Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 04:07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Don't let her get away Mommy! Don't let her live!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 55035 times)
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »

i went at 9:30 in the morning to reserve a ticket... and when i got there for the show.. it was just about empty... but when i left... it was a friggin zoo!! line out the door.. lobby packed.... glad i went when i did.. got a great seat to watch a mediocre film..  Smiley
nitemarechild
New Blood

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »

pure trash. a real shame.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »

There were things about the film I wished they would have done. I wish Mrs. Voorhees was not only portrayed better but had more screen time. I wish we would have had a proper unmasking climactic scene. I wish we had Harry Manfredini music.

You know what though, the new film was still a very enjoyable film. Despite some of those above listed things, it was still exiting and had many homages to the early films in the series. When we get Jason in space, people complain that they want him back in the woods. When we get Jason back in the woods, people complain about that. Some people just can't be pleased. Was the new film as good as the first four? Are ANY of the films from 5-up as good as the first four? Hell no, but I will say that the new film was definitely the best one we've had since the 80s.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2009, 08:13:08 AM »

hmmm..... id have to agree..... the remake... is better than the previous Newline films.....
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »

There were things about the film I wished they would have done. I wish Mrs. Voorhees was not only portrayed better but had more screen time. I wish we would have had a proper unmasking climactic scene. I wish we had Harry Manfredini music.

You know what though, the new film was still a very enjoyable film. Despite some of those above listed things, it was still exiting and had many homages to the early films in the series. When we get Jason in space, people complain that they want him back in the woods. When we get Jason back in the woods, people complain about that. Some people just can't be pleased. Was the new film as good as the first four? Are ANY of the films from 5-up as good as the first four? Hell no, but I will say that the new film was definitely the best one we've had since the 80s.

Thats how I feel,you'd think people would be happy at the fact that they got to see jason again.instead they complain about how its not as good as 1-4.

Now look back at 1-4,and realize these are B slasher movies .Acorse we love them for what they are but just remember none of these movies are on the -101 movies to see before you die List.

Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2009, 02:52:27 PM »

Who's 101 movies to see before you die list? I think that everyone should see Friday the 13th (1980), Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984), and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1987) while they are still alive. Those are not my three favorites in the series, don't get me wrong (though they are three OF MY FAVORITES) but I think those three films probably represent the series the best. I think the original gives you the story and atmosphere of the franchise. Then The Final Chapter gives you the most agressive human version of Jason with iconic mask and great music and Tom Savini effects. Then Jason Lives gives you the feel of the films that follow that go into a more enterteining/fun and less scary place.

The 2009 film was very exploitative with the nudity (that as a straight guy, I can't complain about) and did not have any POV or Manfredini music, but it did have an extremely bad ass Jason with ruthless kills and the Crystal Lake setting.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »

I think roger ebert ...just a list of some really good movies.But I think you get what im saying though...
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:23 AM »

You know what? Roger Ebert who, along with Gene Siskel, had a campaign to try to get Paramount to stop making Friday the 13th films in the 80s (though Paramount never actually made any of them) actually had semi-kind words for the new film. He stated that it was the best Friday the 13th film anyone can hope for and that it was scary and the kills were brutal. That is definitely a 180 from Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter being immoral trash. I guess old Roggie it getting soft in his old age.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »

You know what? Roger Ebert who, along with Gene Siskel, had a campaign to try to get Paramount to stop making Friday the 13th films in the 80s (though Paramount never actually made any of them) actually had semi-kind words for the new film. He stated that it was the best Friday the 13th film anyone can hope for and that it was scary and the kills were brutal. That is definitely a 180 from Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter being immoral trash. I guess old Roggie it getting soft in his old age.

If I knew What i'd whoop his ass!Roger Ebert who,the guy is famous for watching movies?I think he could point out a few good ones-And the fact he said better things for the remake could say a few things.

1.Hes seen worse movies since viewing the first few Fridays,and understands that they are not that bad after all

2.Maybe the changes in the remake,which a lot of people didnt like,where a good change to him?

3.Hes getting old and movies suck nowadays...
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »

Isn't Ebert dead?
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »

Isn't Ebert dead?

No I think his original partner is though.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2009, 03:15:28 PM »

Yeah I remember that guy dying, for some reason I thought Ebert died like two years ago or something...I remember him doing the review for Jason X but thats about it haha
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2009, 01:46:04 AM »

No. Gene Siskel died years ago. Roger Ebert is very much alive and well. He reviewed Friday the 13th (2009) and had border-line nice things to say about it.

I don't care if Gene Siskel is dead or not. I'm not the type to kiss someone's ass just because they are dead. He was a total shit ass hole. He tried to get Paramount to stop releasing Friday the 13th films. Yeah, right! Despite how the studio itself felt about the films during that time, the films were making millions every year. They weren't going to just stop making money. Then he had the audacity to actually give away Betsy Palmer's personal information and tell people to write to her. That is just damn dangerous.

I'm sorry that the guy's dead, but he's still an ass.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »

after watching again ... clay said he took off when he was 17....and also never showed for a meeting they had arranged...why would he give a shit if his sister went missing... for all he knew.. she could have taken off.. just like he did....i can see how maybe the death of their mom maybe sparked something in him ... but other than that...  oh.... and i love trent more and more with every viewing... love his sarcasm....still think the ending is a dream sequenced like in pt2(could be wrong) but looks that way to me....

also... notice that just about every death was either through the chest or a head kill... you think they'd change it up a lil bit .....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:03:09 PM by jimmyd » Logged
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »

I Really Didnt Like TRENT. lol i cheered when he died and so did a couple others did in the theater. i still wish we got a full on good lenghted chase scene just like the other movies but im fine with the chases we got. (not a chase with trent though.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:38:08 AM by Fridayfanfan13 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: