Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 13, 2017, 05:34:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We weren't doing anything..."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 58499 times)
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 09:45:18 AM »

"We could have pickle, but we couldn't have angry pickle." lol
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »

I think this is the only friday with a commentary that I haven't watched yet! Oops
kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »

Kat, you have to watch it with the commentary.  It is great.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

I think the Jason Goes to Hell commentary is probably my absolute favorite Friday the 13th commentary to date.

These guys just had so much fun watching the film and talking about it and the memories of making it, that it was just awesome.

I don't really see the harm in them making a film that was different then the rest of the series. At the time it was a fresh idea in the series, and with the remake, we have the classic enviornment and Jason character back anyway.

Jason has always been a character where you can take come liberties with. He has always had that comic book fiction kind of quality to him. So, for a few films they used different ideas, but it was only inevitable that they would eventually go back to camp anyway.
Brimstone
Counselor

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »

I'm watching this for the first time in I don't know how long.Its been at least a year anyway and while its not my favorite of the series,I've always liked it even with its lack of Jason.I did like the body hopping but think they could have come up with a better way besides the Hellbaby.I never got to see this in the theater but I remember when it first came on the PPV channels here.The sound came in perfectly and the picture came in good enough that I could make out what was going on so I must have watched it at least 4 times that day or at least listened to it anyway.Then that night my mom ordered it and I actually got to watch it.I always wished that they had brought Steven and Jessica back in a future movie but sadly it never happened.Out of all the people Jason possessed in the movie,I think Robert (Steven Culp) acted the most Jason like out of all of them.I'm glad I decided to watch this tonight.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 11:27:10 PM »

Steven Culp did a good job...it was REALLY weird watching him on Desperate Housewives!
24HourTerror
Camp Cook

In The Chat Room I'm Fridayfafan13.

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:17 AM »

yea i agree he was the best.
and yea i really wanted them to come back in future movies too.
but not alot of people in the series come back for more sequels.
only jason, and alice and (if you count amy steel in the beginning of part 3 well thats not really her coming back but whatever) oh yea and corey feldman in part 5,.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »

The only characters who ever came back were Alice and Crazy Ralph in Part 2, but only to be killed in it, Mrs. Voorhees in that scene in Part 3 (ghost, dream, hallucintaion? whatever, I still consider it a return despite the context), and Tommy Jarvis being in Parts 4-6.

It would have been nice to actually see Steven and Jessice and the baby return in a sequel to Jason Goes to Hell. I actually would have liked to see both Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X be two film story arcs, the way they do two or six part comic book story arcs. I would have LOVED to see Uber-Jason on Earth 2.
atlarman
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

I have to say up front about this movie....When I first saw it in like '94,I was like WTF is new line doin to the series....tryin to kill it off?? Over the years most of my objections are still there....I E jason is barely in it/ It feels like a rip off of 'the hidden instead of a friday film ....ETC, but Ive got to step back and say I realize they were tryin somethin 'new' w the franchise AND THAT I GOTTA SAY I RESPECT EM FOR ! it takes guts to go against the eexpected grain- sometimes it works ....and sometimes it doesnt! This times I gotta say for the most part It didnt. (It COULD have - but as is the case w/many of the later Fridays-and IMO the REMAKE as well ....They took a decent idea and totally half -assed it w....too many plot/story holes/cheats and a 'slashed budget....and I feel that C. duke was a goldmine of a charater that they shouldve gone deeper with. ala recurring charater akin to tommy jarvis. but "woulda coulda shoulda right?
 Im left wondering if we the fans are EVER gonna see another REALLY GREAT friday....or just continued to get fleaced and milk for every dime and short changed in the theatre???
**FOR THE RECORD- I DIDNT hate either this film OR THE REmake- Ive just always felt each couldve (and shouldve)been more.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:28:30 AM by atlarman » Logged
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

I still don't like JGTH or Jason X, they messed with the formula too much.  New Line wanted to try new things and speaking for myself ... it didn't work.

I still watch them when I do my own little F-13 marathons, but I can't help but feel like they really screwed up the series.  At least LL Cool J wasn't in it.  LOL
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2009, 09:26:18 AM »

I still don't like JGTH or Jason X, they messed with the formula too much.  New Line wanted to try new things and speaking for myself ... it didn't work.

I still watch them when I do my own little F-13 marathons, but I can't help but feel like they really screwed up the series.  At least LL Cool J wasn't in it.  LOL

i agree that both X and JGTH put a dent in the franchise...along with FvJ...but i too watch them when i do F-13 marathon/mini marathon/watch with kat haha.....but i do like L.L.Cool J in H20.. his adult novel was hilarious... Smiley
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 10:59:11 AM »

i agree that both X and JGTH put a dent in the franchise...along with FvJ...but i too watch them when i do F-13 marathon/mini marathon/watch with kat haha.....but i do like L.L.Cool J in H20.. his adult novel was hilarious... Smiley

LL is better than busta...but I dont think FvsJ hurt the series at all-It did well in theaters and showed there was still enough interest to make more sequels
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

LL is better than busta...but I dont think FvsJ hurt the series at all-It did well in theaters and showed there was still enough interest to make more sequels

i didnt like lorior most of the characters in FvJ.. everything between freddy and JV wasnt bad.. but the surrounding elements were weak IMO..
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »

i didnt like lorior most of the characters in FvJ.. everything between freddy and JV wasnt bad.. but the surrounding elements were weak IMO..

Yeah I agree,im just talking about numbers.They were talking about FvJ since like 1987 and thats the best they could come up with?
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »

this movie is more for laughs  when i watch it... most of em are.. but this one.. and jason x are more silly.. not like part 6.. part 6 was good Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: