Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 11:59:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I told the others, they didn't believe me!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56273 times)
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »

Wow pure trash! Had to walk out... I gave it a hour but just couldn't take it...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Best review in this thread..  Grin

I actually bit the bullet and went to see this (got in half-off) and wow, what a terrible film. I don't know, I love the Friday The 13th series but just couldn't stomach this one. It was a bit over-the-top for me personally. I could go through the list but everything I disliked about it has already been posted already. I will say however the one thing I was the most disappointed in was the beginning. The intro was just done awfully wrong, that actress who portrayed Pamela blew chunks. I really wish she would of had a bigger role in the film instead of just her beheading, I really wish we would've got to see her kill again. I also thought the soundtrack was horrible, I was hoping we'd have more of the original Manfredini score as opposed to the crap in the film. Overall it just fell flat on just about every level, out of 5 I give it a mere 2 but even that is being generous. Oh and btw Mears' Jason was actually one of the few things I liked, although I didn't care for the running but I can overlook that because afterall Jason WAS human at this point in the timeline. I still think Hodder is better but Mears would be second on my list.
MrVooRheeS
Lifeguard

He Returns 2010

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:45 PM »

I give this movie: 8/10

Better than most horror movies now...

This movie deserves a sequel, and I'm happy it is getting one.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

I finally saw the film last night and I'm torn ... I'll explain.

It's not the worst F13 film ever, in fact I did enjoy it more than I imagined, but I do have some problems with it and the fact that it's called a remake when it could have easily been the 11th installment with one minor edit or change. 

I loved the beginning, the first 20 minutes are very good and sets a nice tone.  Maybe I'm just happy it wasn't set in space.   Grin   The rest of the film is okay but all in all I was happy but disappointed with the ending.

Remake vs Part 11:

Why did they call this a remake?  I suspect it had more to do with marketing than story, for all intents and purposes this film played out like a sequel rather than a straight forward remake.  I assume the studio felt they couldn't sell a Part 11, but since remakes are all the rage it was easier to sell to new fans (knowing us die hards would see anything with Friday the 13th in the title).  The series has always had minor adjustments, problems with the time frame, and this could have been called part 11 had they
Spoiler (hover to show)

My problem (spoliers) with the ending:

Spoiler (hover to show)

All in all the film is good fun but I really didn't see the need to make it a "remake", I'd even go as far as to say that they failed in what they tried to accomplish by remaking this film/series.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »

I'm going to ask this question flat out - WHAT THE FUCK was the point of that subplot where Jason holds the girl hostage? If there's one thing that dragged the movie down, that was it. Sorry folks, Jason doesn't hold people hostage, he kills them on the spot, no questions asked. Even worse, they provided ZERO FUCKING EXPLANATION for it. As a Friday fan, that subplot pissed me off because the character of Jason doesn't do that. He just doesn't. If Kane Hodder were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave at that character development.

SPOILERS

I'm glad this was brought up because I didn't mind the hostage thing but it's unacceptable that they didn't explain why Jason would hold someone hostage.  It's a remake which means they were going to make changes supposedly for the better but by not giving a reason for the hostage thing it ruins the "new premise". 

Kat also brought up the rope and bells, in the tunnels, and it bothered me as well.  The tunnels were clearly a way for them to explain how Jason could get around without being seen and how Jason could sneak up on unsuspecting victims.  All of that is fine, but once again it was unnecessary without a little more back story or explanation.

The funny part of all of this is that normally when a horror film is remade they go to unbelievable lengths to over explain things that don't need it, yet in this remake they did just the opposite.  Also, Bay has fallen in love with these tunnels.  For Texas Chainsaw it makes sense, in the first Part 2 when the family lives at the abandoned amusement park they had tunnels so putting tunnels in the Texas remake had value ... here, in the Friday remake, it felt forced.

Oh well.  I suspected much worse so I ended up enjoying it.  The film has made a lot of money but I doubt it will hold up over the next few weeks because most of the people in the theater were not paying attention, laughing at the wrong times, and didn't seem to be scared or frightened.  That is why I feel like Bay failed with his Friday remake.  In trying to do something new and different he ended up making a good Part 11 but horrible remake.  LOL
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

"I love someone I can never have..."

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »

SPOILERS

I'm glad this was brought up because I didn't mind the hostage thing but it's unacceptable that they didn't explain why Jason would hold someone hostage.  It's a remake which means they were going to make changes supposedly for the better but by not giving a reason for the hostage thing it ruins the "new premise". 

Kat also brought up the rope and bells, in the tunnels, and it bothered me as well.  The tunnels were clearly a way for them to explain how Jason could get around without being seen and how Jason could sneak up on unsuspecting victims.  All of that is fine, but once again it was unnecessary without a little more back story or explanation.

The funny part of all of this is that normally when a horror film is remade they go to unbelievable lengths to over explain things that don't need it, yet in this remake they did just the opposite.  Also, Bay has fallen in love with these tunnels.  For Texas Chainsaw it makes sense, in the first Part 2 when the family lives at the abandoned amusement park they had tunnels so putting tunnels in the Texas remake had value ... here, in the Friday remake, it felt forced.

Oh well.  I suspected much worse so I ended up enjoying it.  The film has made a lot of money but I doubt it will hold up over the next few weeks because most of the people in the theater were not paying attention, laughing at the wrong times, and didn't seem to be scared or frightened.  That is why I feel like Bay failed with his Friday remake.  In trying to do something new and different he ended up making a good Part 11 but horrible remake.  LOL

I liked the flim, and because of that they didn't make Jason seem like such a mindless serial killer, oh and I liked the bow and arrow kill.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »

I liked the flim, and because of that they didn't make Jason seem like such a mindless serial killer, oh and I liked the bow and arrow kill.

Nice avatar
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »

I'm glad this was brought up because I didn't mind the hostage thing but it's unacceptable that they didn't explain why Jason would hold someone hostage. 

Yeah, it was only like a minute in the beginning, but Whitney's boyfriend says "You look like her" in the photo. At that moment, I whispered to who I was with and said "Oh geeze, they are going to rip off RZ's Halloween, and have Jason kidnap this girl, because she looks like mommy"

The film has made a lot of money but I doubt it will hold up over the next few weeks because most of the people in the theater were not paying attention, laughing at the wrong times, and didn't seem to be scared or frightened. 

I noticed the same thing, it seemed like EVERYONE was laughing a LOT, at parts that just weren't supposed to be funny. People laughed hard at most of the deaths...it was pretty weird.

oh and I liked the bow and arrow kill.

That wasn't a bad kill actually, a little far fetched perhaps. But it makes sense since Jason is a hunter...I mean, he had to hunt to survive all that time out there in the woods. Makes sense that he'd be good at it.
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »

Yeah, it was only like a minute in the beginning, but Whitney's boyfriend says "You look like her" in the photo. At that moment, I whispered to who I was with and said "Oh geeze, they are going to rip off RZ's Halloween, and have Jason kidnap this girl, because she looks like mommy"

I noticed the same thing, it seemed like EVERYONE was laughing a LOT, at parts that just weren't supposed to be funny. People laughed hard at most of the deaths...it was pretty weird.

That wasn't a bad kill actually, a little far fetched perhaps. But it makes sense since Jason is a hunter...I mean, he had to hunt to survive all that time out there in the woods. Makes sense that he'd be good at it.

And I liked the part where it shows all of Jason's old bow and arrow trophies. I actually loved the movie, is that so wrong to anybody?
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »

And I liked the part where it shows all of Jason's old bow and arrow trophies. I actually loved the movie, is that so wrong to anybody?

Nothing wrong with it at all ... while I didn't love the movie I thought it was the best F13 film since the first 4. 

Spoiler (hover to show)
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

Nothing wrong with it at all ... while I didn't love the movie I thought it was the best F13 film since the first 4. 

Spoiler (hover to show)

I agree.
zombiekiller07
Camp Cook

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »

It's a remake which means they were going to make changes supposedly for the better but by not giving a reason for the hostage thing it ruins the "new premise".

He took her hostage because she looked like his mom...remember her boyfriend looks at the locket with Pamela and Jason in it and says "it looks like you".

but yea personally i thought this movie was pretty good..i mean it was pretty much the standard formula really
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

He took her hostage because she looked like his mom...remember her boyfriend looks at the locket with Pamela and Jason in it and says "it looks like you".

but yea personally i thought this movie was pretty good..i mean it was pretty much the standard formula really

Yes exactly, it's clear why Jason took her hostage. I thought it actually had good plot.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »

Yes exactly, it's clear why Jason took her hostage. I thought it actually had good plot.

I know its supposed to be a "new" Jason. But it still seems like a sequel, therefore I think I didn't like the hostage thing because it felt in many ways like the "old" Jason, and the "old" Jason wouldn't take anyone hostage.
Bloodee Jacob/Freddy V
Camp Cook

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »

I know its supposed to be a "new" Jason. But it still seems like a sequel, therefore I think I didn't like the hostage thing because it felt in many ways like the "old" Jason, and the "old" Jason wouldn't take anyone hostage.

No, I think it felt like it was a remake/reboot because it showed Jason witinessing his mother get beheaded, and just fast forwarded a bit. So therefore it is a remake/reboot.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »

No, I think it felt like it was a remake/reboot because it showed Jason witinessing his mother get beheaded, and just fast forwarded a bit. So therefore it is a remake/reboot.

Spoiler (hover to show)

For the sake of argument I get your point, but I feel this is only a remake/reboot in name only ... mainly for marketing reasons. 

Spoiler (hover to show)

By no means was I suggesting that Jason should have been only a mindless mass murder, but when you take an iconic figure and re-imagine him you should have some decent reasons for doing what you are doing.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: