Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 14, 2017, 10:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason drowned, Mrs. Voorhees was killed and Camp Crystal Lake is off limits"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 58528 times)
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

the idea didnt stink at all.. it just came across a little silly on film... if it were filmed differently.. with some better music.. it would have been better.. and maybe even scary...
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »

just got done watching....

i didnt like the opening credits with the coroner's cheezy remarks or jasons sprirt or whatever transfers into him.. .....the music still bothers me..it really doesnt give it a scary feel.. it really gives it more of the comedic vibe....the script writing wasnt that badl... but i disliked jessica... i didnt find her convincing... throughout most of the movie she refers to her own daughter as "the baby".. a parent.. a mother no less.. wouldnt  refer to her own child as that...

we need to know more about duke... right before he dies he says "remember me?".. id like to know what JV could possibly remember him from lol..

EDIT: just read up that the original script read that JV at one point murders dukes GF...

and after the demon creature thing crawls into diana.... and JV bursts from the floor.. how was clothed and masked?...

i do have to admit.. i didnt  dislike it as much as i had in the past... it is high in gore..  has some funny parts.. how it differs from say pt 4 or 6... is that those are funny.. but they still have that element of spookiness that this one lacks.. and i think a big part if that is due to the super cheeze music....

the story didnt bother me really at all this time through.. i think after hearing what other members of the forum who enjoy this film had to say.. i gave it another run through with those things in mind...and i was able to see it in a different perspective.. but it still felt more like a comedy with the horror on the back burner...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 07:15:02 PM by jimmyd » Logged
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:41 PM »

hahah im watching twister right now on tbs.. and noticed that the mom at the beginning was none other than Rusty Schwimmer ( Joey B.) from JGTH.... she plays small roles in a bunch of stuff too   haha..

FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »

LOL!

Yeah, she played the cop that makes Virginia Madsen disrobe in Candyman.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

Then for that we all owe Rusty a dept.

Honestly, she had a great character in Jason Goes to Hell and really played it convincing. I think she is a great actress.

I think that the two best characters in Jason Goes to Hell were Duke and Joey B.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »

I liked Vicki too. She was pretty damn good with that shotgun.  Cool

Update:

Why does Sean Cunningham seem to blame Adam Marcus for JGTH shortcomings? Did the two have a falling out or something over the years?

Look Adam made some mistakes as a first time director but Sean supported that story all the way regardless of what he say's in the Crystal Lake Memories Book. I think Sean likes to try to save face a lot if you ask me and put it off on other people.

Other than that JGTH rocks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:10:01 AM by FvJsucked79 » Logged
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »

this film was ummmmm , different !
wish we had more of JV , and i hated the body jumping theme , but it still had some good scenes IMO

Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »

I love Jason Goes to Hell. For one thing, it had a story. It wasn't just get some teenagers alone in the woods and pick them off one by one. There was an actual plot. The characters were older and more fleshed out than in any other Friday movie. It was like it was geared to a slightly more mature audience--the people who'd seen the older movies way back when and were now a bit older and more sophisticated.

Plus, the kills were just brutal, at least in the unrated version. That scene where the girl is speared through the chest while riding her boyfriend and then ripped in half? Oh, that was beyond awesome.

Oh, and the actress that played Joey B. aside, the actor playing Robert would go on to star as Bree's husband in the first season of Desperate Housewives. A little, pointless factoid for you to chew over.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »

it had some interesting stuff  for sure , but it strayed too far from all the things most true fans love about F13th .

i'm a die hard fan , and like all the movies , but this and JGTH were weak IMO. the proof is in the box office #'s .

it's no secret that these movies were all about that killer opening weekend at the cinema . the 2009 remake was huge , and this is not by accident ! it was vintage style Jason , with a modern feel .

can't wait for more in this vein .
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »

I love that JGTH changed it up a bit, gave him more mythology, and still to me stuck to the originals.
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »

hahah im watching twister right now on tbs.. and noticed that the mom at the beginning was none other than Rusty Schwimmer ( Joey B.) from JGTH.... she plays small roles in a bunch of stuff too   haha..

little bit of funny when her character's death in JGTH that im watching that in other day.
maSta prAylude
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:41 AM »

I caught what I'm guessing was the last airing of Jason goes to Hell, on AMC yesterday evening.   

I use to despise this film. From watching it and actually paying attention to it. I fell in love with it. It's a very fun movie. The only thing I didn't like was...

Spoiler (hover to show)

I really enjoyed the film, though. It had a very interesting twist throughout the whole movie.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:17 AM »

watched this the other night.... and just picked up on the fact that at the end.. when Jess meets Duke at the Ol' Voorhees house...he finally givers her "the baby"(that annoys me that throuout the entire film.. they address Stephanie as , the baby).. then proceeds to throw that huge friggin dagger at her!! ya she caught it.. but dude.. shes holding a baby! lol.. and then right ifater Jess says, "I dont know, i dont want to put my baby in anymore danger".. he just threw a f*&kin dagger at you while your holding your only child! lol.. i dunno.. i just thought that part was crazy...as if the entire movie itself isnt lol  Grin
maSta prAylude
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2010, 03:40:54 AM »

lol, that's pretty funny..
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »

True that but the dagger and the girl had a supernatural connection and i think duke knew the dagger would not hit the baby if that makes any sense
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: