Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 11:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason belongs in hell, and I'm gonna see he gets there"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 61996 times)
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »

I love Freddy vs. Jason.I just wish they had a definitive winner but I guess this was the best way to go so they wouldn't piss off the fans from either series.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »

Question about Blake's Fathers death...

I'm going to assume it was Jason that killed him, as I believe Freddy doesn't have power yet, and Jason IS there to kill Blake a few moments later, but why then didn't he kill Blake right away?

i always think the same thing.. JV kills his dad(and manages not to get a drop of blood ANYWHERE!)..carefully places his dads head BACK on his body.. then hides in the corner of the porch till blake wakes up... i cant really say JV didnt kill him cause hes "under freddys power".. cause not much later.. he kills Gibb while shes passed out(notice the homage to friday13 pt 2 with the double impalement? Grin)right before freddy is about to kill her...also..

lori/will were 2 of the worst characters ever in  horror history...

the metal music during the fight scenes/title screen definitely sets it up for a younger audience(boo!)

and...

ANOES is set  in Ohio... CCL  in new jersey.. thats at least a 10 hr ride by car(google maps Grin)..and JV walks there??  they make no mention of that in the film( the distance between the 2 towns). theyre just like " Oh.. we need to go to CCL"... and drive there like its 30 min away...
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »

ANOES is set  in Ohio... CCL  in new jersey.. thats at least a 10 hr ride by car(google maps Grin)..and JV walks there??  they make no mention of that in the film( the distance between the 2 towns). theyre just like " Oh.. we need to go to CCL"... and drive there like its 30 min away...

Well it wasn't until Freddy's dead that it took place in Ohio, if u watch the special features of the ANOES box set, they tell you that Elm Street and Springwood is a fictional town in Southern California and that's why if you watch the first 5 that you actually see Palm Trees... Who ever made Freddy's dead didn't look in to the back story too well and made the movie about Springwood being in the wrong state...

Anyway, think of how long that drive would've been if they were driving from there...
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »

Well it wasn't until Freddy's dead that it took place in Ohio, if u watch the special features of the ANOES box set, they tell you that Elm Street and Springwood is a fictional town in Southern California and that's why if you watch the first 5 that you actually see Palm Trees... Who ever made Freddy's dead didn't look in to the back story too well and made the movie about Springwood being in the wrong state...

Anyway, think of how long that drive would've been if they were driving from there...

i too own the encyclopedia disc Smiley

yeah.. but in freddys dead.. freddy leaves john doe at springwood.. which is in ohio... along with the thompson house.. what im saying.. that in the films.. the setting is in ohio.. regardless if the prior films say it or not..
Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2010, 05:54:09 PM »

You know, I never liked this movie, and I still slam it, but as I look back on it now, after having become accustomed to the thought-process of those in the industry, this was probably the best Freddy vs. Jason film we could have gotten. The movie sucked, but it was never intended to grace AFI's Top 100 list. It was meant to be a potboiler, and it was.

Most of us hate the movie, but we all saw it. And half of us have it sitting on our DVD shelves. This movie was like a stupid practical joke, but it was a joke we all fell for.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »

I never expected high art from this, but come on the script they had was pretty damn good and it brought the characters together in a logical way that made sense. All the other scripts were trying to reinvent the characters into something they weren't.

I think Ronny Yu and some of the producers really botched what could've been a classic fun cheese ride. Because as it stands it's just a bad movie. And I'm proud to say that I don't own it.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2010, 08:23:58 AM »

You know, I never liked this movie, and I still slam it, but as I look back on it now, after having become accustomed to the thought-process of those in the industry, this was probably the best Freddy vs. Jason film we could have gotten. The movie sucked, but it was never intended to grace AFI's Top 100 list. It was meant to be a potboiler, and it was.

Most of us hate the movie, but we all saw it. And half of us have it sitting on our DVD shelves. This movie was like a stupid practical joke, but it was a joke we all fell for.
i agree with your entire comment Batty !
and yeah , we all fell for it !!  lol
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 05:46:15 AM »

i too own the encyclopedia disc Smiley

yeah.. but in freddys dead.. freddy leaves john doe at springwood.. which is in ohio... along with the thompson house.. what im saying.. that in the films.. the setting is in ohio.. regardless if the prior films say it or not..

I just rewatched the original after watching the remake today and there's even California license plates and when they're at the cemetery at Rod's funeral and you can see that it's clearly taking place in California, and after that I googled "Nightmare on Elm Street california to ohio and found this

"Q: In Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, Springwood is listed as being in Ohio. I thought it was in California. Why the change?

A: The first Nightmare was originally written as taking place in a California suburb - though it's not mentioned in the actual film. In the second film, a name is given to the suburb: Springwood. In an effort to keep Springwood the typical "small American neighborhood," no state was officially mentioned. It wasn't until the production of the television series "Freddy's Nightmares" that Springwood would evolve into a singular town in Ohio. New Line executive, and often scriptwriter, Michael De Luca placed the town in Ohio as homage to Nightmare creator Wes Craven, who was born in Cleveland. After the series' run, De Luca wrote Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, which officially placed Springwood in the state of Ohio."

So I guess it's the TV series that screwed up the location and made the error.. You can see in both 1 and 2 and I think even 3 that it takes place in CA, but after that is where Springwood changed it's location

Here's the link to where I found the info:
http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/nightmarefaq.html
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »

I just rewatched the original after watching the remake today and there's even California license plates and when they're at the cemetery at Rod's funeral and you can see that it's clearly taking place in California, and after that I googled "Nightmare on Elm Street california to ohio and found this

"Q: In Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, Springwood is listed as being in Ohio. I thought it was in California. Why the change?

A: The first Nightmare was originally written as taking place in a California suburb - though it's not mentioned in the actual film. In the second film, a name is given to the suburb: Springwood. In an effort to keep Springwood the typical "small American neighborhood," no state was officially mentioned. It wasn't until the production of the television series "Freddy's Nightmares" that Springwood would evolve into a singular town in Ohio. New Line executive, and often scriptwriter, Michael De Luca placed the town in Ohio as homage to Nightmare creator Wes Craven, who was born in Cleveland. After the series' run, De Luca wrote Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, which officially placed Springwood in the state of Ohio."

So I guess it's the TV series that screwed up the location and made the error.. You can see in both 1 and 2 and I think even 3 that it takes place in CA, but after that is where Springwood changed it's location

Here's the link to where I found the info:
http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/nightmarefaq.html

thats kool and all.. and makes sense.. but the way i look at it  is that its no different than halloween being shot in california and set in illilois.. i mean we can see palm trees in the background and they had to paint leaves and use squash for pumkins....that sort of thing..
vorheesnut
New Blood

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

I just read an article about Douglas Tait that Jason Fury wrote. Is anyone else as shocked as I was that another actor, Douglas Tait played Jason in the ending scene of the movie? I never heard about this guy before, but he has done a ton of films. That is one of the best scenes in the movie, and Ken didn't even play Jason in it. How funny is that!!!
His facebook page has some cool pictures of his other monster characters. http://on.fb.me/ajc96q
  Jason Pt. 9
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »

Can anyone tell me what the hell this is???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745919/

Jason Vs. Leatherface?
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

Can anyone tell me what the hell this is???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745919/

Jason Vs. Leatherface?

its a fan film... just click the ltiitle icon that says watch video..

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1813223705/
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »

I hate this movie so much. I am a huge fan of the Friday-13, but this film was a real mockery. It is stupid, very histrionic, and it has no respect for the original Friday-13,
Ronny Y should burn in hell for what he did

jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »

I hate this movie so much. I am a huge fan of the Friday-13, but this film was a real mockery. It is stupid, very histrionic, and it has no respect for the original Friday-13,
Ronny Y should burn in hell for what he did

right on dude... this movie really did suck... they turned JV into a mindless stiff walking puppet..
Stan Below
Lifeguard

« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »

right on dude... this movie really did suck... they turned JV into a mindless stiff walking puppet..

It was all Ronny Y, he a complete lack of talent at creating a horror movie. Why producers chose this nerd? He has never directed a good horror movie, just some comedy shit and stupid action films. He is not the creator of horror, so why him?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: