Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 05:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Well, at least we know what's for dinner"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56310 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »

what i actually find funny are some people who hate this one loved the TCM remake which was the worst of the two lol

No, so wrong. I love the TCM remake...it had great characters, they were almost all likeable. The Friday redo had useless characters that for the most part weren't likable...thats one reason at least.

I'd have to see it again to judge it on more stuff cause its been over a month now since i've seen it the ONE time...compared to TCM which I've seen quite a few times.
The_Empress
Camp Cook

« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

I'm joining the discussion a little late but I liked this movie overall. Sure it can't touch the original but I think they did a good job of it. I especially liked the reinvention of Jason - he's smarter, faster, he learned to use a bow and arrow and just for a fraction of a second I thought he learned how to drive. (Thank god that wasn't the case though lol)

Some great kills Ė particularly the sleeping bag over the fire.

Mears did an excellent job of playing Jason - with every shot of his eyes (er, eye) you could tell what Jason was thinking. I also liked how they showed vague shots of Jason's face and let the audience fill in with their own imaginations.

What I didnít like: the other characters were much too one dimensional.  Iíve come to expect terrible acting and cheesy lines, but would it kill them to write one character that wasnít the stereotypical teenage slut or jock?  I would like to have one character that I could actually feel sorry for.

And with the red head being trapped underground, I could believe that Jason was so fixated on his mother that heíd chain a girl who looked like her in his liar, but if she was down there for that long, she should have showed signs of mistreatment/neglect and malnourishment.

But the absolute best part of the movie for me was: it didn't take place in space!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:24:44 PM by The_Empress » Logged
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2009, 11:54:11 PM »

No, so wrong. I love the TCM remake...it had great characters, they were almost all likeable. The Friday redo had useless characters that for the most part weren't likable...thats one reason at least.

I'd have to see it again to judge it on more stuff cause its been over a month now since i've seen it the ONE time...compared to TCM which I've seen quite a few times.

I agree with you on the Tcm characters.The only person to me that wasnt likeable in Friday remake was Trent,and he was such a brick it was almost funny.

But I get what your saying because theres really no depth in the characters what so ever,even with the brother and sister duo,she was down in the tunnels most of the movie.So you didnt get to know her.

With jason keeping her hostage really didnt bother me-It showed a more human side.....Think about It...If your mom was the closest thing to you..and she died and you've been basically in the woods alone for years and someone who resembles your mom comes along would you just kill her?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:00:48 AM by Killer-C » Logged
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »

I agree with you on the Tcm characters.The only person to me that wasnt likeable in Friday remake was Trent,and he was such a brick it was almost funny.

But I get what your saying because theres really no depth in the characters what so ever,even with the brother and sister duo,she was down in the tunnels most of the movie.So you didnt get to know her.

Right, you don't get to know them enough to like them. The first bunch of "kids" were funny, so you started to get to like them. Some of the characters later on barely had screen time, other then to be killed.

I think another thing that ruined it for me was being at the theater watching it. The people were all laughing at EVERYTHING. It just ruined it. Its was like watching a movie with someone who makes fun of EVERYTHING you like...you know? lol.

Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2009, 01:15:16 PM »

Right, you don't get to know them enough to like them. The first bunch of "kids" were funny, so you started to get to like them. Some of the characters later on barely had screen time, other then to be killed.

I think another thing that ruined it for me was being at the theater watching it. The people were all laughing at EVERYTHING. It just ruined it. Its was like watching a movie with someone who makes fun of EVERYTHING you like...you know? lol.

Yeah that would be annoying,I went opening day and there was like 12 people total in the theatre.But there was that one lady that would clap after everything-
xjediskywalkerx
Camper

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2009, 01:22:18 AM »

anyone know when the dvd is suppose to come out?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2009, 09:56:46 AM »

anyone know when the dvd is suppose to come out?

Sometime in June I believe. No set date yet.
Quorthon
Camp Cook

Jason Lives!

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2009, 07:16:32 PM »

That's true about the TCM characters being more likeable. But the main reason for that i think is that there were only five people or something in that movie as the main characters and we get the time too get to know them all pretty good.

Also i noticed a scene in the F13th remake that is a little like a scene in the TCM remake. When Jason impales Trent on the back of the car and it drives away you see him standing on the road and watching the car drive away. That scene is a little like one of the last scenes in the TCM remake when Leatherface comes out of nowhere and attacks the car with the girl that manages to escape with his chainsaw. After that he also stands there on the road watching as the car drives away.

And i noticed something about the driver in the car in the F13th remake. It kinda looks like the guy with no legs in the wheelchair in the TCM remake.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:25:30 PM by Quorthon » Logged
sir xaVier
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »

All remakes are pretty much stupid. I did like the TCM first one. Cheesy but the f13 one was just blah idkkkk pardon my language. FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL Smiley
MichaelMyers1978
Counselor

Death Star

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2009, 07:54:51 AM »

All remakes are pretty much stupid. I did like the TCM first one. Cheesy but the f13 one was just blah idkkkk pardon my language. FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL Smiley

Lol.

good to see someone else who has good taste.
sir xaVier
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »

Lol.

good to see someone else who has good taste.

lmaoooo
jason voorhees freak
New Blood

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg173/natw

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »

i loved  it. i cant wait till it comes out.hopefully it comes out as fast as twilight did
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »

How can a movie be a homosexual?
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »

i loved  it. i cant wait till it comes out.hopefully it comes out as fast as twilight did

Pretty sure sometime in June
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »

I liked it alot. We had high drama at the theater though...more than once some security guy came out and yelled at us. People weren't even really loud, so I dunno. Also, it was PACKED, as in they told us to move over to make room, not a single empty seat. So I was a touch uncomfortable. But I enjoyed it, it exceeded my expectations for sure. I give it a 9 out of 10. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: