting to immediately flush millions of dollars down the toilet. They can sit on it for years and revisit the subject at a much later date.

So what if it got terrible reviews, the movie still made a ton of money. That's what the movie business is about. And why would they look at Rob Zombie's H2 as a reason to push back production? I doubt that play's into the cards at all.

If anything it's because they want to do other movies like you stated, but if the script is a good as they say it is you would definitely push for that to go through. Which I think they have but whatever reason it's just not happening right now.

Maybe the writers can continue to work on the script as time goes by to make it even better. This set back could be a good thing.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »

Agreed... It has nothing to do with the reviews, most F13th movies have had bad reviews by film critics... I never really listen to film critics, because most of em think that real boring movies are great while really good action or horror movies suck...
VoltronLions
New Blood

« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »

this is awesome news now if we could finally get Freddy vs Jason 2 already
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »

ShocktillyouDrop reports that this sequel is officially "dead".

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14943
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »

There is a god!!
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »

I just said in chat, by the sounds of that article, it seems that there might be some sort of legal trouble perhaps. Who knows.
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »

I find this all pretty funny as Fuller has been admitting this movie was in limbo and not happening for months. Especially when they announced Monster Squad last month and Friday the 13th Part 2 was removed from their release schedule. This is old news! In fact, I reported two days ago that Fuller mentioned the real problem why the sequel is not going forward.............. Dual Studio Dilemna!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/dual-studio-involvment-responsible-for-delayed-sequel/

None of the horror websites picked up on this before, but someone at Bloody Disgusting reads Fuller's Twitter account today and sees "Dead", posts a story about it 20 hours after Fuller posted his remark and now everyone on the net is saying oh my god, there's no sequel right now.  Grin

It is truly a thing of beauty to watch one news source post a story and then watch all of the other horror websites post the same story to their own Twitter and Facebook accounts within minutes of each other. Everyone should have seen it. It was spectacular!!
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2010, 12:16:52 AM »

I don't visit other sites, only BD lol. Therefore the only thing I knew was what was reported before. Nobody likes me or this site from movie companies other then paramount so I'm not in the loop anymore LOL. Thanks Blake! Wink  Tongue

Anyhow, its been obvious as you said with it being dropped and them moving on to other projects. But based on the $ it made, I'm sure there will be a sequel...eventually.
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:50 AM »

Nobody likes me or this site from movie companies other then paramount so I'm not in the loop anymore LOL. Thanks Blake! Wink  Tongue

Before my time on fridayfilms.com. However, I do remember visiting here and then also over there and reading some things about the disputes. Sorry that all happened. As for the sequel, sorry for the rant. It just truly amazes me how the net works. I will say this, Fuller is great at responding to the fans on his account. He did mention the "Not Happening" phrase last week to a fan, but somehow that was never caught by any of the major horror websites either.

We will have to just play the waiting game again. Also, just because PD is not involved doesn't mean that Warner Bros. can't take the project and make another film.... once Paramount and them can agree.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »

Look I've got enough Friday films on my shelf to keep me company until another one comes out. I hope this delay will let the writers continue to work on the script and make it better.

Since this is dead at the moment I wonder if a the script for the sequel will leak out onto the net. I hope not but you never know.

Well, I'm going to watch part 5 tonight. Cheers.   Jason Pt. 5
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »

Friday the 13th movies always got bad reviews. Why should this one be any different. Critics are people whom don't understand the horror genre, therefore they don't understand how to judge them.

Reviews shouldn't have any bearing on the subjct whatsoever. I think it is more the matter of Platinum Dunes having other things on their plate now, such as The Birds and Monster Squad, not to mention it being hard to make a Friday the 13th movie these days because you have so many different companies with their hands in the pie.

To the fans it is an annoyance because we have to wait so fucking long for the movies now. Between FVJ and F1309 there was a six year gap.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »

I find this all pretty funny as Fuller has been admitting this movie was in limbo and not happening for months. Especially when they announced Monster Squad last month and Friday the 13th Part 2 was removed from their release schedule. This is old news! In fact, I reported two days ago that Fuller mentioned the real problem why the sequel is not going forward.............. Dual Studio Dilemna!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/dual-studio-involvment-responsible-for-delayed-sequel/

None of the horror websites picked up on this before, but someone at Bloody Disgusting reads Fuller's Twitter account today and sees "Dead", posts a story about it 20 hours after Fuller posted his remark and now everyone on the net is saying oh my god, there's no sequel right now.  Grin

It is truly a thing of beauty to watch one news source post a story and then watch all of the other horror websites post the same story to their own Twitter and Facebook accounts within minutes of each other. Everyone should have seen it. It was spectacular!!

well not all of us have your connections.. some of us only hear what  we hear through the grape vine... who cares who posts what first.....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: