Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 18, 2017, 09:13:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Steve should never have opened this place again!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Jason Goes To Hell Discussion  (Read 56409 times)
coldkiller87
Junior Counselor
Camper

Junior Counselor

« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 03:00:32 AM »

"Yeah, unfortunately, that tends to be the main problem with series horror. People say "We want something new" then when someone does something new the same people go "What's this bullshit?" Whatcha gonna do?"

See Halloween 5 and 6's Thorn Cult, Jaws intelligent revenge seeking sharks, etc.
Excellent points. This installment and others down the ladder on the popularity scale will receive some re-appraisal in the years to come. A New Beginning is finally receiving its due credit and I believe the process has started for Jason Takes Manhattan, so JGTH's time is coming up. Now that doesn't mean a majority of fans will like it any more, but the hardcore hatred will dissipate among honest, forward thinking people.  Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Cool   
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »

"Yeah, unfortunately, that tends to be the main problem with series horror. People say "We want something new" then when someone does something new the same people go "What's this bullshit?" Whatcha gonna do?"

See Halloween 5 and 6's Thorn Cult, Jaws intelligent revenge seeking sharks, etc.
Excellent points. This installment and others down the ladder on the popularity scale will receive some re-appraisal in the years to come. A New Beginning is finally receiving its due credit and I believe the process has started for Jason Takes Manhattan, so JGTH's time is coming up. Now that doesn't mean a majority of fans will like it any more, but the hardcore hatred will dissipate among honest, forward thinking people.  Jason Pt. 9 Jason Pt. 9 Cool   

Yeah, that's what'll end up happening. The hatred will fade in the next 5 years or so, and then it will start to gain popularity about 5 years after that. That hatred for New Beginning began to fade in the late 90's, then it start getting some love about 5 years ago.
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

sorry but I will always despise this film. In some ways it's sort of like Halloween 3. I mean Jason is in teh movie but not a whole lot. It's almost like Jason was just making a cameo appearance lol. Yes I know the fifth one didnt have Jason himself but it had the idea that it WAS Jason until you found out at the end.
Nikki6am
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:26 AM »

sorry but I will always despise this film. In some ways it's sort of like Halloween 3. I mean Jason is in teh movie but not a whole lot. It's almost like Jason was just making a cameo appearance lol. Yes I know the fifth one didnt have Jason himself but it had the idea that it WAS Jason until you found out at the end.
Halloween 3 does not even belong in the series. I think the part I dislike about JGTH so much is the body jumping. I know it was just a badly executed explanation of how Jason keeps coming back after being killed. It's not brilliant like in part 6 zombie Jason was introduced. Jason doesn't need to body jump, he is still a zombie after all. The magic dagger was pretty bad too. Sometimes different is not always good. You can't wander too far from the roots.
jasn88cubs
Lifeguard

« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »

Halloween 3 does not even belong in the series. I think the part I dislike about JGTH so much is the body jumping. I know it was just a badly executed explanation of how Jason keeps coming back after being killed. It's not brilliant like in part 6 zombie Jason was introduced. Jason doesn't need to body jump, he is still a zombie after all. The magic dagger was pretty bad too. Sometimes different is not always good. You can't wander too far from the roots.

See I am fine with teenagers and campers going to Camp Crystal Lake and Jason attacking them, I don't need these gimmicks, lik ebody jumping, Jason in New York (or a boat), or a girl with some powers
Nikki6am
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »

See I am fine with teenagers and campers going to Camp Crystal Lake and Jason attacking them, I don't need these gimmicks, lik ebody jumping, Jason in New York (or a boat), or a girl with some powers
No shit. I'm with you 110% on that one.
Ctr. Martin
Camper

« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »

I could write a whole essay on why I hate this movie so much. Man, it's just terrible. I really want to know what drugs they were using when they wrote this crap! All of a sudden, there's all this voodoo stuff, there's a mystical dagger that a "Vorhees" has to use to kill off Jason once and for all. Oh, and he can possess other bodies, too!

Spoiler (hover to show)

What makes the whole thing so much worse is that smug bastard Adam Marcus' defence of the movie in Crystal Lake Memories, while at the same time seems to have no clue as to what horror fans want. He really came off having no idea what the hell he was talking about. Seems he thought that giving Jason a backstory would be a good thing to the character and the series in general, no matter what the backstory was. The fact that the backstory was an absolutely pathetic attempt at the worst kind of fanfic doesn't bother him. It's there, so it's good  Roll Eyes

I also think the Jason look in this one is the worst yet. The only good thing in the movie is where Freddy's glove comes up to snatch Jason's mask down to hell. I thought that was cool. So, 2 seconds out of 88 minutes were good, the rest was utter shite.

sean s cunningham needs to be banned from ever being allowed to be involved with any more jason movies.
Word, he's only in it for the money. I wish someone with passion could be in charge.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:01:13 PM by Ctr. Martin » Logged
Evildead13th
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

I just watched this today again for about the 80th time and I just realized yet ANOTHER thing that brings my piss to a boil is when Duke talks about Jason to Robert from Case Files about how the Jason's body is just meat and that being blown to pieces is just a "minor inconvenience for him and he'll find another body" He says this like Jason's been doing this from day 1!!!! WTF?!!!!! Just keep adding fuel to the fire for my hatred for this shit!! Angry
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »

I just watched this today again for about the 80th time and I just realized yet ANOTHER thing that brings my piss to a boil is when Duke talks about Jason to Robert from Case Files about how the Jason's body is just meat and that being blown to pieces is just a "minor inconvenience for him and he'll find another body" He says this like Jason's been doing this from day 1!!!! WTF?!!!!! Just keep adding fuel to the fire for my hatred for this shit!! Angry

Yeah its completely stupid and makes no sense, its like there is this big back story they totally forgot to tell us about with him body jumping and the magical dagger.
Nikki6am
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:52 AM »

Yeah its completely stupid and makes no sense, its like there is this big back story they totally forgot to tell us about with him body jumping and the magical dagger.
Glad you've been watching the films for years, and oh, by the way....never mentioned it before... but Jason can jump from body to body, and wait, it gets better, he must be killed with a magic dagger. What, oh, none of you fans were informed of all this?! Well, we were going to tell you, but it just took us eight movies before the subject came up. We were just waiting for the right time.

Anyone else have any stupid ideas they just pulled out of their ass?
Jet
Sheriff of Crystal Lake
BANNED
Head Counselor

THIS IS THE JET'S HOUSE, BITCHES!

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »

Glad you've been watching the films for years, and oh, by the way....never mentioned it before... but Jason can jump from body to body, and wait, it gets better, he must be killed with a magic dagger. What, oh, none of you fans were informed of all this?! Well, we were going to tell you, but it just took us eight movies before the subject came up. We were just waiting for the right time.

LOL, probably exactly how it went. Were you in that meeting?
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »

Does getting New Line involved count?
Nikki6am
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »

LOL, probably exactly how it went. Were you in that meeting?
No, just eavesdropping
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »

No, just eavesdropping
Why didn't you DO something istead of eavesdrop????
Nikki6am
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »

Why didn't you DO something istead of eavesdrop????
No one would listen. I apologize, looking back, I know I should have done the right thing and phoned in a bomb threat or pulled the fire alarm. Sorry, I let a lot of people down. It is my biggest mistake and regret.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: