Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 22, 2017, 01:08:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "They're all crazy!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 48878 times)
mhtdtr
New Blood

« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2015, 10:57:56 AM »

I saw it again this morning and i have to tell you that, for me, it is a good entry overall, much better than 8 and way better than 9. I still prefer a classic f13 in the camp but the idea for just one film seems right to me. It is like a what if in the future, out of the regular continuum.

It is campy, with stupid characters and stupid jokes, but, no more than other films in the franchise. I like the idea of someone finally try to do something about Jason and his immortality thing and i love uber Jason. I understand that for many people it is stupid, but, come on!, in a film like this it is pretty awesome, and it is a one time thing, so enjoy it.

The plot is more consistent than other films in the franchise and there are no big mistakes about the mythology like in other films like 8 or 9.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:00:33 AM by mhtdtr » Logged
Blane
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2015, 07:57:25 PM »

but the idea for just one film seems right to me.

Except that "one film" put the final nail in the franchise's coffin. Nowhere to go after Jason X but "reboot."
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »

At one point they did say they wanted to do a sequel to Jason X. I would've watched. The books released after JX as a continuation were pretty good.
Blane
« Reply #363 on: December 10, 2015, 12:31:24 AM »

There were BOOKS that continued Jason X? Seriously? How many copies did they sell? Four or five? The author will probably be able to purchase a gumball once he surpasses 10 copes sold.
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2015, 01:40:22 AM »

The books were actually good. They expanded upon the idea of Jason being in the future and really went into new directions.

There were also books based on the Friday The 13th and Elm Street franchises too I think released by Black Flame. Someone told me the reason more books weren't released is because Black Flame shut down. I did hear though they are talking to other publishers to get more made. I hope so because I love those franchises. If I remember correctly, they also did books based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre as well.

I hope if we do get some books that maybe they do books that maybe take place in between the first and second movies. I could see them explaining some stuff and maybe even some short stories?
mnknut22
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »

Except that "one film" put the final nail in the franchise's coffin. Nowhere to go after Jason X but "reboot."

exactly!
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2015, 10:59:35 PM »

I do think though that if anything hurt Jason X it was the delay. Not only did it make it sit on the shelf for awhile but then didn't it get pirated too? Just sad to see it go through so many obstacles and lose out in the end. I waited so long for the movie and really enjoyed and still enjoy it.

However, I would have loved to have seen how it would have fared on the original planned release. It was just an uphill battle for JX the whole way. It gets made then its biggest fan quits with DeLuca I think his name was. After that it gets given a TON of different release dates and even has Jennifer Lopez's Angel Eyes movie follow it on two separate occasions to the same release date. Then it gets put in limbo again until FINALLY a release date is announced. Unfortunately it's around the same time as The Scorpion King and Spider-Man which both went crazy at the box office and it got lost in the shuffle.

Then people start popping up right before it comes out saying oh someone showed me the movie is on the Internet. Could u imagine if this has happened with the original where the Internet had been around and it got put up on there? Good lord that could've and maybe would've killed any and all momentum for that one just like Jason X.

It just feels like this movie had everything and anything thrown in its path to make sure it failed. Really sad too because I enjoy it a lot. It doesn't take itself too seriously, great kills and gore made it fun, the characters like Kay-Em were enjoyable. This and The Final Chapter r my two favorites to watch along with F Vs J and the original.
mnknut22
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2015, 08:43:47 AM »

I do think though that if anything hurt Jason X it was the delay. Not only did it make it sit on the shelf for awhile but then didn't it get pirated too? Just sad to see it go through so many obstacles and lose out in the end. I waited so long for the movie and really enjoyed and still enjoy it.

However, I would have loved to have seen how it would have fared on the original planned release. It was just an uphill battle for JX the whole way. It gets made then its biggest fan quits with DeLuca I think his name was. After that it gets given a TON of different release dates and even has Jennifer Lopez's Angel Eyes movie follow it on two separate occasions to the same release date. Then it gets put in limbo again until FINALLY a release date is announced. Unfortunately it's around the same time as The Scorpion King and Spider-Man which both went crazy at the box office and it got lost in the shuffle.

Then people start popping up right before it comes out saying oh someone showed me the movie is on the Internet. Could u imagine if this has happened with the original where the Internet had been around and it got put up on there? Good lord that could've and maybe would've killed any and all momentum for that one just like Jason X.

It just feels like this movie had everything and anything thrown in its path to make sure it failed. Really sad too because I enjoy it a lot. It doesn't take itself too seriously, great kills and gore made it fun, the characters like Kay-Em were enjoyable. This and The Final Chapter r my two favorites to watch along with F Vs J and the original.

Yes someone at new line was fired around the time it was completed and the studio didn't really know what to do with it at the time. So it was shelved for a while. Yes it was leaked I remember someone gave me a copy of it and i was so disappointed even if i hadn't seen it when i went to the theaters to see it i felt the same way. The theater was so empty and the people that were there got up and left half way. I don't think it being shelved caused it to fail. The WHOLE idea of jason in space turned everyone off especially casual fans who aren't die hards.

The idea of space has failed with a few other franchises. The fact that this idea was ok with noel and sean has made me question their authenticity with controlling the franchise. Especially sean who changed the music to the movie and made last minute changes to the script. It was supposed to have a scary vibe to it (like alien) and it turned into a cartoony laughable film that while the idea was to poke fun of itself. It did it the entire movie and you can sense no one took the material serious. There are some things i liked about the movie meaning specific kills. But the entire movie in general was a waste of time and money all around. New line was embarrassed that they even had this movie on their hands and I don't blame them one bit. While i watch it from time to time its my least favorite in the series. Sean cunningham has made some disastrous decisions with the franchise. and although i am a MASSIVE JGTH fan he has no respect for the series or continunity. He hated the idea of jason being alive in the later sequels. That was victor miller and tom savini's idea.  Sean needs to step back and stop interfering with people who tend to care more about the series then he does. Jim Issac couldn't stand the guy because he practically butchered his movie. I can't stand the guy either.
Blane
« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2016, 01:58:22 AM »

Noel and sean has made me question their authenticity with controlling the franchise

I bet if you cornered them, they'd admit to hating the franchise. They're just using it as a cash cow. They have NO CLUE what to do and they hire writers who have no clue either.
Jasonlives52
Camper

« Reply #369 on: November 05, 2016, 06:08:34 AM »

I think the problem with any franchised character is you eventually run out of plot ideas for a general audience. Sure, for those of us who love Jason, we can read the books and the story can go on indefinitely. But I think horror movies have a faddish quality to them. Audiences show up when they want entertainment and don't have that critical hand hovering too close to the buzzer to condemn these movies for doing what they're suppose to do which is entertain with a quality reflective in this genre.

But I think there is plenty of potential left in this franchise. If you look at all of the horror reboots, FVJ and the last Friday the 13th rank the highest in gross. So audiences definitely want Jason back. Freddy Krueger is a harder sell now because of the real life tragedies impacting children. So his origins play to an audience with different sensibilities today versus what they were in the 80's. Jason has a timeless appeal. When people want some great kills and OTT adventure, this character is a solid bet. That is why I think the direction of this next film looks to be a sure fire smash hit. But I digress...

Jason X was a product of it's time. The studio had bought the license with the intentions of keeping it profitable and moving forward. But too often people who have creative control believe in moving away from the source material in order to keep them "fresh" and hit a new target audience. Unfortunately they find out, the only audience that counts is the one that has always been there, which is their base. Some tough lessons but in the end a series that has a rich history we can all reflect on today.
mnknut22
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2017, 01:33:33 PM »

There were BOOKS that continued Jason X? Seriously? How many copies did they sell? Four or five? The author will probably be able to purchase a gumball once he surpasses 10 copes sold.

surprisingly those books are super rare and very expensive. Highly sought with the hardcore fans.
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

Are you drinking?
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2017, 01:10:38 AM »

This was the FIRST ..JASON Movie I got to see on the Big Screen. So it will always hold a special place in my ripped out severed heart.  That and it is a Kick Ass FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE!  I just Love it.
fogandmist
Lifeguard

« Reply #373 on: September 05, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »

Anyone see Pandorum (2009)?
A Jason in space movie with that tone & intensity, now THAT would have been something to fucking see man. And I say that as someone who does like the film in it's current state.
Fragminion
Camper

« Reply #374 on: September 07, 2017, 02:35:06 AM »

Anyone see Pandorum (2009)?
A Jason in space movie with that tone & intensity, now THAT would have been something to fucking see man. And I say that as someone who does like the film in it's current state.

Well Jason X could have done that too, if its budget was 30 odd million instead of only 11 million.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  

Jump to: