Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 01:06:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Looks like we got us a maniac on the loose"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 48919 times)
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »

I though Kane was little boring in JasonX but i do not blame him i blame the damn writers who come up with this fucked up movie. Its a shame that this was his Last movie and I think one reason he was not in FVJ was because Jason X did not do good at all when it come out. it like make like 12 mil its whole run or something like that

According to 'Making Friday the 13' Jason X was thrown together to get Jason back on the screen, Cunningham allowed Jason X to jump to the future so that Jason vs Freddy could happen.  I always found that to be a lame excuse for poor writing and decisions in hindsight. 

Jason X is awful, I consider it the worst film in the series.  When you read the chapter dedicated to Jason X it's like reading about a train wreck, you can see it coming from a mile away.  They needlessly update Jason to impress people that wanted just plain old Jason, uberJason is the worst form of Jason in the series.  As you can tell I'm not a fan of this particular sequel and felt Cunningham made a huge mistake with this film.

Growing up I always thought it would be cool to see F13 reach a 13th film.  I still believe it would be great, but Jason X ruined that.  Now that the remake has come out, we will never "complete" the series.  LOL 
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »

yeah... it would have been nice to have a begiining and an "end" to the original series... they never could make up their damn mind!!.. first it was friday the 13th part 4: the final chapter.... then JGTH:the final friday..... now a reboot... if they plan on going past 13 films.... they are dumber than i thought... Smiley
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »

LOL Jimmy they could not make up their minds because us fans keep on wanting more but with the bad thing they did with jason X they really screw up the series
SalsburySteakJr
Camper

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »

Jason Pt. 7

My most hated gripe over part ten, besides the stupid space gimmick or any of the other loads of crappy writing/directing is the LOOK of Jason himself.

I know he has never quite looked the same from one to another, but ten goes miles and miles out of their way to ruin what is such an iconic looking baddie.

Firstly, the HAIR. He's been bald but for a strand or two since part 3, and now all of a sudden he's got some hideous frizzy patchwork haircut going which looks awful. Secondly, his mask is designed wrong, in some bizarre fashion I can't quite explain. It looks off.

THIRDLY, one of the greatest things about the mask was that you barely ever (if ever) got a look at his eyes, and if so, barely. In this one, you get a perfectly healthy looking right eye peeking around the whole movie through. It makes him so much less spooky, visually. I like that his head is a lumpy bag of meat, but his eye and the skin around it, namely the eyelid, is perfectly healthy looking with no age marks or discolorations...

And finally, why are his clothes suddenly so nicely clean and pressed looking? Jason go to Wal-Mart and pick up some new duds before being caught at the start of the film? Hell, in the very sequel preceeding it, his clothes are torn to hell. Not as cool looking an outfit with bones and spine sticking out as in seven, but we can't always get what we want.

And don't EVEN get me started on the lame as crap UBER-JASON uniform. Shudder...
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »

Firstly, the HAIR. He's been bald but for a strand or two since part 3, and now all of a sudden he's got some hideous frizzy patchwork haircut going which looks awful. Secondly, his mask is designed wrong, in some bizarre fashion I can't quite explain. It looks off.

Haha, I like your screen name!

But I agree, his look was pretty bad. The mask was totally different, it had like "3D" to it, where some areas popped out more, and looked a little off. If I recall correctly I think it was off in color as well.

I guess they decided since he can regenerate that would explain why he looked so darn different Sad
SalsburySteakJr
Camper

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »

I hate that regeneration garbage. Why hasn't he regenerated so noticeably in ANY of the previous films? And I'm not just talking about differences made on account of different designers, fx artists, and directors either...

And I just don't know why seeing his eye SO clearly irks me. It's so much more chilling dark and mysterious in my not so humble opinion.

Thanks on the name, I created it nearly a decade ago while penning a screenplay, with the character as a wild mixture of Bill the Butcher, Salvador Dali, myself at my bipolar worst (I've got a mixture of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, known as schizo-affective disorder), and some kind of crime lord priest who speaks 70% nonsense words that flow like morphine induced poetry. The name just vomited out. I've always found the best art flows like vomit from the mouth.
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »

We should have been worried when Jason met the same fate as the Leprechaun.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:10 PM »

yea really.

You know i never watch all Leprechaun in Space so i do not know if its better or worst then Jason X but both movies sound lame as hell

Who want to watch horror movie take place in Space. Alien's yea but Jason or Leprechaun? Hell No

I am shock they have not seend Michael or Freddy to Space because Pinhead been to space too.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:56 AM »

JASON (su)X
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »

lol, I liked the movie before I became  a super fanboy......now it's definitely not the best.

My dad and I saw it when it came out in theatres, there were like 4 people there- Including us.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »

My dad and I saw it when it came out in theatres, there were like 4 people there- Including us.

LOL me and my Aunt Tincy went to see it like a few days it come out and it was only like 3 people in there so it was 5 including us lol
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »

didnt go see this in the theater.. but there were probably 0 people. Tongue
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »

I just watched Jason X for the whatever hundreth time a few nights ago, and it plays off more like a spoof then an actual serious entry. There is nothing wrong with that though. There is room in a franchise with as many films as Friday has for some fun, I think. That is what Jason X was. It was pizza/beer/popcorn fun. It didn't take itself seriously and wasn't probably meant to be taken seriously.

I have read the original script by Todd Farmer and I know what it could have been, but in a way I am actually glad it wasn't. I like the film the way it is. Kane was abosolutely amazing in the role as usual. The frozen head smash is still my favorite kill in the entire series. That scene screams BAD ASS! Uber-Jason looks really cool too.

I think people who constantly bash this film are taking these films more seriously then they were ever intended to be taken. This entire wonderful series of films is meant for fun and entertainment, probably not meant to be taken all that seriously and Jason X is basically the flagship of that point.

Then we got Freddy vs. Jason which was another more fun film bringing Freddy into the mix, and then we got the series back to the more serious and scary tone that the first four films had.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2009, 10:01:45 AM »

JASONX  does seem to be more on the "fun" side....there's alot of real cheezy one-liners  "where's condor?"... "he's screwed".. haha.....but still has those moments of suspense....JGTH on the other hand.. is just  laughable....
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:45 AM »

Jason Goes to Hell was certainly the most different of the series. I still liked it although it is probably the worst in the series. I think it is fun to just have a little bit of a different interpretation of a character whom is so familiar otherwise.

Plus the gore was outstanding! It was the best make-up work since Savini. Of couse KNB basically learning from Tom Savini on the set of Day of the Dead, I'm sure had something to do with that. The sexy scene in the tent is very entertaining (for us males). And I enjoy the characters. C. Duke is a great character. I think Steven is a very good character too, not to mention that big fat dirty mouthed woman in the diner.

[while trying to hit Jason in the back] "Get off of him you mother fucking cock sucker mother fucker!" [BAM...hit in the face and got her teeth knocked down her throat]

That was great stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: