Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 12, 2017, 07:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "This voyage is doomed. . ."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56246 times)
Deathscythe
Counselor

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

I have some mixed feelings about this movie.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Still, much worse than that Halloween remake is not possible, and I was right. If I had to recommend either the Halloween remake, or this remake, I'd take this one.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »

I personally don't consider it a remake, could have totally been a sequel that fits in with the earlier movies. Say he lost his mask and went back to a sackish type of thing, then found another mask lol. But yea it had its ups and downs. I went in with low expectations, and tried to stay away from everything to do with the film.

Sadly, they used most of the good scenes in every trailer they had....and it didn't help that SO many people were LAUGHING during the entire movie...and talking away. Plus...like 10 people got up and left throughout it.

The opening was pretty cool too, except I don't think I really liked Mrs. Voorhees, and it almost sounded like she couldn't act...oh well...moving on...

What happened to the GORE? I thought this was going to be all gory and stuff? My Bloody Valentine was MUCH better in the gore department...I think that was the one thing I was very disappointed with.

The ending...I didn't see much of a problem with it, but there could have been more...and the line there:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Derek Mears played a good Jason. I really liked how fast he was. But I got too much of a vibe of him being a hunter...and I know we were supposed to get that vibe, but I'm not sure I cared much for it.

Now, what did I think was really lame? Well, I didn't get to know any of the characters or really care for them other then Clay...and...well see there is a bad sign that I cannot remember anyone's name...the black dude. I liked him a lot. The "asshole" character I couldn't stand lol.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Another MAJOR issue I had, was everything (the kills/chase scenes) were WAY too fast and shakey and close up that you could barely make anything out.

I'm sure I could pick it apart more if I saw it again LOL. But, I didn't find it scary, and I don't think anyone else did, other then one girl who screamed in the beginning lol.

But really, I didn't think it was that bad, some of the writing was bad, but I liked how some parts that were supposed to be funny WERE actually funny.

I really don't know what to rate this, but...first impression rating would probably be...hummm...

3.5/5?...but it will most likely change when I see it again.
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »

i give it 1,000 out of 5 Smiley it was old fashion jason back in acton  Jason Pt. 4
GuyOfOwnage
Camper

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »

Alright, the spoiler tag has been acting up on me, so I'm just going to post my opinion, spoilers and I. I'd suggest turning back if you haven't seen the movie.

I quite enjoyed it. Though I must say, I think that was the longest opening credits sequence for a Friday movie since Part 2...

The characters were classic Friday the 13th stereotypes, updated for the 21st century, and worked quite well.

I felt the re-enactment of Pamela's death was a bit weak, but because that wasn't the main focus of the movie, I'm not going to complain.

Some pretty original kills (sleeping bag over the camp fire, for example) for a Jason movie. I also loved some of the nods to the old films (the character throwing back the shower curtain before being killed, Jason breaking through the window and grabbing one character from behind).

I'm going to ask this question flat out - WHAT THE FUCK was the point of that subplot where Jason holds the girl hostage? If there's one thing that dragged the movie down, that was it. Sorry folks, Jason doesn't hold people hostage, he kills them on the spot, no questions asked. Even worse, they provided ZERO FUCKING EXPLANATION for it. As a Friday fan, that subplot pissed me off because the character of Jason doesn't do that. He just doesn't. If Kane Hodder were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave at that character development.

Overall though, it's leaps and bounds ahead of Halloween, which was the last remake I saw in theaters. Because the theater in my town decided not to play My Bloody Valentine, I haven't seen it, so I can't compare the two movies like some of you are.

Prognosis? Aside from that fucking ridiculous hostage subplot, I liked it.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »

Even worse, they provided ZERO FUCKING EXPLANATION for it. As a Friday fan, that subplot pissed me off because the character of Jason doesn't do that. He just doesn't.

I agree....but they do explain.

Its because she looked like his mother...so in a way, it makes sence, if you go with the Ginny/sweater thing in Pt. 2
F4T4LM4RQUIS
Camper

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »

felt like an old school Jason movie I enjoyed it a lot

Its because she looked like his mother...so in a way, it makes sence, if you go with the Ginny/sweater thing in Pt. 2

thanks for clearing that up I didn't understand him keepin her hostage either
cabbagestew
New Blood

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 01:54:24 AM »

Overall, I liked the reboot.  Here are some positives and negatives:

Positives
Spoiler (hover to show)

Negatives
Spoiler (hover to show)

Just my 2 cents. Smiley
GuyOfOwnage
Camper

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:50 AM »

If they did, I must've missed it, because I was incredibly confused from the moment it happened and onward.
Mr Boldman
Lifeguard

Carving a bloody path through the bowels of hell.

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 05:10:41 AM »

I knew that's why Jason kept Whitney. Didn't one character even say to Whitney (in the cabin) that she resembled the photo (of Pamela) in the pendant?
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »

I knew that's why Jason kept Whitney. Didn't one character even say to Whitney (in the cabin) that she resembled the photo (of Pamela) in the pendant?

Spoiler (hover to show)

other thoughts on film..SPOILERS!!

Spoiler (hover to show)

id have to say that this movie did exactly what it was intended to do...capture a new generation of "horror" fans that really have no knowledge or respect for the franchise.. or horror for that matter....thank you michael bay and marcus nipsel Angry
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:24:28 AM by jimmyd » Logged
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

I saw it three times last night..it was fucking amazing!!!I just wanted them to bring the simple,basic plot and atmosphere back and i believe they achived that with this film.What does everyone think about the prologue?I personally loved it and the ending was amazing,why is everyone shitting on the ending,it just proves Jason can't die and won't!!!How can that be bad??I'm awaiting part 2 with abaited breath and that's an understatment.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

I saw it three times last night..it was fucking amazing!!!I just wanted them to bring the simple,basic plot and atmosphere back and i believe they achived that with this film.What does everyone think about the prologue?I personally loved it and the ending was amazing,why is everyone shitting on the ending,it just proves Jason can't die and won't!!!How can that be bad??I'm awaiting part 2 with abaited breath and that's an understatment.

the ending wasnt bad.... just those stupid cheezy one-liners worked in the 80s..... but its not the 80s anymore.....simple basic plot... there really wasnt one... they didnt do much......exept smoke a little and play some beer pong.....they basicly just searched the whole time...didnt relate to majority of the characters(exept chewie, lawrence)they didnt capture the atmosphere they had back then becuase  people like michael bay and marcus nipsel who may think they're re-defining horror... are actually just dumbing it down....

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:28:31 PM by jimmyd » Logged
MrsV
Camp Cook

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »

Jimmy hit it very well! This movie is not for the diehards. If you are an average Friday fan, it would be great. Derek was awesome, minus the coat, but his portrayal was intense and done well. He actually got the scary side out in Jason which I hadn't felt since Ted White.
It was fun, with a few laughs, a few good kills, I liked the arrow and the sleeping bag.
MrsV was terrible and now I see why they kept it to a few brutal seconds...her delivery of the classic lines were just awful.
I did not like how he found the mask...too far fetched that it would just happen to be there of all places when he looked.
I also did not like the hostage part. If he really was confused about being his mother, why would he need to shackle her. LOL!

Again, I had fun seeing him on the big screen, but I sure was hoping for more for the fans who know their stuff.  Smiley
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 02:24:13 PM »

im seeing it again tomorrow
JTK69
New Blood

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 02:31:25 PM »

Good box office news so far:

FRIDAY ESTIMATES
1. NEW Friday the Thirteenth (Warner Bros) - $20M, $6,441 PTA, $20M

EARLY 4-DAY ESTIMATES
2. NEW Friday the Thirteenth (Warner Bros) - $51.25M, $16,506 PTA, $55.25M

http://boxofficemojo.com/forums/viewtopic.htm?t=75098&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: