Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 22, 2017, 06:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "This is a rave, not a Halloween party!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 56590 times)
mangler
New Blood

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »

This one was stupid. I liked that they pretty much jettisoned 8 and moved ahead wit the story of Jason at Crystal lake. But that's about it. Jason in his rare screentime looks dumb wit that bumpy ass head. And the body possession shit did nothin for me but get me longin for authentic Jason. A lotta the sequels get shit on for bein rehashes, but I'd rather they stayed wit the ol winnin formula than try this demonic spirit shit. Even the excess gore couldn't save this one for me.
Black_Panther
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2009, 04:23:16 AM »

Just finished watching this one earlier today. Haven't seen it since I was little on VHS with my sister and her man lol It's weird how much I remember from this movie, even though it's been like 10 years since I last saw it.

I've kinda always avoided this one, even though I had only seen it once way back in the day, I've always had this impression that it was this cheesy, stupid, ugly film. After finally watching it again, I am 50/50 on it. I actually kinda liked it, but one thing I noticed is how friggen dark some of the scenes were! You could hardly see anything during some of the night scenes. That was annoying. But whatever, I thought the plot was kinda good and what really caught my attention was how most if not all of the characters linked together in a way. The 3 random campers, Debbie, Alexis and that guy with the hairy chest were obviously just there to raise the body count, but the fact that Steven was the one who gave them a ride to CCL..dunno I just thought it was good considering in most Friday films there will be random groups or pairs of people who are just randomly thrown into the films with no interaction or relation to any of the main characters and are just there to die. At least in this case, these three campers who did eventually die, are shown with Steven - one of the main characters and we know it's not just random. Although it kinda is. Whatever.

I really liked Jason's look in this one, it was sick and actually scary, especially in the opening scene. What I really disliked was the whole sci-fi shit at the end with the lights...if there's one thing I hate about horror movies, its ones that turn sci-fi halfway through and kill the mood. REALISTIC SCENARIOS ARE MUCH MORE CREEPIER PEOPLE!!! Argh, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that part.

OMG check out the dude from Desperate Housewives! Holy crap I was surprised haha here's me thinking these are a bunch of actors I'd never see nowadays Tongue
cbgamer4life
Victim

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2009, 05:20:54 AM »

Yes this entry to the series didn't really do it for me either, be thankful they didn't leave the stuff they deleted in it  Roll Eyes

Love it when Jason finally appears at the end though and the 'set up' for Freddy vs Jason when Freddy grabs Jason's mask........
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2009, 12:57:50 PM »

Black_Panther makes great points. Jason Goes To Hell is my second favorite in the franchise behind The Final Chapter. The unrated version is awesome and has the most gore in the franchise. Jason's look is great in this movie and I think it might be my favorite. This movie needs more credit than it gets.
Ferky
Lifeguard

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »

Just watched this one tonight and its definately one of the worst ones, to pretty much take jason out of a friday film is stupid, i didnt like "his soul" jumping from one body to the next. I understand that they wanted to try something different but this didnt work at all.

Some other things that were stupid, at the end when jason is fighting steven instead of trying to kill him he just seems intent on having a brawl with him most people dont last 2 seconds against him let alone some gimpy douchbag who has multiple broken fingers, like when he grabs the spade off him he throws it to the ground instead of smashing his face in with it, also when hes trying to pull steven into hell with him jessica seems to out muscle jason by pulling steven to safety? lol

The only slightly redeeming part of the film is that some of the kills are pretty cool (like the spike impale in the tent) and i think the fact that it was done in the 90's and seemed to be able to get away with alot more gore so the good stuff wasnt cut out.

But other than that this film is pretty dire to say the least.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »

I gotta side with jasonsfury on this one. When i was younger i thought it was ok, but now days i really enjoy it. The movie was very well made imo, the actors, the kills, the super natural story and of course duke the bounty hunter all did a perfect job on making this movie really good imo. I like when they try something new and go against the grain and this movie did the job for me.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »

Jason Goes to Hell has production values, acting ability, and story line over most of the series. It is like Wes Craven's New Nightmare in that it is more of a film then what we are used to seeing in the series.
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »

I don't think that this film is that bad, there are definitely worse films out there (Curse of Michael Myers) Whether or not it is what the fans were expecting though it certainly delivered in two categories. As many stated the acting is great, and the gore is top notch. It would have been a lot better had Jason been in the movie longer but I'm not complaining. Although the rest of the film after Jason is destroyed has a strong Terminator vibe Example: An unstoppable force chasing after a woman while a love interest protects her to the best of his ability. That aside the film has plenty of merits for an average horror fan to enjoy.
jasonsfury
Camp Cook

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:39 PM »

I think it's pretty cool that some of you are able to find the positive points of this movie. Yes, it is completely out there compared to the other movies that came before it. However, I appreciate the fact that they set the movie back ast Crystal Lake, tried to bring a backstory to the Jason character and had balls to the wall action and gore. Very fun movie to watch.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »

don't think that this film is that bad, there are definitely worse films out there (Curse of Michael Myers

I think Jason Goes to Hell is a very good horror film. It is not what you would expect from the Friday the 13th movie, but I see that as a good thing.

As far as Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, it is easily one of the best of the Halloween series. The story line goes over the heads of most fans.

I appreciate the fact that they set the movie back ast Crystal Lake, tried to bring a backstory to the Jason character and had balls to the wall action and gore. Very fun movie to watch

That is what I'm talking about. If you are a gore fan, Jason Goes to Hell is your movie. The gore factor of the unrated cut even rivals such gore classics as Romero's Day of the Dead.

The one thing I always read is that people don't like this movie because they don't get to see Jason that much. Well, you don't see Jason that much in Parts 2-4 either, but those are everyone's favorites. Hell he isn't even in Part 1 aside from the ending. Nor is Jason even in Part 5. Jason didn't start getting a lot of screen time until Part 6.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »

Yeah thats true, in 2-4 u dont get to see him until the end of each movie, all u get to see b4 that is through jason's own eyes when he kills his victims. Jgth had alot of good things going, the gore was great as said b4 and the suspence was there too. There was also more story than a lot of the past sequels and when jason is actually on screen, his look was really cool too.
Spectre1428
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »

As far as Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, it is easily one of the best of the Halloween series. The story line goes over the heads of most fans.

Not to turn this into a Halloween Curse thread but that statement made me chuckle a little to myself. I have seen both the theatrical, and the producer cut versions..both are very flawed and make little to no sense. But at least the producer's cut explains some things which were quickly brushed over in the theatrical version. I'm not a fan of the Chunky Myers in this film, or the whole thorn sub-plot and I know not everyone is a fan of the Thorn storyline. So it does come down to people that are purists to the series original timeline, and those who prefer the detour of the subplot presented in 4-6.

Back to JGTH however, it is very similar to the Curse of Michael Myers..in the sense that it goes off in a completely new direction and features a beefy version of our main star. This movie, strange as it may be was very entertaining from start to finish and the main cast wasn't half bad but it would have been interesting to have Agent Marcus return in some point in the film or show more of the FBI. I know that their job was finished in the beginning of the film, but you would think that if they received intel that someone was going around killing people with Jason's flair that they would be right on top of it..it doesn't take anything away from the film though.
slashfreak
New Blood

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2010, 06:50:10 PM »

The "Heart Eating" and the "body jumping" didn't do it for me, however, I did enjoy the movie.  It's hard not to enjoy a Jason movie, even if you think it sort of sucked, you don't want to admit it...
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »

The "Heart Eating" and the "body jumping" didn't do it for me, however, I did enjoy the movie.  It's hard not to enjoy a Jason movie, even if you think it sort of sucked, you don't want to admit it...

LOL.. i feel the same way... and i force myself(not really) to watch them.. even though the do kinda suck... ive got a soft spot for em...
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »

Black_Panther makes great points. Jason Goes To Hell is my second favorite in the franchise behind The Final Chapter. The unrated version is awesome and has the most gore in the franchise. Jason's look is great in this movie and I think it might be my favorite. This movie needs more credit than it gets.

I wouldn't rank this as my second favorite in the series, but on the gore points, you are right. Also the gore was very well done. It was real and plentiful and to this day it is still the goriest of the series. I think it can even rival such movies as Romero's Day of the Dead in that department.

I enjoyed their fresh interpretation of Jason in this one. There is no point in bitching about it because the idea didn't stick. It was only for one movie and I think it was a welcome change for the time. We got our classic Jason back anyway so there is really no need to complain about this movie now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: