Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 09:17:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Looks like we got us a maniac on the loose"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th (2009) Discussion  (Read 55066 times)
maSta prAylude
« Reply #315 on: October 28, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »

I liked the remake but I didn't like The kids knowing about jason outside of the house. So they stayed inside and cried like whiny little bitches. I like it when the kids were unsuspecting about jason, and he'd kill them off one by one without no one knowing until the last person.

Your post kind of reminds me of part 8. Before the cruise ship is almost done, half of the kids know about Jason. That he's on the boat, and has been killing, and yet Jason still picks them off one by one, easily...
part8blows*cough*

but yeah. I understand what you mean..
Struckworld
Head Counselor

New York has a new problem...

« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2010, 01:17:30 AM »

another I don't like is the rural feel to it, now I understand your in the woods and it's gonig to have rural people in it, but the remake felt like alabama or mississippi
SirMWK
Camp Cook

'Til death do us party right here on Crystal Lake.

« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »

another I don't like is the rural feel to it, now I understand your in the woods and it's gonig to have rural people in it, but the remake felt like alabama or mississippi

I don't get this. Do you prefer the URBAN setting of Manhattan or the aboard-a-spaceship setting in Jason X? The reboot had the feel of exactly what it was supposed to have: THE WOODS.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »

I don't get this. Do you prefer the URBAN setting of Manhattan or the aboard-a-spaceship setting in Jason X? The reboot had the feel of exactly what it was supposed to have: THE WOODS.

I'm not sure if this is what he means...but...

In the original series there was the town, and it was very far from any of the towns people (in the first movie), then with the releases of the other movies there were summer/vacation homes around the lake.

In the remake everyone seems to live smack dab in the middle of the woods and know about Jason, but Jason obviously didn't care about them, because they all still lived there.

One could argue the fact that Jason didn't kill everyone on the lake, only teenagers, or only teenagers who were up to no good
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:03 AM »

I just got done rewatching this movie and I got to say I loved the fact that they brought back the "Dream Sequence" for this film. I loved that jump at the end when Jason comes crashing back through the dock!
Shuttle
BANNED
Counselor

''WINNING!''

« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »

I think these Movies are good to be left alone, can any one tell me is it Worth It to Copy another's film For the money>?

Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

I'm not sure if this is what he means...but...

In the original series there was the town, and it was very far from any of the towns people (in the first movie), then with the releases of the other movies there were summer/vacation homes around the lake.

In the remake everyone seems to live smack dab in the middle of the woods and know about Jason, but Jason obviously didn't care about them, because they all still lived there.

One could argue the fact that Jason didn't kill everyone on the lake, only teenagers, or only teenagers who were up to no good

In the original series, folks in town knew about Jason because going by what Paul said around the campfire 'some folks have even claimed they've seen him". Jason didn't care about the people in town nor did he have any beef with them, it was the younger crowd who caused him to supposedly drown and killed his mother.
Twistedfool
Lifeguard

« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »

Ok I watched it again last night, and after a year of ignoring it, I looked at it diffrently, realized it wasn;t as bad as I thought when I saw it in theaters. Its flawed, the opening scene is kind of long, like 15 mins before the main titles show up. The kills happen really quick but then in the first 3 the deaths were quick and mostly involved sharp objects hitting victems heads. Dispite all of its flaws, it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Atleast they treated Jason with some respect
Pine Hurst
Camper

« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »

About the killer cut dvd: I notice the dvd still says "rated R". Usually, extended cuts on DVDs are losted as unrated. Plus, they put nudity in the mpaa description. That wasn't there in the theatrical description.

I wonder if they screened the killer cut for the mpaa? If so, it's kind of surprising it still got an R. Mainly because of the Bree/Trent sex scene. It's longer and more graphic than the original version. I heard they originally cut the scene down, because test audiences thought it was too much, lol. If this movie came out in late 80's, the mpaa would cut that scene down to 5 seconds at best.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:55 PM »

To me this flick flew by...it was over before we really got a chance to connect with most of the characters...
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:10 PM »

im watching this today in my copy. so i probably saw in 5 times  Grin
Struckworld
Head Counselor

New York has a new problem...

« Reply #326 on: May 14, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »

About the killer cut dvd: I notice the dvd still says "rated R". Usually, extended cuts on DVDs are losted as unrated. Plus, they put nudity in the mpaa description. That wasn't there in the theatrical description.

I wonder if they screened the killer cut for the mpaa? If so, it's kind of surprising it still got an R. Mainly because of the Bree/Trent sex scene. It's longer and more graphic than the original version. I heard they originally cut the scene down, because test audiences thought it was too much, lol. If this movie came out in late 80's, the mpaa would cut that scene down to 5 seconds at best.

To tell you the truth, the whole sex scene in the tent seemed the same in the theaters and the killer cut dvd. I saw movie censorship, but I still don't see differnce when I watch it.

Of course, seeing it in the theater was back in 2009. My memory is mostly blank from seeing it.
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #327 on: May 14, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=308799
Shuttle
BANNED
Counselor

''WINNING!''

« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:03 AM »

I honestly did not Care for this Film.
slasherfan
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »

I loved it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
  Print