Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 17, 2017, 10:50:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I told the others, they didn't believe me!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 48646 times)
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »

You would just think they wouldn't want to rip off alien but they had no problem with that at all, not to mention Hellraiser and leprachaun went into space years before and most people hate those installments. I will say this though it made sense in the hellraiser movie to be in space even anyone has seen it will know this.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

Jason Voorhees is a very comic book friendly type character to begin with. Just because Leprechaun and Pinhead went to space years before they did it with Jason, does not mean that Jason X was a direct rip off of those films. Jason X was just an attempt to make a new Jason movie that was cool, looked slicker, had a little more blood then the MPAA allowed them to have in the 80s, had some action, and a kick ass Jason.
Fat Freddy
Lifeguard

« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2013, 09:19:31 PM »

I'm probably in the minority but I get such a kick out of "Jason X," it's a total hoot... and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than the preceding "Jason Goes to Hell."

I find it works better if you treat it as an affectionate parody of the F13 movies, rather than a legitimate entry in the series.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »

I'm probably in the minority but I get such a kick out of "Jason X," it's a total hoot... and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than the preceding "Jason Goes to Hell."

I find it works better if you treat it as an affectionate parody of the F13 movies, rather than a legitimate entry in the series.
That's a really good way of looking at it !
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2013, 11:23:11 PM »

I'm surprised you didn't think the same for The Final Friday. I would certainly consider that a parody, especially with them selling hockey mask shaped burgers at the local diner, and Jason fingers. Grin
Fat Freddy
Lifeguard

« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2013, 09:04:53 AM »

I'm surprised you didn't think the same for The Final Friday. I would certainly consider that a parody, especially with them selling hockey mask shaped burgers at the local diner, and Jason fingers. Grin

Well, yea, that was sorta funny.  Grin

"Final Friday" just seemed like it was trying too hard. Between shoe horning in all of the back story and family history for Jason, the bounty hunter, Jason jumping from body to body for the whole movie, etc., etc. they had enough going on for six films. It was a mess.

Jason X, meanwhile, seems like they simply threw up their hands and said "fuck it, let's just go completely NUTS, it'll be fun."
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »

Well, yea, that was sorta funny.  Grin

"Final Friday" just seemed like it was trying too hard. Between shoe horning in all of the back story and family history for Jason, the bounty hunter, Jason jumping from body to body for the whole movie, etc., etc. they had enough going on for six films. It was a mess.

Jason X, meanwhile, seems like they simply threw up their hands and said "fuck it, let's just go completely NUTS, it'll be fun."
I'm really liking your posts !
You summed up JGTH very nicely . I thought it was cluttered as well .
Fat Freddy
Lifeguard

« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »

I'm really liking your posts !

Thanx!  Grin Great minds think alike, eh?
DUKE1
Camp Cook

AGAINST ME! kicks ass

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »

Jason X is a complete hoot I would agree. its got lots of fun stuff from start to finish. The Jason look is pretty awful before the "upgrade" but whatever for me that's Kane killing the series even more.
Is best as a stand alone or say else-world story.

For me JGTH is such a mess that even trying to place it as a stand alone just doesn't help I like to think of it as not existing, then it works!!! It pains me when I watch it thankfully that's not often.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »

Thanx!  Grin Great minds think alike, eh?
Totally !

aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »

Strange, The Final Friday never felt like a mess to me. I haven't watched Jason X yet, but for now I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Just as long as they kept it right I won't mind it being on a spaceship. Hopefully it will be a more interesting setting than a boat. Jason X
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »

Jason Goes to Hell really was not a mess. Though it did have some things in it that seemed to contradict what was said in the original film, like Jason having a sister.

But overall, as a horror film, and even as a film based on the Friday the 13th franchise, it offered a unique plot to the series.

Jason X was every other Friday the 13th film, but just in a different setting. I enjoy it. It has my all time favorite kill!
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »

Strange, The Final Friday never felt like a mess to me.

I'm with you. A least it feels like a horror-film, not a crappy si-fi comedy\adventure for TV, like Jason X/  Tongue
8Jsandwich
Counselor

I'm in the mood for a Jarvis Sandwich

« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »

I'm not a huge space lover so I was disappointed to see Jason in space. Would've liked Jason in the future without spacecraft better.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »

the plot was pretty out there... but the kills were bad ass.. and the chicks were gorgeous.. i love the way they dres in the future ..those are enough reasons for me to watch
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: