Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 17, 2017, 09:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Hey honey! Got a sister?!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 61848 times)
TheDreamMaster
Lifeguard

« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2012, 04:10:21 AM »

You know, I love the Friday and the Elm street series, and when this first came out when I was 14, I love dit. Hell, it was the first R-rated movie I ever snuck in to see. But I caught the last half of it on one of the Cinemax channels the other night, and I honestly cannot stand it anymore. Freddy is always cool because Robert englund plays him so well, but its too hokey, Jason just sucks in this film, and theres just too much I can't stand. I don't like the soundtrack at all,d espite liking a lto of the sogns from the soundtrack. I don't feel they fit. Coupled with the underwhelming fight scenes with too many jokes, and the weird dream sequences that use way too much color filters, its nothing like it was to me nine years ago. Guessing its maturity or something.
RoninJedi
New Blood

« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »

I actually enjoy the movie overall.  I saw it twice in theaters, though looking back I think it was just the hype of waiting so long for the movie to be made.  I agree the fight scenes leave something to be desired, and the story is a little...bleh....but compared to some scripts I read from back in the day, this one is solid gold.

My biggest problem with the movie is the fact that they make Jason afraid of water.  Jason's my favorite as I've watched those films since I was 6.  As soon as they showed he wouldn't walk through the fountain of water in the dream, I literally stood up in the theater and yelled, "That's bullshit!"  Because over the course of the 10 movies before that, when has Jason ever NOT walked into water to get someone?  It makes no sense at all.

But, at least in my opinion, if you can just turn your brain off for a bit and go with it, you can have fun with it.  It's definitely a step above the remake.  That's my 2 cents anyway.
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »

Ok i'm am going to clarify the whole why is jason afraid of water thing right here and now. In this movie we see jason get rained out when he first went to elm street and right he did drudge through water in his movies but here is why this happens is this movie FREDDY. jason was never afraid of water in real life but in  dream and not even that a dream being controlled by freddy he can exploit anything for his advantage and he has proven this in his movies multiple times. In the first movie glenn didnt even believe freddy was real and freddy killed him easily same with rod. In anoes 4 freddy turned that one girl into a cockroach against her will, so freddy being able to frighten jason in the dreaming makes sense to me because thats freddys power fear no matter how small he can amp it up and use it, i'm sorry that you actually have to to think for this scene to make sense but why not? Also if anyone here could write a better freddy vs jason then do it or dont watch this movie or would you rather we not have a cool crossover movie I mean comics do it every other issue and crossover movies are rare so why not just appreciate this movie or just dont watch it. I personally love this movie since I saw it in theaters when i was 13.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2012, 01:25:19 PM »

In anoes 4 freddy turned that one girl into a cockroach against her will

The girl Freddy turned into a roach was clearly afraid of roaches, which was clearly established in the movie. Jason, though drowned, was not afraid of water. That was clearly established in Friday 4, 6, 7, and 8. FVJ just screwed up.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »

The girl Freddy turned into a roach was clearly afraid of roaches, which was clearly established in the movie. Jason, though drowned, was not afraid of water. That was clearly established in Friday 4, 6, 7, and 8. FVJ just screwed up.
You nailed it here, pal.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »

I love this movie!  I saw in back in theatres four times when it came out. I waited 13 yrs to see it. Not kidding either. I did miss Kane playing Jason but I went in and had a blast the whole time. I still remember that F Vs J made $36.4 million the first wknd and I've never been able to do that before or after. That's how proud I was when I was able to see the movie hit number one.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2012, 06:08:30 AM »

I felt that way too. It was nice to see the original Jason and Freddy characters have a nice (and very successful) send off before the remakes. I did enjoy the remakes, but I could have gone for one more Friday film and one more Robert Nightmare film as parts of the original franchises before the remakes.
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »

I felt that way too. It was nice to see the original Jason and Freddy characters have a nice (and very successful) send off before the remakes. I did enjoy the remakes, but I could have gone for one more Friday film and one more Robert Nightmare film as parts of the original franchises before the remakes.

Same here. I hope Robert can do something with the character maybe one more time somehow. He's a class act and really gave the character something extra u know?
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »

I feel the same way . FvJ was a good movie for what it was , and after the loooong wait !

I really liked both of the remakes too . The fact that they went with the earlier and scarier versions of these characters was a welcome treat for me !
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »

I feel the same way . FvJ was a good movie for what it was , and after the loooong wait !

I really liked both of the remakes too . The fact that they went with the earlier and scarier versions of these characters was a welcome treat for me !
You and me both!!!!
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #310 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

It's almost a no-brainer that we'll see more entries from both franchises , so i hope the follow ups are in the same vein !
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »

It's almost a no-brainer that we'll see more entries from both franchises , so i hope the follow ups are in the same vein !
Well, someone has to make the movies first!!!
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

True , but i'm sure that they're being worked on . There is a lot of factors and $$ involved , but the fanbase has basically demanded that these films continue ...

Fear not - we'll see them !
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »

True , but i'm sure that they're being worked on . There is a lot of factors and $$ involved , but the fanbase has basically demanded that these films continue ...

Yup I think so too. Jason is too good of a character to let rest for too long. I believed that back in the day and I believe thst even more now.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2012, 03:57:47 AM »

Before I die, I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: