Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 12, 2017, 08:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm going back to bed, wanna come?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 59506 times)
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »

thats not fully true.. throught the series theres many characters who we get to know and relate to..pretty much the entire cast from the first 4 films.....

I felt in the earlier films we got plenty of characterization with the characters. In films where we didn't get a lot back story on a certain character we immediately recognize that character by appearance and personality. The remake however is pretty low in that regard because the slut Bree, the blonde, and the Matthew Mcconaughey guy didn't even register in my mind at all. At times I even got them confused with one another but I still feel that the best characters were the ones introduced in the opening, they were funny and easily recognizable.
Ghost
The God of Fuck
Head Counselor

21st Century Schizoid Man

« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »

when i watch the old movies i try to relate with the characters. and i could be cause i knew people like that and they felt real. the new movie just does not.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »

I felt in the earlier films we got plenty of characterization with the characters. In films where we didn't get a lot back story on a certain character we immediately recognize that character by appearance and personality. The remake however is pretty low in that regard because the slut Bree, the blonde, and the Matthew Mcconaughey guy didn't even register in my mind at all. At times I even got them confused with one another but I still feel that the best characters were the ones introduced in the opening, they were funny and easily recognizable.

agreed....the opening segment was no more than 10 minutes long... and i still felt more connected to the first group of kids... i guess its maybe cause im more like them than trent and his friends...
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »

agreed....the opening segment was no more than 10 minutes long... and i still felt more connected to the first group of kids... i guess its maybe cause im more like them than trent and his friends...

I agree. We got nothing from any of anyone. Just small bits of their personality - enough to know who was the bitch and asshole, etc. In the earlier friday films we got to know and like the characters even though they were there to be killed off. they had good lines and just felt like they weren't polished and they didn't all fit into little stereotypes. They were like you and me. They weren't rich and beautiful...well, some were haha, but you know what I mean, they were all high budget movie looking.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »

I'm guessing that the success of the Nightmare On Elm Street remake will get the ball rolling on this one.

I'd love to know how the screenwriters out did themselves this time, considering the first time wasn't all that great.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2010, 01:58:29 AM »

The funny thing is that the ball was rolling on this and then it stopped. I don't really get it though. The script was written, but Platinum Dunes needs the green light from Warner Bros. to go ahead with the next movie. I hope they get it soon.

I still hope we get some good footage in the snow. That would be nice.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:57 AM »

The funny thing is that the ball was rolling on this and then it stopped. I don't really get it though. The script was written, but Platinum Dunes needs the green light from Warner Bros. to go ahead with the next movie. I hope they get it soon.

I still hope we get some good footage in the snow. That would be nice.

Was some of it going to be set in the snow? If so that's cool.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »

There was once upon a time a possability that there would be a scene in the snow, probably in the prolouge to the film. That was of course when the film was still considered to be in preproduction, before going into development hell.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »

Every time I check this thread I keep thinking theres going to be some news-but theres not....
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »

I think PD just wants to branch out and do other stuff. They probably won't wait too long to start this one up though.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »

There is no more news. The script has been written. Platinum Dunes is doing other projects and Warner has not green lit the film. It is officially in development hell. That is a shame because they really could capitolize on the new trend if it was infact going to be a 3D movie. I would love to see another 3D Friday the 13th.

Platinum Dunes are currently working on Monster Squad and The Birds as projects after A Nightmare on Elm Street. I guess Friday the 13th is on the back burner for a while. I kind of hope Twisted Pictures takes Friday the 13th away from Platinum Dunes, the same way they did The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I would love for Todd and Pat to make a 3D Friday the 13th for Twisted Pictures, the way they are supposedly going to make a Halloween for the Weinsteins.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »

That's weird that it's not getting a green light considering the remake made about $100 million worldwide. And to top it off it seems everyone likes the script.  Frank
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »

There is no more news. The script has been written. Platinum Dunes is doing other projects and Warner has not green lit the film. It is officially in development hell. That is a shame because they really could capitolize on the new trend if it was infact going to be a 3D movie. I would love to see another 3D Friday the 13th.

Platinum Dunes are currently working on Monster Squad and The Birds as projects after A Nightmare on Elm Street. I guess Friday the 13th is on the back burner for a while. I kind of hope Twisted Pictures takes Friday the 13th away from Platinum Dunes, the same way they did The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I would love for Todd and Pat to make a 3D Friday the 13th for Twisted Pictures, the way they are supposedly going to make a Halloween for the Weinsteins.

id kinda like it if they saved the 3d for the 3rd installment... 
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »

hey ... 3D or not .., i hope they just keep making these movies for us !

F13 remake was great IMO . those of us who grew up on these flicks , and now , a whole new generation of fans , want to see them keep going !!

LONG "LIVE" JASON VOORHEES , and FRIDAY the 13th ..........
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »

REALLY wish they would come out with the 13th installment of friday the 13th and stop re-telling the story that we already know with these rediculous remakes. Jason Pt. 5
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: