Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 15, 2017, 05:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We love premarital sex!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 58559 times)
mnknut22
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:49 AM »

look kunt even i said i liked this one WAY back when LOL

LOL finding old posts eh?   
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »

haha yeah its always a good time..i knew i used to like this one alot back in the day..
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

This was one of the first DVD's I owned so I sort of have a soft spot for it. But dammit what the hell were they thinking with this one...
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

It's different yet entertaining !
Not what I expected or wanted , but it is what it is . There's some cool stuff in there ... at times Smiley Haha
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

really? . it felt like a made for tv movie to me.. the music was horrible.. i disliked most of the cast.. they had too many cheezy lines/scenes.. the town using the JV as a cash cow and milkin it for what its worth.. i did like a handful of the kill scenes.. and duke mos def was awesome.. but everyone was a cynical asshole for the most part..

For the longest time whenever I looked it up on imdb.com, they said  it WAS made for tv. I guess I can see why they'd say that but I never saw anywhere from anyone involved that that was the plan.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »

Maybe because the dvd had all those 'alternate tv' scenes ? I don't know for sure , but I think JGTH was always meant for the big screen . It seems really over the top for a tv movie . Most of it would've been cut out anyways ... LOL
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »

Maybe because the dvd had all those 'alternate tv' scenes ? I don't know for sure , but I think JGTH was always meant for the big screen . It seems really over the top for a tv movie . Most of it would've been cut out anyways ... LOL

Good point Hesvor. I'm shocked it didn't say Halloween from back in the day was a made for tv movie as well. That had some 'alternate tv' scenes too.

I can't imagine this movie being made for tv either. The scenes with the campers and the Hellbaby attacking the woman in the basement at the end would never have made it uncensored on tv right?

I thought the movie was very good and I give them credit for trying something different. U don't know what works for the most part until u try something different from what came before. I mean we know the first 8 worked but I mean it's good to try something different from prior times. Sometimes u try stuff that is radically different and the fans like it. Other times, not so much. Either way u don't know what is good and what is bad until u put pen to paper, word to computer, or scene to film or digital.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2014, 10:57:24 PM »

Yup . I think you're right . And I do like JGTH for what it is . I'm not ashamed to have it in my collection at all . I have some fun memories of watching that movie , just like I do with all the other Fridays .

Hats off to them for trying something different . They had been doing that since pt 5 , and arguably , since pt 3 . Some were more well received than others , but they're still part of the F13th legacy .

And I love that legacy !!! Smiley
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »

Yup . I think you're right . And I do like JGTH for what it is . I'm not ashamed to have it in my collection at all . I have some fun memories of watching that movie , just like I do with all the other Fridays .

Hats off to them for trying something different . They had been doing that since pt 5 , and arguably , since pt 3 . Some were more well received than others , but they're still part of the F13th legacy .

And I love that legacy !!! Smiley

I feel the exact same way. They'd been doing different stuff as far back as Part 2 considering Jason being the killer was a big chance they took. If they had even considered that Victor and Sean thought of the ending to the original as a bad dream then we may not have gotten the legacy and hockey mask. I'm glad Steve Miner didn't listen to people who told him Jason was a bad idea. Can't imagine the series without our favorite masked maniac.

I got JGTH on dvd for my birthday and I love every moment of it. I get y some people may not like it but I'm glad like I said b4 that they tried something different. U can only do the same thing so many times b4 people state screaming for new stuff.

However I'm one fan who can watch every movie in the franchise and world never get upset or ask for different stuff. That being said, like I previously posted,  I'm glad they tried something new. U only learn what works and what doesn't by doing new stuff u know? That's how they knew the original Friday and stuff like Nightmare worked. No one had ever seen stuff like that. They ate it up and begged for more. I know I certainly did and continue to do lol!
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »

I feel the exact same way. They'd been doing different stuff as far back as Part 2 considering Jason being the killer was a big chance they took. If they had even considered that Victor and Sean thought of the ending to the original as a bad dream then we may not have gotten the legacy and hockey mask. I'm glad Steve Miner didn't listen to people who told him Jason was a bad idea.
The end is still supposed to be a dream, which is the best excuse for why Jason is grown up in part 2, but I get what you're saying.

And you might be surprised at how many successful ideas in movies were though to be bad ideas. For example in a documentary for the the James Bond films (I believe it was called Everything or Nothing 50 Years of James Bond) the author Ian Flemming met up with someone when he was trying to make the books into films. Well the person he met with said they wouldn't make good movies, which sounded insulting to the author and didn't help things. I'm sure that person ate their words later on when the movies became popular.
Donnyd1972
New Blood

« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »

This is by far the worst movie in the series. I watched it one time and bought the DVD, but only because you can't just skip it. Besides, what's up with moving Camp Crystal Lake to Connecticut all of a sudden? Friday the 13th parts 1- 5 at least had some continuity to them... This one just came out of left field.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »

Jason Goes to Hell was not a made for TV film. Production value on that film was higher then on any previous film in the franchise. The reason they filmed those "made for TV scenes" is because even in it's theatrical version, you would have to cut SO MUCH out of it to be fit to be shown on TV that they needed more scenes to fill in the time gap.
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2014, 01:05:46 PM »

That makes sense, for the nineties.  I can't imagine anyone nowadays actually adding extra scenes to pad running time for TV, considering how much movies are chopped down already, in order to maximize commercial times.  A 100-minute movie playing in a two-hour time slot is probably less than 90 minutes after editing to cram in more commercials.
mnknut22
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:06 PM »

This is by far the worst movie in the series. I watched it one time and bought the DVD, but only because you can't just skip it. Besides, what's up with moving Camp Crystal Lake to Connecticut all of a sudden? Friday the 13th parts 1- 5 at least had some continuity to them... This one just came out of left field.

umm no. parts 1-5 dont have alot of continuity to them.  maybe 1-4 as far as story goes. but ok, give JGTH for the Connecticut thing, when only part 2 was filmed in Connecticut.  part 3-4 were filmed in california.  So your point for geography of filming is invalid.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2014, 12:51:32 AM »

No matter where they were filmed, there were always license plates on cars for New Jersey. Camp Crystal Lake, plot wise was in NJ, despite film locations.

Crystal Lake was still in NJ in Jason Goes to Hell. Them flying Jason's remains to Ohio in JGTH was because that was a federal morgue, and Jason was a federal fugitive. Plus I think that might have been trying to set it up for Freddy vs. Jason at the time, since Springwood is in Ohio.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: