Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 11:42:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "They're all crazy!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 64289 times)
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:31 PM »

YES! At long last I have opened the eyes of this once blind man so that he may now SEE! Loc, you totally nailed it, of course, agreeing with the Jet is usually an easy ticket to getting it right, lol.
LMAO, u a funny guy Jet!
But yeah for real though, I still like FVJ, it just could've been so much better with a better Jason! Can you imagine Kane Hodder getting to do that first Bed Sandwich kill in the beginning?? I bet that one kill right there would've been one of the best ever witnessed in a Jason movie if Kane did it! His portrayal of Jason is just one of the best IMO
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »

I agree that kane got snubbed out of FvJ..that bed sandwich would have been WAY better if kane had done it..
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »

f Kane had done the bed sandwich or the punk spearing at the rave they would be mentioned as two of the baddest kills in series history. But, that's just the difference when the match is Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes instead of Ric Flair vs. Butt Buttkissinson. We deserve another Freddy vs. Jason movie, only this time no jobbers allowed! The Jet is looking at you, Yu-Suck! You too, Buttkissinson! Hey, the Jet hasn't forgotten about you either Jackie Earle Chester! No jobbers! We as fans are OWED Englund vs. Hodder with either Craven or Cunningham or some other horror icon directing! I for one think we should email New Line en masse and raise hell until we get it, too! Who's with me?
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »

Englund VS Hodder is definitely what they owe us! But hey Jet, don't go so hard on JEH, he actually did a good job filling the shoes of my favorite horror icon, it's not his fault the script and the make up he was given wasn't what it should have been! As Freddy though he was good! But yeah I'm with ya on seeing Englund VS Hodder
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »

Englund VS Hodder is definitely what they owe us! But hey Jet, don't go so hard on JEH, he actually did a good job filling the shoes of my favorite horror icon, it's not his fault the script and the make up he was given wasn't what it should have been! As Freddy though he was good! But yeah I'm with ya on seeing Englund VS Hodder
good post , locda !!
i agree with you on all your points .
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »

I will grant Haley a small reprieve, as his jobber status was not entirely his fault, and a lot of it was caused by the shitty makeup job they did on him.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »

a lot of it was caused by the shitty makeup job they did on him.

You can say that again! That and the change of backstory is my main beef with the remake, but as I've said earlier, if you can look past that, the remake is actually pretty good
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »

You can say that again! That and the change of backstory is my main beef with the remake, but as I've said earlier, if you can look past that, the remake is actually pretty good

All things considered, I think a temporary reprieve of jobber status is in order. But, JEH will remain on jobber probation until further notice, lol. Though it was hard to even talk about naming Rorscach a jobber. Painful!
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »

All things considered, I think a temporary reprieve of jobber status is in order. But, JEH will remain on jobber probation until further notice, lol. Though it was hard to even talk about naming Rorscach a jobber. Painful!
Man Rorshach was the shit in Watchmen, he was my favorite character in the whole movie, too bad they had to kill him, they should've killed that other dude instead who plotted the giant explosion....
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »

Man Rorshach was the shit in Watchmen, he was my favorite character in the whole movie, too bad they had to kill him, they should've killed that other dude instead who plotted the giant explosion....

That would've been quite a huge change from the the graphic novels, but I also would've liked to see Rorschach live. He's also my favorite character from the comics, but he represented the old way of how the world was and there is no way he could've lived unfortunately.

I'm not the biggest fan of either the F13th or Nightmare remakes, they weren't bad but they weren't awesome either. Watchable, I did like some of the things Jackie did but I was hoping that the remakes would've been a nice start to try and do things differently. At the same time though try and build a fan base for new ideas, films so that we could possibly have a new Freddy vs Jason if the movies were set in a good enough motion.

I would've liked to see both films reference places, characters, or some sort of connection to tie the series together like the newest Marvel movies. I know it was in the original draft for the Nightmare script that Quentin mentions he use to go to Camp Crystal Lake, it took place during the library scene but they've decided not to go that route. Freddy vs Jason would have been perfect if it was set when Kane and Robert were in their prime, unfortunately they botched that up, and now we have some sort of Fruit Cake gift that fans wanted..but when they got it it left a bitter taste in their mouth.
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »

. Freddy vs Jason would have been perfect if it was set when Kane and Robert were in their prime, unfortunately they botched that up, and now we have some sort of Fruit Cake gift that fans wanted..but when they got it it left a bitter taste in their mouth.

Fruitcake, that's an awesome analogy, SK! I think in this case with what we got the wanting was far better than the getting.
mike ferrer
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »

Hmmm I feel like Robert Englund played his part great.  Off camera problems don't effect the movie for the viewer.  Jason looked horrible in this one though.
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2011, 09:33:41 AM »

Hmmm I feel like Robert Englund played his part great.  Off camera problems don't effect the movie for the viewer.  Jason looked horrible in this one though.

That's due to the real Jason being gone and a JOBBER being used in his place.
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »

Jason looked horrible in this one though.

Yes. Jason does not look like Jason at all. He looks more like a scarecrow from the movie "Night of the Scarecrow"/  Leatherface

mike ferrer
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »

That's due to the real Jason being gone and a JOBBER being used in his place.
lol no doubt.  it seems like Jason kept gettin cooler looking as time went on and then they totally fucked it up with that oversized head or undersized mask. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: