Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 17, 2017, 03:12:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Warn your friends, warn everyone"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56399 times)
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »

I've been a fan of the series for 20 years and i thought it was great to see it being just Jason killing people,that's what he does,he's a not a demon-hopping demon and he's not a cyborg(JGTH,Jason X)he's just put into mention on a simple basic urge of vengeance and i feel this reboot put him back in that light.I do feel there wasn't enough gore and i also thought the soundtrack was lame but i did like Steve Jabowsky's score alittle.I still wish they would have brought back Harry Manfredini but you can't always get what you want.I thought it could have been done worse and i'm glad it wasn't.I really just hope when they give us another film they bring back more gore and a better soundtrack.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »

I thought it could have been done worse and i'm glad it wasn't.I really just hope when they give us another film they bring back more gore and a better soundtrack.

how bout a cast we can relate to?
reegan01
Lifeguard

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »

I just got back from seeing the movie. I am going to rate it an 8 out of 10. These are reasons why I gave it an 8.
Spoiler (hover to show)
Here is why I am not making it a 9 or 10.
Spoiler (hover to show)
That is my quick opinion of the film.

jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »

you got a good pont reegan.... i HATED the rich snobby kids... well i guess cause we were supposed to hate them....soo.. a job well done i guess......

Spoiler (hover to show)
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 03:38:51 PM »

I also agree with everyone on this as well i just haven't mentioned it.I really didn't like the Ms.Vorhees angle,i think thought should have been done better,it was well thought out and i feel like it was too rushed dialogue-wise.I also think Jason won't have stooped to taking a hostage,he would have just killed her in the older films.I did like Whitney's charecter the most out of all of them though.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »

I actually thought this movie was pretty well done,for a friday flick.The only person the bugged me was the trent rich kid,and his asshole-ness.I dont know,I guess I liked the different things they did-the hunting style jason has is killer -the score I actually liked-I always thought that fridays had a weak score,comparing to Halloween and phantasm-my two favs- harry manfredinis score got old after 4 or 5 movies.I didnt expect great character depth,there going to die soon anyways..its a slasher movie.The things that werent to great were the begining and the ending-both very weak!The gore wasnt to bad IMO,I think some movies go crazy and use to much,making it cheesy.
Overall Id say 8.5/10
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:02:12 PM by Killer-C » Logged
tigertim38
Camp Cook

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »

I just got back from seeing Friday the 13th at a matinee and I had a good time. But I didn't waste my movie cash ticket. I'll use that later in the week. Jason Pt. 3
tigertim38
Camp Cook

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

What's your favorite kill in the new Friday the 13th?
SHORTY
Lifeguard

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

I thought the movie was above average. I was expecting more gore but can't complain too much there. Early on the film had that traditional F13 feel but as it progressed that feeling faded. Mears played an excellent part but it just wasn't Jason. Not just because of the way the part was written but his body language wasn't up to par with what I enjoyed from Kane, CJ, Ted White, or Richard Brooker. Plus the whole Jason as a hunter thing didn't sit well with me. If this were a film that was supposed to be similar to F13 but with a different character name, mask, and references to the earlier films, it would have been great. But the fact that I as well as other die hards are so used to the older films it was hard to accept it 100%. I really tried to put all that aside going in to this but just couldn't.
MichaelMyers1978
Counselor

Death Star

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »

I'll give it 4 weeks before you all start hating this film.

Many people liked Freddy Vs Jason when it came out ( well i think they did ) and look at it now!

Some hardcore Michael/Halloween fans LOVED the remake , now its just MEH !

Smiley
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 07:41:42 PM »

i love all the halloween films and friday the 13th/jason movies
ALL im glad this is making alot of money! SEQUEL BABY!!   Jason Pt. 3 Jason Pt. 4
MichaelMyers1978
Counselor

Death Star

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »

i love all the halloween films and friday the 13th/jason movies
ALL im glad this is making alot of money! SEQUEL BABY!!   Jason Pt. 3 Jason Pt. 4

im a HUGE Halloween fan , but how can you 'love' Halloween 5 , Halloween 8 or even the remake , even I would admitt those films SUCKED HARD.
WinterMoon
Camp Cook

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »

I watched with amusement mostly. I couldn't help making fun of it. But that's just me.

Spoiler (hover to show)

24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »

im a HUGE Halloween fan , but how can you 'love' Halloween 5 , Halloween 8 or even the remake , even I would admitt those films SUCKED HARD.

no no no no no halloween resurrection is my favorite  (WELL IF I HAD TO CHOOSE) and halloween 5 is great  the one i love the least is halloween 3 not even because Michael isnt in it i just don't like it that much its good but not great  and the remake was so great i love it but my favorite parts are the laurie strode parts
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:14:45 PM by Fridayfanfan13 » Logged
Chewey
Camper

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:34 AM »

EXTREME FUCKING SPOILERS.XD

I saw this last night,it was actually pretty good.Had all the friday character templates(The "weird hero-boy",the "Final Girl who connects to Jason somehow",the "Comedy Relief"(W00T FOR CHEWEY,XD),the "Token cool black guy","The slut",the "less of a slut,but still a slut",the "Nice girl",the "Preppy dick",and the "Geek who trys to be cool",XD.I liked Chewey a lot,XD,man,gotta love those drunken pot-headed geeks,XD.I liked how they worked in those references to Part 2,I.E,the Whiteny/Ginnie=Mommy Voorhees scene,and the one where Jason grabs Clay through the window,XD.To the few people complaining about the bow and arrow,Jason's had worse(Weedwackers and spearguns?Realy?XD).Chewey(As i've already said),was just an awesome character,i could watch his scenes with Larwence 1000 times,when they died,it sucked.Jenna's death was a dissapointment,when it happened,i had already pictured her as a survivor,so,yeah,bummer,XD.I liked Wade from the beginning,and overall,liked the prologue group(Sleeping bag and beartrap couple,Wade,Whiteny,and mister Machete everywhere in his body,XD)I'm also proud to say i placed bets on this movie,and made 30 bucks,i lost nothing,XD.I felt kinda bad when that dude with the "F**K" shirt,died,he seemed cool,he was at least funny,because he was so damned nervous.Bree and Trent(Slut and Prep-Jock) should have been Double Impaled,XD,that would have kicked ass.The creepy manaquin-thumping,pot selling,wood chipping,hillbilly,made me laugh,his death was awesome,and i am SO glad Jason saw him hitting on the manaquin,just to add to all the issues jason has,"I saw a man getting busy with a manaquin" just makes it gold.

YEAAAAAAH,i talk too much,XD.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: