Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 18, 2017, 04:10:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Would you shut the fuck up!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 56419 times)
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »

Jason is the common denominator . He's the tie that binds . LOL
Jason Voorhees - BTK killer?
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »

I have a question. I looked and didnt see this asked but if it was please forgive me. Watching this movie on Fearfest. When they shiw the hellbaby I think it is in the basement u see boxes that say Arctic Expedition.  Was that supposed to be a nod or wink to John Carpenter's The Thing?
aurllcooljay
Camp Cook

« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

I believe the arctic expedition crate is from the movie Creepshow.
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »

Oh yeah it probably is. Ty for the information. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what the heck it was from!
JasonsHeart
New Blood

« Reply #319 on: November 02, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »

This is one of my favorite films of the series, along with 2, 5, 6, & 7. The body hopping was a nice change, I just wish they'd have brought Jason back a little earlier on. Jason Pt. 9 Duke was great though, it felt like I was watching an X-File, just without Scully and Mulder. Jason's half dead zombie-like appearance was my favorite look of the series as well.

I also don't get how this movie gets bashed for parodying itself, I got that vibe from Jason X more than any other.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »

I also don't get how this movie gets bashed for parodying itself, I got that vibe from Jason X more than any other.

really? . it felt like a made for tv movie to me.. the music was horrible.. i disliked most of the cast.. they had too many cheezy lines/scenes.. the town using the JV as a cash cow and milkin it for what its worth.. i did like a handful of the kill scenes.. and duke mos def was awesome.. but everyone was a cynical asshole for the most part..
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »

I like Duke, but I don't like how he has all this information about Jason and his family, with no explanation of how he's come by said information. 

As for the town cashing in on the legend of Jason--I kinda like this.  It definitely takes Jason in a different direction than being a mysterious backwoods killer no one knows much about, but by the time we're at a "Part IX" I don't see how that's avoidable anyway.
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »

I liked The Duke. He is one of my favorite characters in the series. It never bothered me that his back story never got the explanation of how and why. I think that is very much our 2013 mentality of always wanting to know every single little detail about every back story. I think people have lost the ability to just take something for granted and enjoy the story.

I see The Duke as very much a Van Helsing type character. He probably studied Jason for years before finally setting out to actually challenge him. Also Duke may have been (off screen) at the site after the fact of all the murder sprees.

I enjoyed Jason Goes to Hell as a stand alone film with a unique idea and interpretation of Jason. I am glad they never used that concept again, however I DID enjoy it for one entertaining horror film.
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »

I have no problem with elements being left to the imagination, I just thought the way Duke presented his knowledge seemed very out of left field. 
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »

I liked The Duke. He is one of my favorite characters in the series. It never bothered me that his back story never got the explanation of how and why. I think that is very much our 2013 mentality of always wanting to know every single little detail about every back story. I think people have lost the ability to just take something for granted and enjoy the story.

I see The Duke as very much a Van Helsing type character. He probably studied Jason for years before finally setting out to actually challenge him. Also Duke may have been (off screen) at the site after the fact of all the murder sprees.

I enjoyed Jason Goes to Hell as a stand alone film with a unique idea and interpretation of Jason. I am glad they never used that concept again, however I DID enjoy it for one entertaining horror film.

I believe that Duke's character goes all the way back to part 2.  I think Paul was really Duke incognito, hunting Jason.  When Ginny is frantically asking for him and there is no Paul or even a quick explanation of his whereabouts leads me to believe that he "got out of Dodge" before the authorities arrived.  He vanished before he would have to try to explain to the cops what went on, which might lead to a closer look at him, himself.   Thus, possibly revealing his true identity.  I draw this conclusion from scenes in both parts 2 and 9. 

1.) Pt.2-When Paul rubs his weak reprimand of Jeff and Sandra in the cops face after they were brought in for trespassing, a very effective passive/aggressive "screw you" to the authorities. 

2.) Pt.9-In the diner when Duke is talking to Diana, he has no compunction about mouthing off to the cop in order to get a reaction out of him. 

It seems that both of these characters share an anti-authoritarian attitude.  Duke being himself in part 9 was more forthcoming than he was in part 2 when he was just starting out...

Cropsey
Camper

« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »

If you REALLY think about it, each movie tries something different.

Part 1 is the mother

Part 2 is the son

Part 3 is in 3D

Part 4...ok maybe nothing different. But everyone in the industry thought it was going to end

Part 5 was a copycat killer

Part 6 was a zombified Jason

Part 7, telekinesis

Part 8 was in Manhattan and a boat

Part 9 was body swapping

Part 10 was in space

Part 11 Jason fought Freddy

And Part 11 Jason was rebooted/reimagined

So... no one should really complain and moan. This franchise literally has something for everyone. I liked this entry. The kills, the look, and the brutalness was off the charts. Yet I can completely respect the fact that others don't enjoy it because they strayed so far from what Jason was. But I really liked it.
mnknut22
« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »

i absolutely love jason goes to hell. There is alot of plot problems and such, but still the unrated version is just an absolute fun bloody time.  I think its hard for some fans to have to use their imagination when the possessed bodies are killing, but storywise, yeah its still jason doing it, and although you miss jasons mask, at the end your rooting for him.  The diner massacre cinamatically is really interesting, and lets not forget the infamous tent kill.  I was able to accept the plot faults for amazing knb efx's, and the fact this movie had ALOT of balls, to kill him off in the first 10 minutes.  I respect the change. Although the next entry is a different story in my opinion. We all have our likes and dislikes in the series, but this one is my favorite along with final chapter, and part 2.   Jason Pt. 7
Gash
"Gash, the bloodless man."
Camp Cook

Jason Rick!

« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2013, 10:32:33 PM »

Adam Marcus swears he never saw this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_%28film%29
mnknut22
« Reply #328 on: December 10, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

Adam Marcus swears he never saw this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_%28film%29

Great movie, but i dont see too many similarities with it.  Adam marcus seems like a nice guy, i listened to a few pod casts, his interviews in CLM, and such, his stories dont seem to change. He claims he never saw it, it could be coincidental that he never did. He said he watched after and was like..oh no. lol. Either way, I love jgth, and will always be a fan and defender of it. For some reason the body hopping, mythology never bothered me TOO much, i was too busy enjoying KNB's efx, and the twists and turns. I love the diner massacre. I had fun with this movie, more so then the last few before this one. It might just be me, but just cause i like it alot doesnt mean i dont know my friday the 13th history. Final chapter and part 2, are always going to be the champions imo. 
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »

yeah it almost seemed like they were TRyING to make a bad movie..... way too cheezy.... bad acting.... still one ogf my favs though... and as if the stoyline wasnt far fetched as it was........

look kunt even i said i liked this one WAY back when LOL
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: