Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 03:35:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I told the others, they didn't believe me!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56376 times)
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:24 PM »

These are really side notes ... but I thought the original Friday the 13th and Part 2 did a better job of giving you a feel for the town.

For one, you actually saw a town and meet many (red herrings) of the townsfolk along the way in the original.  In the remake you only met a few members of the town, mainly distant offshoot type characters and it didn't give you a good sense of the community.  In the original there was a secret that had to be hidden, in the remake they were not as successful in getting that across ...
Spoiler (hover to show)

... and for all the talk of compressing the first 3 films into one and giving us a better story I thought they also failed.  I didn't need to see the same characters or story structure, but I did want to see further details.  We didn't exactly get that, like the person I saw the film with said
Spoiler (hover to show)

I hate to criticize the film so much when I enjoyed it, but I just can't say it was perfect or what I expected (considering the amount of time and money that went into this). 

Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »

I had low expectations going into the movie,even through all the hype and excitement going on.So in my mind, I think it could have been a lot worse-like to much back story or changing the character drasticly.The change in music/tones I liked,actually having songs in the movie-yeah I liked rap-I think the music from 1-4 is to outdated.

I like this much more than that crapshit remake of Halloween..
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

I agree that it felt more like a sequel than a remake. I'll say it again> Best one since 1988.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »

No, I think it felt like it was a remake/reboot because it showed Jason witinessing his mother get beheaded, and just fast forwarded a bit. So therefore it is a remake/reboot.

Well, it shows flashbacks through all the movies of all sorts. So just because of that scene doesn't make it a remake without a doubt lol. I pretty much agree with what stain said.

But yea, I think it could have been much much much worse.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »

IMO it was a remake, they tried to be clever about it however by taking aspects from the first three films and incorporating that into one. I just don't feel this was executed properly and the whole ambiance of the film was lacking in every aspect. Firstly, this definitely didn't feel like a sequel to me. Secondly, Aside from the terribly done opening scene it really didn't have much else in common with the original versions. Third, the whole way about him coming to wear the hockey mask was totally lame and uninspired; it was done much much better in the original Part 3.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking anyone for liking this movie but let's be real here, just because it had Jason in it doesn't make it great. I mean I love Jason as much as other fans but he alone doesn't make the movie, the characters and the settings play a huge role as well and this is where the problem lie for me. Hmm, me thinks they are trying to create a new series based on this remake instead of the originals. Why make a sequel to this boring film when the original series is already well established?
Killer X
Lifeguard

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

I dont know , I really liked the remake. yeah it did feel to much like a TCM , they should of gotten a different Director, but still the movie was good.some parts I didnt like and some parts I loved.but I think what getting everyone to hate this flick is thier looking at it as it was a Jason movie,it wasnt.Since VIII the seris has been , well kinnda corny.JGTH body snacthing,Jason X Space Bullshit,Freddy Vs. Jason Might as well have been Bride of Jason with Ronny yus stupid input into the seris.This was a Friday the 13th and you have to look at it like its a Friday movie , not a Jason. I feel they could have had some better things in the new one.I would have got rid of the writers and the director on this new one and started fresh, a whole new look and feel. not something we've seen before.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:59 AM »

Of course it could have been much better. But at least (IMO) it was a lot better then JGTH, Jason X, and FvsJ.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »

why did JV kill the hillbilly redneck?.. simple.. he stole his crop  Tongue... at least he got a toke before he went out of some "killer" shit...
Undertaker
Counselor

Lets Go Voltron Force

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »

I thought this was a great film, yes it had its really cheesy moments but it brought a fresh breath to a series that has become stale and old. Jason was as brutal as anyone and yes even better that the Hodder films. The story was pretty well written and the characters were not that bad. I thought the film delivered

Third, the whole way about him coming to wear the hockey mask was totally lame and uninspired; it was done much much better in the original Part 3.

This is where i need to disagree with you , part 3 was an off screen kill nothing is less inspiring than that no creative death not even a scream.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »

This is where i need to disagree with you , part 3 was an off screen kill nothing is less inspiring than that no creative death not even a scream.

I don't see what one had to do with the other to be honest. My point was that the whole aspect of Jason acquiring the hockey mask in Part 3 was way better done than in the reboot. First of all it had a purpose for being there, Shelly was a jokster so he brought it with him in his bag of props to scare the others (this was established early on in the film). Shelly uses the mask in a prank to scare Vera, it obviously doesn't go as planned and he walks off disappointed. He hears something in the barn and goes investigating, the rest I'm sure you know. The point I'm trying to make is that it was handled better here whereas in the remake the mask seemed to conveniently already be in place for him to find it which the entire sequence just felt like no thought went into it really.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »

I think it was cool that he actually got to choose between his old sack and the newly found mask-and the fact he looked in the mirror to check it out showed the more human side.

I think part 3 was too set up-and him putting on the mask for the first time wasnt a big deal back then because nobody knew how famous it would be.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2009, 11:27:28 PM »

I think it was cool that he actually got to choose between his old sack and the newly found mask-and the fact he looked in the mirror to check it out showed the more human side.

I think part 3 was too set up-and him putting on the mask for the first time wasnt a big deal back then because nobody knew how famous it would be.

True, but it was a sign that you knew Shelly was dead. So later when you see that Shelly is still alive and dying, it had more power to it...at least I think so.

When you see Jason walk out wearing that mask in Pt. 3 its creepy 1) for the way he looks and 2) you know he got it from Shelly....

But I agree, him just finding it on the ground was sorta crappy, but expected...I figured that the moment I saw that room filled with junk
Undertaker
Counselor

Lets Go Voltron Force

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2009, 03:32:24 PM »

Again i cant agree that the way Jason got the mask in part 3 is any better than the way he got it in the new movie. To me an off screen kill and having him walk out with the mask is nothing special. Now if there was a creative death that was on screen than maybe
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »

i thought the way he got the mask was good but not great i think the way he got the mask in this one is equally with how he did in the 3rd

also  i dont think of this movie as a remake i think of it as a sequel lol think about they just wanted to do a flash back on the mom and jason lost his mask and went back to the sack and then found a new one!!! Smiley
Undertaker
Counselor

Lets Go Voltron Force

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »

what i actually find funny are some people who hate this one loved the TCM remake which was the worst of the two lol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: