Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 22, 2017, 12:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm going back to bed, wanna come?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 62084 times)
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #270 on: January 04, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »

That means no hiking in the woods with gym shorts on.

Better leave the Mickey Mouse shirt off too.....
Stalker
« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »

Better leave the Mickey Mouse shirt off too.....
How about the Donald Duck one?
Ctr. Martin
Camper

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:59 AM »

I loved this movie when it first came out. Ever since becoming a fan back in 1996, I'd longed for this movie. I had to wait until 2004 before I could see it. We're always late in Sweden and this reached us even later because for some fucked up reason, this didn't get the cinema treatment over here  Roll Eyes Despite all the records it broke at the box office and such. Stupid.

Nowadays, I just like it. What bothers me the most is the acting, it's the worst of any F13/ANOES movie, just downright awful all the way. Kelly Rowland should never have been put onto us horror fans. There's just so much horror a guy can take.

The other thing I wasn't crazy about is the end fight. Man, Jason got his ass handed to him by Freddy in comparison, it's so stupid. They made Freddy both faster and stronger and could take more beating than he otherwise can while at the same time made Jason so much slower. I realise they had to handicap Jason somewhat to make it a fair fight, but then obviously went overboard and the result was Jason getting 9/10 of the punishment. Sure, the ending was satisfying, but that doesn't quite make up for it. I wanted him to kick Freddy's ass more. Also, the amount of blood in the fight was an awful idea, too. Very over the top and not really consistent with what we've seen before.

I'm glad we got the ending we did. The alternate ending gave us a hint that Freddy was still alive n' kicking while nothing about Jason's whereabouts was told. That would really have pissed me off.

I'd love a sequel with Kane.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »

I thought this movie was pretty dull, but it was better than The Ring.
Bango Skank
Lifeguard

« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:07 AM »

I was surprised at how much I liked (and still like) this one.  Not necessarily because it's a great movie, but because I was expecting so much worse.  It had been a long time since I'd rewatched the older Friday (and Nightmare On Elm) movies when I saw this and thought the storyline was actually pretty decent.  Like pretty much all the Friday movies, it's a product of its time and I really liked seeing Jason and Freddy unleashed on a whole new generation of dumb teenagers (and boy were they dumb)  It doesn't hold up to the originals of either franchise of course, and Kane Hodder was sorely missed but it was great seeing Robert Englund back in the Freddy getup for what I assumed would be the last time and as I was watching it for the first time, it took me back a bit to when I was young and experienced these movies for the first time, only it was filtered through a modern soundtrack and look.  I really got a kick out of the stoner kid (I forget his character's name) because he was such an obvious ripoff of Jay (of Jay And Silent Bob fame) and I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, I also found myself wondering if maybe it was a sort of callback to Chili in Part 3 who was such an obvious ripoff of Tommy Chong.  I was really hoping this one was going to be successful enough to start an old school Universal type of renaissance for these franchises where we'd get to see Myers, Leatherface, Ash, Pinhead (and hell why not) even Chucky in later movies.  They probably would have been pretty cheesy and over the top, as was FvJ at times, but I think I still would have enjoyed them.  Overall it's not a great movie, but I found it immensely enjoyable and still watch it a couple times a year.
Evildead13th
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »

It definitely could've been worse but it could have been a lot better too. I'm not a big fan of the over the top CGI kills and how Jason is once again taken out of his element and killing in Springwood. I mena yeah in order for the storyline they came up w/ for this they had to put him in Springwood but it was just for too damn long! Of course the absense of Kane Hodder hurts this as well but we won't go into that again.
ZombieGirl
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

I'll admit, it was the first horror movie I really watched and enjoyed somewhat. (being forced to watch Resident Evil with my mom at age 7 does not really count because I was too busy blocking out the noise and covering my face under the pillow. And that is where my zombiephobia started...) I always knew about Jason and Freddy but never watched the movies. A Nightmare on Elm. Street was the first series I watched after Freddy vs. Jason and then rest of the horror movies. And I to this day still have a liking towards Jason Voorhees (I was kind of rooting for him in the vs. movie) but it is quite enjoyable to watch. But I still think Ronny should go die in a hole.

Ronny...may all your bacon buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuurn!
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

I'll admit, it was the first horror movie I really watched and enjoyed somewhat. (being forced to watch Resident Evil with my mom at age 7 does not really count because I was too busy blocking out the noise and covering my face under the pillow. And that is where my zombiephobia started...) I always knew about Jason and Freddy but never watched the movies. A Nightmare on Elm. Street was the first series I watched after Freddy vs. Jason and then rest of the horror movies. And I to this day still have a liking towards Jason Voorhees (I was kind of rooting for him in the vs. movie) but it is quite enjoyable to watch. But I still think Ronny should go die in a hole.

Ronny...may all your bacon buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuurn!

Zombiephobia? I for one am looking forward to the zombie apocalypse! I've got a shit ton of ammo, plenty of gas and food, and about to add an AR-15 to the mix. Zombies, come at me, bro!
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »

Zombiephobia? I for one am looking forward to the zombie apocalypse! I've got a shit ton of ammo, plenty of gas and food, and about to add an AR-15 to the mix. Zombies, come at me, bro!
Strong words from the Vincent Price of Camp Blood.
PhenomenalTLD
Camp Cook

« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »

Looking back at this movie...it really was pretty fuckin' awesome now that I have some perspective.

1. Yes, Kane Hodder wasn't in it and that was stupid, but Ken Kirzinger wasn't too terrible and didn't embarass the role.

2. Jason fuckin' won (or it was a draw). I think we can all agree Freddy didn't win. So the result wasn't really a disappointment.

3. Monica Keena was fuckin' hot in this movie

4. Ginger Snaps chick was fuckin' hot in this movie

5. Kelly Rowland dies

6. If you read the other scripts, imagine how much worse this movie could have been

7. Robert Englund was awesome as usual

8. Freddy looked good

Argue with me as you see fit.
Nikki6am
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »

It was just an all 'round fun movie. I didn't find the meaning of life in it or anything. It didn't blow me away, but it was fun, damn it! And really, isn't that all that matters?
8Jsandwich
Counselor

I'm in the mood for a Jarvis Sandwich

« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2012, 05:08:42 PM »

I was really excited for this movie...it has a great thought...pair Jason against Freddy.  I thought the acting was too junior highish.  I'm glad that Robert Englund was actually in it though. I enjoyed it...but still felt a little disappointed with it at the same time.  Maybe if the character development was a little better I would've liked it more?
ZombieGirl
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »

Well, my phobia is kind of strange with me...I'm scared shitless of zombies but I still love them....hurray for love/hate/fear relationships!
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #283 on: May 21, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »

The nicest thing I can say about this movie was that Monica Keena was so damn hot!!!!
justindtrout
New Blood

« Reply #284 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

fun movie to watch, but i have some problems with the editor on this movie, they are too many noticeable mistakes they made, like when freddy is crawling on the dock, when Jason slices down freddy is stand up on the dock. there is a few more, the best part of the movie to me was Robert Englund
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: