Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 17, 2017, 01:34:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "You'll never come back again..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 48624 times)
mnknut22
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »

I think if Jason X had a better score I'd probably like it more, something less sci fi channel and abit more classic would have helped my enjoyment.

The original script was suppose to have the vibe of the alien movies with jason. It wasn't suppose to be comical like it is. Sean Cunningham ruined this movie by interfering with the script, the cast, and the score.  It was on his funding, so he felt like he could do whatever he wants.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »

The original script was suppose to have the vibe of the alien movies with jason. It wasn't suppose to be comical like it is. Sean Cunningham ruined this movie by interfering with the script, the cast, and the score.  It was on his funding, so he felt like he could do whatever he wants.

Yeah I heard that, real shame as it might have broken the franchise ruined by going to space thing. There's thankfully still some great kills and as always Kane Hodder is awesome.
mnknut22
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »

Yeah I heard that, real shame as it might have broken the franchise ruined by going to space thing. There's thankfully still some great kills and as always Kane Hodder is awesome.

I saw it at the theater when it came out. I remember numerous amounts of people getting up and leaving half way through sadly. People were standing out by the theater door telling people you dont want to see it. Its trash and ruining the ending for people going to see it.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »

I saw it at the theater when it came out. I remember numerous amounts of people getting up and leaving half way through sadly. People were standing out by the theater door telling people you dont want to see it. Its trash and ruining the ending for people going to see it.

Really? I don't get that, almost seems like those people can't have been Friday the 13th fans
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2014, 12:10:46 PM »

I saw this twice in theaters. Both times I want to see it, people were clapping at the end.

The guy from Entertainment Weekly said, "Friday the 13th is like sex and pizza. Even the worst it still pretty good."

I kind of agree with that philosophy. The worst Friday the 13th is still WAY better then Paranormal Activity crap.
mnknut22
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »

I saw this twice in theaters. Both times I want to see it, people were clapping at the end.

The guy from Entertainment Weekly said, "Friday the 13th is like sex and pizza. Even the worst it still pretty good."

I kind of agree with that philosophy. The worst Friday the 13th is still WAY better then Paranormal Activity crap.

Agreed. I cant fucking stand the paraplegic activity movies.  I was dragged to the first one and fell asleep after a half hour. My girlfriend at the time was pissed, so she poured her drink into my lap and woke me up. Fell back asleep after twenty minutes.
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2014, 09:49:35 PM »

To me Jason X felt like the Alien movies with more humor. And I still think it's a good movie (that's right, not so bad it's good or even horribly good, but a good production).

The worst pizza I had was one time at school. The dough wasn't cooked well and was still doughy. I ate it anyway, but I don't think I'll do that again.
Ishy
High 5-ing people with a machete.
Camp Cook

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2014, 02:16:15 AM »

It's not a bad movie if you just wanna have some fun, laugh at riddiculous things and get relaxed. But it is bad if you think of it as a part of a huge series. I can't say that F13 movies are movie award films, but even they have, or had, standards. This one just went way overboard and laughed at these 'standards'. I'm glad that Jason X is in the past now and that they're still making new ones.
Baby Firefly
Lifeguard

« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »

This is definitely one of my biggest guilty pleasure of the series. It's just a lot of fun, and if people take it seriously then well...they should probably watch a weepy Lifetime drama or something. It's in my bottom five or so, but it's really entertaining, has some creative kills (and one of the highest bodycounts), great pacing, a few likeable (or at least fun to watch) characters, and I've always been a fan of how bright and colorful the whole thing was. It's not amazing by any means but I definitely prefer it to a couple of the others.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2014, 01:45:33 AM »

Say what you will about Jason X, but compared to stupid movies like Sharktopus and Sharknado, it is a masterpiece. Everything is perspective.
Baby Firefly
Lifeguard

« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2014, 01:48:00 AM »

Amen to that! I love it when people say this film is 'bottom of the barrel material' yet they praise the likes of SyFy flicks and refer to them as 'great guilty pleasures.' Uh hello? That's what this is. It didn't take itself too seriously (if it had, it would've REALLY fallen flat) and delivered everything one would expect; kills, fast pace, fun characters, creativity, etc.
Jessica
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »

yet they praise the likes of SyFy flicks and refer to them as 'great guilty pleasures.'

Actually one of my beefs with Jason X is precisely the fact that it feels like one of those stupid SyFy Channel originals. Not a fan. So I'm pretty consistent in my distastes.  Tongue

I guess, for me, it's yet another of the entries that departs TOO far from what I want out of a Friday The 13th movie. That's fine for some (you). But not for others (me).

In the case of both JGTH and JX, the filmmakers seemed to be purposefully trying to avoid making a Friday The 13th movie. If you wanna try something new, that's fine. In my opinion, a movie like Part 7 tried something new and succeeded. That movie added the telekinetic thing and had its own vibe BUT it was still also a classic style Friday The 13th film. Ya know what I mean? It added something new without sacrificing the elements that traditional fans want.

I can forgive JGTH to a point. If I just force myself to forget that I'm watching a Jason movie and pretend it's just a stand alone horror movie, I can enjoy it. But Jason X doesn't even work as a good horror movie. So what am I left with? A SyFy Channel type movie? No thank you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:48:28 AM by Jessica » Logged
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »

I do like Jason X for what it is , but Jessica makes some really good points imo .
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:41 AM »

My friend Melanie went and saw it and we had a blast! She was teasing me asking if I knew the two girls in the sleeping bag scene lol! She's like hey Brendan have u met them yet? I'm laughing right now thinking about it. I love the movie though and always love to kick back and have a good time watching it. It was the first Jason movie I ever saw in theaters and I love being able to say that too. I can't make fun of this movie and wouldn't want to since I waited SOOOOOOOOOOO long to watch it. I was very satisfied with the finished product and would love to see a sequel to it sometime. It can be a comic book sequel. I've read the sequels they did in novelization form and those r good too.
Blane
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:31 AM »

I can forgive JGTH to a point. If I just force myself to forget that I'm watching a Jason movie and pretend it's just a stand alone horror movie, I can enjoy it. But Jason X doesn't even work as a good horror movie. So what am I left with? A SyFy Channel type movie? No thank you.

That entire statement. Sums it up for me, I think.

Mostly though, I hated the upgraded Jason. I hated the spaceship location. I hated his fight with Kay Em. I hated the space tackle. I hated.... well you get the idea.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: