Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 06:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Well, at least we know what's for dinner"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 56362 times)
Struckworld
Head Counselor

New York has a new problem...

« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »

I'm not sure if this is what he means...but...

In the original series there was the town, and it was very far from any of the towns people (in the first movie), then with the releases of the other movies there were summer/vacation homes around the lake.

In the remake everyone seems to live smack dab in the middle of the woods and know about Jason, but Jason obviously didn't care about them, because they all still lived there.

One could argue the fact that Jason didn't kill everyone on the lake, only teenagers, or only teenagers who were up to no good

I think what I meant was, the locals seemed like Rednecks, when people like The Jarvis family, seemed like normal americans, but in the woods.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #361 on: August 16, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »

I'm not sure if this is what he means...but...

In the original series there was the town, and it was very far from any of the towns people (in the first movie), then with the releases of the other movies there were summer/vacation homes around the lake.

In the remake everyone seems to live smack dab in the middle of the woods and know about Jason, but Jason obviously didn't care about them, because they all still lived there.

One could argue the fact that Jason didn't kill everyone on the lake, only teenagers, or only teenagers who were up to no good

I  don't know about this one. He did kill the guy in the barn before he found the hockey mask. It didn't seem to me that anyone else lived near the lake. Perhaps more people lived in town. I think the only person Jason "lets" live is the old lady, and I think she might possible be a realative. Think about it, someone had to teach Jason to use kerosine and put lights all over the place.
Stalker
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »

I  don't know about this one. He did kill the guy in the barn before he found the hockey mask. It didn't seem to me that anyone else lived near the lake. Perhaps more people lived in town. I think the only person Jason "lets" live is the old lady, and I think she might possible be a realative. Think about it, someone had to teach Jason to use kerosine and put lights all over the place.

This is where the remake needed to explain more about Jason.  What did Mommy Voorhees teach him?  They had a house and a bed(?) with his name on it.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

These movies aren't meant to heavy explaining. They are meant to be taken at face value. That is why WE, th fans, come up with our own theories.
Stalker
« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »

These movies aren't meant to heavy explaining. They are meant to be taken at face value. That is why WE, th fans, come up with our own theories.

Hence places like Camp Blood.
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »

it on MTV right now. so if you miss it and MTV will repeat later.
Pine Hurst
Camper

« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2011, 02:56:01 AM »

Watching this, I can't believe some of the stuff they've cut out. It's like watching an 80's tv edit.
Stalker
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

Watching this, I can't believe some of the stuff they've cut out. It's like watching an 80's tv edit.
Some people are thin skinned.  They get scared easily.
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »

yeah it called it TV version. i did watch it for short look a while.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »

Does the blu ray have extra features that the dvd doesnt?
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2011, 03:23:29 AM »

The Blu-ray has both the theatrical and killer cut on the same disc. It has a picture and picture commentary style extra feature and a featurette called Hacking Back/Slashing Foward. Then it has the two extras that the DVD has: Rebirth of Jason and deleted scenes.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:13 AM »

I gotta get me some BluRay releases lol. I only have Pt. 1 and FvsJ on BluRay
Stalker
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2011, 06:47:41 AM »

The Blu-ray has both the theatrical and killer cut on the same disc. It has a picture and picture commentary style extra feature and a featurette called Hacking Back/Slashing Foward. Then it has the two extras that the DVD has: Rebirth of Jason and deleted scenes.
I think I need to get Blu Ray.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Print  

Jump to: