Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 18, 2017, 09:13:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason X Discussion  (Read 48683 times)
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »

But even with all of this, I still really enjoyed Uber-Jason and would love to see him again.

Funny...I too would like to see Uber Jason again....I mean I think the concept is super cheezy and silly...but to see how he would adapt to the future and to see new creative futuristic kills would be entertaining to see...but....only if Kane were to play JV...anyone else wouldn't work...
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Funny...I too would like to see Uber Jason again....I mean I think the concept is super cheezy and silly...but to see how he would adapt to the future and to see new creative futuristic kills would be entertaining to see...but....only if Kane were to play JV...anyone else wouldn't work...

Yeah, Kane holding onto the role would be an absolute must. I don't really think the idea is all that cheesy or silly, I think it just sort of kicked Jason up a notch, and I really think the idea could be explored more deeply and could be used for a couple more good movies.
jarofhair5
New Blood

« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »

worst one in my opinion, i remember going to see this at the theatre when i was 12, the first R rated horror film i would see in theatres and i was so pissed, im just glad my first one was jason lol
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »

worst one in my opinion, i remember going to see this at the theatre when i was 12, the first R rated horror film i would see in theatres and i was so pissed, im just glad my first one was jason lol

See, I'm guessing you made the classic mistake a lot of people made. You went into it expecting a Friday the 13th film, not yet understanding that New Line doesn't do Friday the 13th films, they do "Jason films." A different thing altogether. But, as far as a first movie goes, glad it was Jason for you.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »

See, I'm guessing you made the classic mistake a lot of people made. You went into it expecting a Friday the 13th film, not yet understanding that New Line doesn't do Friday the 13th films, they do "Jason films." A different thing altogether. But, as far as a first movie goes, glad it was Jason for you.
I never thought about it like that, but you're right. Only Friday the 13th movie new line put out was the remake and that was together with paramount and platinum dunes
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »

I never thought about it like that, but you're right. Only Friday the 13th movie new line put out was the remake and that was together with paramount and platinum dunes

The prosecution rests, New Line is guilty as Hell of Jason burial in the first degree.
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »

OMG!
This can't be true! Someone, put Todd Farmer into psychiatric hospital!

http://wendago.com/2011/12/31/jason-xi-and-xii/
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »

OMG!
This can't be true! Someone, put Todd Farmer into psychiatric hospital!

http://wendago.com/2011/12/31/jason-xi-and-xii/

Hmmmm.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

There's things I love about this flick...and things I don't love so mulch....the last 10 min or so are silly to me...but the kills are kool/ creative..the girls are gorgeous..and I like the sarcasm that some of the characters have...this flick has alot of laugh out loud moments but still has somealot suspense...
Shifty
Camp Cook

« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2012, 01:10:13 AM »

I popped this in a few weekends ago and watched it with my good friend Soul_of_Voorhees (a handful of you probably remember when he posted here waaaaaaayyyy back when). I have to say, I think the novelty of Jason being in space has worn off for me at this point. It still has a few things going for it - creative-ish deaths (girl gets sucked through grate into space, liquid nitrogen face smash, etc.), one of the neatest Jason "deaths" IMO (ridden to planet re-entry death by stereotypical black hero), and an interesting twist to the Jason Voorhees look with the Uber-Jason reconstruction.

Despite these little perks, I still found the movie rather boring. I can pop parts II-VII in and enjoy the hell out of them, one way or another. Jason X just seems to miss that certain F13th "It" factor. It's a bit too self-referential and openly campy at times, which always misses the boat with me. It's not particularly scary or tense either. And somehow, I'm still peeved that we're not given the events leading up to Jason's capture (unless they've been revealed in some novel or comic book). Ironically enough, for a movie that's banking on the "Jason in Space" concept to carry it, one of the most entertaining parts of the entire movie is the scene where he's tricked into believing he's back at Crystal Lake.

At this point, Jason X has slid to the bottom of my list of F13th movies, hovering somewhere between Friday the 13th (reboot/remake/re-who-cares) and Part VIII.
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

I popped this in a few weekends ago and watched it with my good friend Soul_of_Voorhees (a handful of you probably remember when he posted here waaaaaaayyyy back when). I have to say, I think the novelty of Jason being in space has worn off for me at this point. It still has a few things going for it - creative-ish deaths (girl gets sucked through grate into space, liquid nitrogen face smash, etc.), one of the neatest Jason "deaths" IMO (ridden to planet re-entry death by stereotypical black hero), and an interesting twist to the Jason Voorhees look with the Uber-Jason reconstruction.

Despite these little perks, I still found the movie rather boring. I can pop parts II-VII in and enjoy the hell out of them, one way or another. Jason X just seems to miss that certain F13th "It" factor. It's a bit too self-referential and openly campy at times, which always misses the boat with me. It's not particularly scary or tense either. And somehow, I'm still peeved that we're not given the events leading up to Jason's capture (unless they've been revealed in some novel or comic book). Ironically enough, for a movie that's banking on the "Jason in Space" concept to carry it, one of the most entertaining parts of the entire movie is the scene where he's tricked into believing he's back at Crystal Lake.

At this point, Jason X has slid to the bottom of my list of F13th movies, hovering somewhere between Friday the 13th (reboot/remake/re-who-cares) and Part VIII.

Yeah, the campiness and overly self referential nature is what I call the Scream effect, where suddenly every horror movie had to be self aware and making jokes of the subject matter. Not a real big fan of it in this case.
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »

So what do you guys think about the Todd Farmer's idea to make a sequel to Jason X?

Maybe it will be better if it will take the over by Farmer's friend Patrick Lyusser?
Evildead13th
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »

You know it's funny because some of the Jason X novels would make decent movies if done correctly. Maybe one of those couuld be used but then again you would have to use the one right after the JX movie novel since the novels in the series follow each other basically. Idk. Just a thought for a sequel if it ever happened. I also have the F13th comics and they had a Jason vs Jason X (aka Ubber Jason) and that was pretty cool, so that's an idea too. Cool
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »

You know it's funny because some of the Jason X novels would make decent movies if done correctly. Maybe one of those couuld be used but then again you would have to use the one right after the JX movie novel since the novels in the series follow each other basically. Idk. Just a thought for a sequel if it ever happened. I also have the F13th comics and they had a Jason vs Jason X (aka Ubber Jason) and that was pretty cool, so that's an idea too. Cool

These are all good ideas. The Jason X idea was a good one, just not executed the way it should've been.
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »

Anyway, Todd Farmer the only one to blame for the fact that this movie sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: