Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 18, 2017, 01:45:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Hey Slappy! Got a little something for ya"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Freddy Vs Jason Discussion  (Read 64415 times)
atlarman
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »

head to head...yeah pretty much heh
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:34 AM »

Just saw this film for the first time last night.

Overall I was disappointed but there were parts that I liked.

I liked the look of Jason with the stringy hair. He looked like a walking corpse. I liked the scenes in the cornfield reminded me of "Children of the Corn" and when Jason appears in the cornfield he looks like a scarecrow-very creepy. I liked the dream sequence which gave more insight into Jason's drowning. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but the dream sequence shows that other children were responsible for throwing Jason into the lake and thus for his drowning. I liked Freddy tricking Jason into believing Freddy was his mother reminds me of the Devil tempting Adam in the Garden of Eden.

Parts I didn't like

I thought the battle sequences between Freddy and Jason were boring for the most part. I didn't like Jason coming into Elm Street it should have been the other way round. Traumatised victims of Freddy should have been in some type of therapy/retreat at Camp Crystal Lake.  Freddy raises Jason there to give him power in the kids dreams.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2008, 04:15:04 AM »

You know there was a reject Script that had them be at Crystal Lake but New Line did not use it
LewdIntentions
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2008, 01:54:14 AM »

I liked Jason walking on Elm Street. That image of his shadow on the ground near the street sign sticks out in my head to this day.

Definitely a huge memorable moment in movie history.
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2008, 03:11:52 AM »

Untrue...How would Jason have dreamed of Freddy in the very beginning? He was in some sort of unconcious state...just like he would have been after being injured in the end of the film as he sinks to the bottom of the lake. Thus it was a dream.

Simply put, he was in Hell, since the opening sequences of the film clearly connect to the end of Jason Goes To Hell (he even pulls himself up from underground, in much the same fashion as he was pulled down in). We don't know how the 'rules' of Hell operate.
LewdIntentions
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2008, 03:15:32 AM »

Which is why I feel the opening sequence works so well.

The movie has descrepancies, like most horror, but it's easy to put up with it when you're a fan like me.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »

Simply put, he was in Hell, since the opening sequences of the film clearly connect to the end of Jason Goes To Hell (he even pulls himself up from underground, in much the same fashion as he was pulled down in). We don't know how the 'rules' of Hell operate.

If you believe in hell...otherwise he was just under the ground hybernating - and dreaming
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:48 AM »

If you believe in hell...otherwise he was just under the ground hybernating - and dreaming

I don't believe in Hell myself, but it clearly exists in the continuity of Friday the 13th.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »

But obivously he wasn't really dragged to hell, sure those creatures came out in JGTH and pulled him down, but we see that he wasn't even pulled down that far.
atlarman
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »

uh, Kat, exactly HOW Far underground would hell be then? (Sarcastically joking)
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 06:30:03 AM »

The way I see it, the creatures didn't pull Jason completely down to hell but his soul rather, he body was always 6 feet under but it is his spirit which has to suffer in hell.

Dark
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »

Well, the misconception is that hell is like the center of the earth - at least for a lot of people. Others believe its a state of mind/dreamstate lol
LewdIntentions
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 02:19:22 AM »

Hell sucks, I don't care where it is, I hope it's not real and I'm not headed there. The last thing I want to know is it's location. Not like I'll be needing it.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 05:47:49 AM »

The way I see it, the creatures didn't pull Jason completely down to hell but his soul rather, he body was always 6 feet under but it is his spirit which has to suffer in hell.

Dark

I believe Dark is right well when it comes to Hell in the Freddy vs Jason movie. His spirit could be in hell but his body just be like 6 feet under ground
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

True, but they made it a dreamstate sort of thing...I guess it could really work either way...but I still say the ending is a dream
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: