Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 21, 2017, 06:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason was my son, and today is his birthday"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 56531 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« on: June 14, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

Probably the movie I hate the most, mainly cause Jason isn't in it for long...just isn't the same. I think its also the movie I've seen the least...well other then FvsJ
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »

Contrary to Kat, this is among my favorite entries in the series.

Of all the Friday movies that tried to do something 'different' with Jason (and I'd rank all of the movies after and including Jason Takes Manhattan among those), this probably works the best. It expands on Jason's backstory - the first time in the series this has happened since the first sequel - while not adding anything that totally conflicts with previous entries.

This film is undoubtedly the goriest in the series, to the point that the Unrated version would likely merit an X in theaters. The kills in this movie are likely my favorites in the series, and Jason's design is one of my favorites as well. Furthermore, the acting in this film is by far the best of any of the entries, and the characters are the most likable; this probably has to do with them being a bit older than most of the standard teenage victim fare in the franchise.

I really enjoyed it.
cody
BANNED
Lifeguard

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »

I liked jasons appearence and mask. couldnt get into the movie.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the body jumping. I think it was too much of a leap all of the sudden. Plus out of the blue he's got a house that he lives in...sure that could have been the case in the other films and we just didn't see it...yah...anyhow

All of the sudden he's got family members too that live there, you think we would have known about this a long time ago lol

Overall it just didn't have that classic Friday The 13th feeling to me
shaunford1982
Camp Cook

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »

sean s cunningham needs to be banned from ever being allowed to be involved with any more jason movies.
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »

I have to agree with the "Soul" man in regards to this film.  This is more watchable then some in the series, and the kills are just plain brutal (diner scene).   I also like the Creighton Duke character.     
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »

The movie would had been alot better if they did not have that body hopping crap in it. And Jason was really on what 10-20 minutes? But only thing good come out of the movie is the bad ass Creighton Duke
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

Not me i agree with Kat.Body jumping,black magic,lost sister,annoying bounty hunter?.come on now -ohh and not to mention the ending,the special dagger and the giant hell hands..and the freddy hand...which is funny cause it took them ten more years to actually make the damn movie.I watch becaue of jason and to have him blown up in the very begining of the movie isnt to cool
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »

Not me i agree with Kat.Body jumping,black magic,lost sister,annoying bounty hunter?.come on now -ohh and not to mention the ending,the special dagger and the giant hell hands..and the freddy hand...which is funny cause it took them ten more years to actually make the damn movie.I watch becaue of jason and to have him blown up in the very begining of the movie isnt to cool

Well Said! Like i said only thing i like out of the movie was Creighton Duke and the rest just suck!

also didn't anyone find it funny that Kane Hodder played the role of a Security Guard and Jason killed him
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 01:39:21 AM »

I don't like this movie. Jason's not in it a lot. The body jumping demonic approach just doesn't work in a slasher series. Why does jason suddenly has a step sister and a niece? And why is he suddenly a hellbaby bent on possessing his family? The bounty hunter character is annoying. Why does he knows so much about Jason? We've never seen him before.

The only thing I like about the movie is that it's one of the goriest in the series.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

also didn't anyone find it funny that Kane Hodder played the role of a Security Guard and Jason killed him

I thought it was great that he was in another role, one that made fun of Jason and called him a pussy! That was great.

The movie does have some cool deaths.

On one hand I like Duke, but there are moments in the film where I just don't care about him. And yeah, if they were going to delete the scene explaining that his wife to be was killed by Jason they should have taken out the part where he says "remember me" and then he could have just been a normal bounty hunter.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »

I always wondered why he said that,but beings it was Jason goes to hell, i really could care less
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 02:16:24 AM »

I thought it was great that he was in another role, one that made fun of Jason and called him a pussy! That was great.

The movie does have some cool deaths.

On one hand I like Duke, but there are moments in the film where I just don't care about him. And yeah, if they were going to delete the scene explaining that his wife to be was killed by Jason they should have taken out the part where he says "remember me" and then he could have just been a normal bounty hunter.

They should had kept that in because it then it would tell us why he would say "Remember me" in the movie. I am also with you since they took the scene out of him talking about Jason killed his wife then they should had taken that out too
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 06:32:14 PM »

I go back and forth with the character of Duke...sometimes he seems like a wild cool guy, and other times like a wacky prick.
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 01:57:18 AM »

Can anyone see any similarities between this film and Damien Omen?

I mean the use of the special knife which must be used in order to send Jason to hell. Reminiscent of the final scene of Damien Omen where Gregory Peck attempts to sacrifice his son on the altar of the church.

There are also parallels with Halloween with Jason attempting to kill members of his own family.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: