Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 22, 2017, 06:15:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Planning on smoking a little dope, having a little premarital sex, and getting slaughtered?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 57769 times)
Dead-Fu*k
Lifeguard

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »

Personaly I woulden't mind if every movie I watched for the rest of my life was in 3D. The only drag about them for me is home viewings of 3D movies always suck. They always shoot a bunch of scenes with stuff polking out at you, and while they work in the theater, at home they are rather pointless. The parts like that in pt.3 always sucked to me for that reason.

I saw pt. 3 in a theater a few years ago, and it was great.
MrVooRheeS
Lifeguard

He Returns 2010

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 02:54:06 PM »

I wonder when the next batch of news for this movie comes out.
Maybe some casting updates? But hopefully, more things on the storyline.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »

Personaly I woulden't mind if every movie I watched for the rest of my life was in 3D. The only drag about them for me is home viewings of 3D movies always suck. They always shoot a bunch of scenes with stuff polking out at you, and while they work in the theater, at home they are rather pointless. The parts like that in pt.3 always sucked to me for that reason.

I saw pt. 3 in a theater a few years ago, and it was great.

I read somewhere once - not sure if it was here or another forum - that creators of stuff like theater 3D were looking into releasing home BR systems for 3D. I heard that its very possible that the Blu-Ray systems could play them, so why not.

I think that would be awesome. And I agree, I'd love all movies to be 3D if you could watch them at home like that. It would be awesome. But you know, if that ever happens the entire system is gonna cost an arm and a leg LOL.
Dead-Fu*k
Lifeguard

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »

I read somewhere once - not sure if it was here or another forum - that creators of stuff like theater 3D were looking into releasing home BR systems for 3D. I heard that its very possible that the Blu-Ray systems could play them, so why not.

I think that would be awesome. And I agree, I'd love all movies to be 3D if you could watch them at home like that. It would be awesome. But you know, if that ever happens the entire system is gonna cost an arm and a leg LOL.
Sounds pretty rad. If it's anything like the electronics that have been comming out since the 80's, the first ones they make will be pretty expensive, and work really well. Then 15 years or so down the road we will get affordable ones that break just when the waranty runs out.
Jusus, the first VCR my family got worked forever. Same for our first microwave. The ones we have now are shit.

This post has SO much to do with Friday 2  Roll Eyes
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »

This post has SO much to do with Friday 2  Roll Eyes

Haha it happens!

Thats how cars work now too lol
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

Terrible idea. They're going to ruin these franchises with a 3D gimmick. Spend more time on creating a good story instead of this drivel. F13 remake was atrocious. I'd prefer another reboot instead of a sequel, 3D or no 3D.
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:57:20 PM »

I was sick of 3D when they first brought it back.
MrVooRheeS
Lifeguard

He Returns 2010

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »

Yeah, I'm really hoping for this movie to be story-driven, only because this is a big movie for the series, and all I can say is, I can't wait to see what they come up with.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »

Terrible idea. They're going to ruin these franchises with a 3D gimmick. Spend more time on creating a good story instead of this drivel. F13 remake was atrocious. I'd prefer another reboot instead of a sequel, 3D or no 3D.

As long as the storyline is good, I don't see why all movies shouldn't be 3D. I love it. I've only seen My Bloody Valentine in 3D in the theater, but right after, my husband and I both said "all movies should be in 3D"
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »

Nothing to do with Part 2 ... because of the rise in home entertainment systems theaters are looking at 3D to solve their problems.  Cameron started this push in the 90s when people started ripping films from the internet.  By the way, he was laughed at when he first tried to sell theater owners on this, now they are begging him to continue popularizing it.  LOL

I'm not holding out hope that Part 2 will be story driven or even good, this is about making a buck off of a named franchise.  I can live with it, don't like it, but I can live with it.  
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »

As long as the storyline is good, I don't see why all movies shouldn't be 3D. I love it. I've only seen My Bloody Valentine in 3D in the theater, but right after, my husband and I both said "all movies should be in 3D"
Because 3D is a gimmick. It is sold as a gimmick. It is bought as a gimmick. When films use it, they concentrate more on it than they do the actual story. I would rather a film maker tell me a good, serious F13 story than a shitty one that shows Jason shooting an arrow in 3D.

Can 3D eventually become a relevant part of storytelling? Sure. However, it's not going to happen with these various horror franchises. We're gonna get 80-90 minutes of tripe with a couple scenes of 3D as a selling point to get all the 14 year old kids to buy a ticket opening weekend.

That's not my idea of good horror.
MrVooRheeS
Lifeguard

He Returns 2010

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »

I would like to see a longer Friday the 13th movie, not so long as in like 3 hours, but maybe along those lines.
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

I'd like to see it go at least 2 hours.
MrVooRheeS
Lifeguard

He Returns 2010

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »

Thats a decent time. I'd agree, 2 hours is good.
Jason Forever
Resurrected
Counselor

Like Jason I have returned...

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »

2 hours is kind of long for a horror flick tho, if it takes that long to wrap it up it probably means there will be to many parts where the movie drags. I guess it really depends on how they fill that time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: