Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 11, 2017, 10:02:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Dan, we need wood!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 (2012?)  (Read 59443 times)
voorhees55
New Blood

« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

happy friday the 13th  Jason Pt. 3 Jason Pt. 4 Jason Pt. 5 Jason Pt. 6 Jason Pt. 7 Jason Pt. 7 Unmasked Jason Pt. 9 Jason X Jason X Freddy Vs Jason
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »

ive heard rumors.. but honestly if they put some depth into the story/characters... id totally be down for it.. not have the super shallow/superficial characters who id rather see killed off..but characters who could be taken seriously.. people we care for and DONT wanna see killed.. to me caring about the cast adds alot of depth to the movie and i enjoy it way more... not that i dont like the one or 2 asshole characters who belong in these flicks.. but when everyones an asshole.. theres no element of fear for me.. becuase if i want them to die.. then i get phsyced when i see JV appear.. rather than screaming "NO!" when i see him about to kill off someone i like...
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »

I wouldn't look for too much character development.  It's all about the hunt and kill!!!!
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

ive heard rumors.. but honestly if they put some depth into the story/characters... id totally be down for it.. not have the super shallow/superficial characters who id rather see killed off..but characters who could be taken seriously.. people we care for and DONT wanna see killed.. to me caring about the cast adds alot of depth to the movie and i enjoy it way more... not that i dont like the one or 2 asshole characters who belong in these flicks.. but when everyones an asshole.. theres no element of fear for me.. becuase if i want them to die.. then i get phsyced when i see JV appear.. rather than screaming "NO!" when i see him about to kill off someone i like...

The other night in chat,a memeber said her father was part of audio,music and was working on a new friday.I would like it to be true but nowadays you would never be able to keep something like that underwraps.
James M
Victim

« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »

Just someone looking for attention, it happens all the time. Like every year when the new WWE game is being hyped up, some kid will start claiming they have inside info from THQ, etc.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »

I wouldn't look for too much character development.  It's all about the hunt and kill!!!!

but thats why the films got weaker as they went on... they didnt spend enough time on charachter development and have us connect and feel for em...besides clay and his sister.. and briefly with trent and his gf..the rest of the characters were just filler.. im a stickler for connecting with who im about to watch get killed lol
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »

but thats why the films got weaker as they went on... they didnt spend enough time on charachter development and have us connect and feel for em...besides clay and his sister.. and briefly with trent and his gf..the rest of the characters were just filler.. im a stickler for connecting with who im about to watch get killed lol
Even the original had very little character development.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »

Even the original had very little character development.

i 100% disagree.. we get some backstory on alice, jack, marcy.. pamela.. steve... and not to mention JV...
8Jsandwich
Counselor

I'm in the mood for a Jarvis Sandwich

« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

what about Ralph?
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #339 on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »

what about Ralph?

what about bob? lol

but yeah there was some light shed on his character as well..
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »

i 100% disagree.. we get some backstory on alice, jack, marcy.. pamela.. steve... and not to mention JV...
But not a whole lot.  The  idea isn't so we care about these characters.  They're just there to be killed off!!!!
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »

But not a whole lot.  The  idea isn't so we care about these characters.  They're just there to be killed off!!!!

maybe for some people.. but i like some character developmennt.. and feel that parts 1-4 do a good job of pulling us into the story  and from 5 on they kinda started to go off in different directions.. yeah they keep the legend consistant.. but the plots get weaker..
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »

maybe for some people.. but i like some character developmennt.. and feel that parts 1-4 do a good job of pulling us into the story  and from 5 on they kinda started to go off in different directions.. yeah they keep the legend consistant.. but the plots get weaker..
That's why we need continuity.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »

That's why we need continuity.

i agree...
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

Only a very minimum amount of character development is required to make a good Friday the 13th movie.  The first few movies may have had more than the later sequels, but, story-wise, they're still pretty basic.  The characters aren't necessarily a draw for this series. 

That said, it is true that when you have absolutely terrible characters (Jason X), the film isn't helped any.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: