Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 15, 2017, 08:33:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "They're all crazy!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 50372 times)
mnknut22
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »

No disrespect , but this is WHY the later movies lacked quite a lot . And in particular , why JGTH blew chunks ... F13th and Jason Voorhees were never meant to be "the laughing stock of the franchise" .

It started out as horror and terror . It grew into a joke . The 2009 film recaptured the true feel and essence . We'll have to wait and see what happens next ...

not disrespected lol we all have our own views. I think JGTH was more or less just ment to be gross out fun, were as jason X, was that times ten. I agree they turned into a joke. the remake captured the first four vibes, but it took me a few views to really appreciate it. I didnt like some of the actors.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »

not disrespected lol we all have our own views. I think JGTH was more or less just ment to be gross out fun, were as jason X, was that times ten. I agree they turned into a joke. the remake captured the first four vibes, but it took me a few views to really appreciate it. I didnt like some of the actors.
I still don't like some of the actors in the 2009 reboot ! LOL

Glad you took my post for what it was - an opinion . I've stated here many times before , my affection for every movie in the series . My preference is for the 1st four and the reboot , but I find enjoyment in them all , for different reasons Smiley
mnknut22
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »

I still don't like some of the actors in the 2009 reboot ! LOL

Glad you took my post for what it was - an opinion . I've stated here many times before , my affection for every movie in the series . My preference is for the 1st four and the reboot , but I find enjoyment in them all , for different reasons Smiley

Ill take any shitty friday the 13th/jason movie, over not having any made at all. I think its easy to criticize a new entry in the series but i look at it like, we just be fortune hollywood allows these to continue. They dont pump them out like in the 80s anymore. Gotta take what we are given and appreciate it for what it was. Jason X i got to see in theaters too So i liked that factor.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »

Ill take any shitty friday the 13th/jason movie, over not having any made at all. I think its easy to criticize a new entry in the series but i look at it like, we just be fortune hollywood allows these to continue. They dont pump them out like in the 80s anymore. Gotta take what we are given and appreciate it for what it was. Jason X i got to see in theaters too So i liked that factor.
I have stated before that I will take any F13th sequel over a new Hannah Montana film - every time !!!  Grin

For better or worse , let us all hope that we get several more entries to our favorite horror franchises .
mnknut22
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »

I have stated before that I will take any F13th sequel over a new Hannah Montana film - every time !!!  Grin

For better or worse , let us all hope that we get several more entries to our favorite horror franchises .

Ive gotten alot of shit for saying this, but if big budget hollywood is sick of making the friday the 13th movies, lets do direct to dvds. You can make more movies, and expand the storyline, bring back old characters, keep a fresh flow of f13ths being released. I dont ever see that happening, and im still shocked the TV show is a go.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2014, 08:17:44 PM »

THIS !!!
Totally agree with you bro Smiley
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:05 PM »

Lets agree to agree. I have found only Part 8 to be a disappointment, and I'll be happy with more movies coming out in the future. With Paramount hanging onto both Jason and the title for the next four years you can't expect anything short of quality films (in a certain sense), but the series will eventually run dry. Unless there comes an age of re-remakes, but lets not go there.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »

Lets agree to agree. I have found only Part 8 to be a disappointment, and I'll be happy with more movies coming out in the future. With Paramount hanging onto both Jason and the title for the next four years you can't expect anything short of quality films (in a certain sense), but the series will eventually run dry. Unless there comes an age of re-remakes, but lets not go there.
I think we are all on the same page , and I apologize if I came across as seeming anything else . Even the so-called bad F13th films are still a treat to watch . And ... I will still choose any entry from the franchise over most other current listings at the cinema .

I fully expect there to be more entries to the Jason saga , and i will be the first in line Smiley
mnknut22
« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »

I think they're will be a few more...I wouldn't expect 10 more in the series.  Ill take whatever we get, but as a fan i still have my fanboy complaints.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2014, 12:56:58 AM »

I never want to see Friday the 13th DTV. To me, that would be an insult. I want to see Jason on the big screen forever. They will never stop making these movies. Jason Voorhees will always be a part of the fabric of American popular culture.
mnknut22
« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »

I never want to see Friday the 13th DTV. To me, that would be an insult. I want to see Jason on the big screen forever. They will never stop making these movies. Jason Voorhees will always be a part of the fabric of American popular culture.

I think done right, it could be accomplished, but i really dont see them pumping that many out anymore.  Remake was in 2009, before that fvj 2003, jason x, 2001 (filmed in 1999 i believe) then JGTH 1993.  Theres big gaps now.  Its been 5 years, and there hasnt even really been any breaking news about the new one, they have a deadline for next march, but they'd have to be knee deep in filming by now, and theres still no word.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

They do have a deadline for next march as you have stated. It does not take very long to make a Friday the 13th film. It can still be done. They know a lot more than we do at this point in time. There is probably a lot going on with the film right now that they are shielding from the internet for the time being.

Jason will never truly go away. Sure, we will never get another ten year span of eight back to back films, but ever decade he will probably pop up with a film or two. I do not see him ever really going away.
mnknut22
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »

They do have a deadline for next march as you have stated. It does not take very long to make a Friday the 13th film. It can still be done. They know a lot more than we do at this point in time. There is probably a lot going on with the film right now that they are shielding from the internet for the time being.

Jason will never truly go away. Sure, we will never get another ten year span of eight back to back films, but ever decade he will probably pop up with a film or two. I do not see him ever really going away.

right. Maybe its good to appreciate whatever they pump at us, even if its not as good as another.. I wish KNB efx would do another jason movie. Loved their effects.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »

The way I see it is, MY Friday the 13th franchise was the Paramount films of the 80s. Everything after that is really bonus. The 1980s Paramount series is the canon though.
Stebob1984
Lifeguard

« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »

I think if Jason X had a better score I'd probably like it more, something less sci fi channel and abit more classic would have helped my enjoyment.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: