Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 12:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Don't let her get away Mommy! Don't let her live!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 64327 times)
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »

Very true !!!
The fans are what matter most . Too many cooks in the kitchen can ruin a good thing .
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »

Yeah I think Todd and Jim Isaac said that about JX too and I know what they mean. Unless the movie needs urgent repair in some way the money people should just leave it alone.
Joe Karlosi
Camper

« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »

When I first saw FVJ at the theater I thought it was Excellent; but watching it at home since then, I think it's gone from "Great" to "Good". BUT I still think it's GOOD. I grew up as a fan of older monster mashes like FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN and KING KONG VS GODZILLA. So I really wanted a FREDDY VS JASON.

I've always been disappointed that so many fans dislike the movie as it turned out. I think the writers came up with a brilliant way of having the two characters in the same story, and I doubt there could have been a better script... the many scripts that got rejected were pretty lame. Yes, some of the acting was poor - but that's always been the case in F13 films for the most part (though not always).

As for the ending? Brilliant -- I wouldn't have changed it at all. I think it was a good idea to leave it rather ambiguous and allow audiences to figure what they felt the outcome was.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »

I thought they focused too much on the Freddy line of thinking . Too much dreamy stuff and supernatural themes . Even Jason's actions and kill scenes were wrought with CGI crap that doesn't lend itself well in a F13th movie .

If they had brought FK more into a 'real' realm , ala Jason's world , the film MAY have been better .
I doubt it though , not that it would happen anyway . New Line was Freddy's home first and he was always gonna get preferred treatment in this movie .

Overall i think most NOES fans were pleased , while die hard JV fans were let down .
Marie
Head Counselor

« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2013, 09:30:17 PM »

I thought they focused too much on the Freddy line of thinking . Too much dreamy stuff and supernatural themes . Even Jason's actions and kill scenes were wrought with CGI crap that doesn't lend itself well in a F13th movie .

If they had brought FK more into a 'real' realm , ala Jason's world , the film MAY have been better .
I doubt it though , not that it would happen anyway . New Line was Freddy's home first and he was always gonna get preferred treatment in this movie .

Overall i think most NOES fans were pleased , while die hard JV fans were let down .

Indeedy.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »

Indeedy.
Thanks , kiddo .

I know we all have our opinions , but i just didn't care much for the last two or three F13th entries .
Except the 2009 movie of course !
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »

When I first saw FVJ at the theater I thought it was Excellent; but watching it at home since then, I think it's gone from "Great" to "Good". BUT I still think it's GOOD. I grew up as a fan of older monster mashes like FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN and KING KONG VS GODZILLA. So I really wanted a FREDDY VS JASON.

I've always been disappointed that so many fans dislike the movie as it turned out. I think the writers came up with a brilliant way of having the two characters in the same story, and I doubt there could have been a better script... the many scripts that got rejected were pretty lame. Yes, some of the acting was poor - but that's always been the case in F13 films for the most part (though not always).

As for the ending? Brilliant -- I wouldn't have changed it at all. I think it was a good idea to leave it rather ambiguous and allow audiences to figure what they felt the outcome was.

I too am a fan of the old Universal Monsters as well. I loved the monster mashes such as Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein, and House of Dracula, not to mention King Kong vs. Godzilla.

For what it was, I really enjoyed Freddy vs. Jason. I think they probably made the best movie that could have been made with the idea. Just read some of the scripts that were turned down. Once you have done THAT, you will have a new appreciation for the movie they made.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #382 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »

Fantastic idea ! Some people have thought that the intro scene to py2 could be a dream sequence to set up the movie , so in theory , Alice's death could be explained or overlooked .

There's some cool cast members from the past who could easily return , and the fans would love it !
This would really renew interest in the movies.
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »

I wish I can kill Kelly my own hands...
Pablo
Lifeguard

« Reply #384 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »

yea there was way too much CGI crap in it
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #385 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »

I'm both a NOES fan and F13 die hard fan, and I liked it. As long as it's done right I'm satisfied. I even liked a lot of the characters. Sure it wasn't quite what fans were expecting, but the rules keep changing with every sequel. I've learned to be content. Freddy Vs Jason
HigginsHaven
Victim

« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »

This movie will always have a special place in my heart. It wasn't just the first Jason movie, but the first horror movie I ever watched, start to finish! I was 13 at the time and now every time I watch it, it takes me back to being that 13 year old kid again  Smiley
DUKE1
Camp Cook

AGAINST ME! kicks ass

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2013, 12:33:18 AM »

This movie will always have a special place in my heart. It wasn't just the first Jason movie, but the first horror movie I ever watched, start to finish! I was 13 at the time and now every time I watch it, it takes me back to being that 13 year old kid again  Smiley

i can respect that answer.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »

Very cool !
We all have our own sense of nostalgia attached to certain films in this genre .
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »

My favorite moments in this film were:

A. Jason stalks the fat kid through the corn field while on fire

B. Jason stabs the shit out of the asshole boyfriend and bends the bed in half

C. Jason emerges from Crystal Lake holding Freddy's head in his hand
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
  Print  

Jump to: