Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 05:44:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason was my son, and today is his birthday"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 7 Discussion  (Read 65195 times)
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »

good call Rich !!
sometimes it's better to let the imagination , fill in the blanks , so to speak .

personally i loved that meathook scene in TCM , as well as the original shower scene in Psycho .
i just wish that some of the "juicier" parts weren't cut from some of the F13th entries . especially , seeing how much they get away with , in the SAW movies , for example ??
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »

i just love bens head crushing so much... and would love to see it in the film....i like "less is more".. but most of pt 7 was that.. sure there were some tits.. but.. it has to be balanced evenly with the gore  Grin.. like say.. Hatchet( i love that movie!)
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »

agreed jimmyd ..
and after watching Hatchet again recently , i dig it too !
Shifty
Camp Cook

« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »

This might be the only Friday the 13th movie where Jason is the only character I like. Everybody else was just completely unlikeable. I didn't even like Tina. I know she's crazy and all, but she just came off as whiny more than anything else. Nick was alright because he straight up admitted that he didn't like any of the party guests, but he seemed like a major wuss when push came to shove.

On the plus side, Jason was badass and he might have had the best look out of any film in the series. The exposed bones were an amazing touch.

Did anybody else notice that Jason stopped breaking through doors in this one? He simply opened up any door in his way and walked through. It kind of toed the line between creepy and funny. Here's this big guy who you're used to seeing just smash through doors when he wants to get through them and all of the sudden he just casually starts strolling through them instead. Maybe he's getting smarter and wants to cut off potential escape routes, as you see him do near the end after he kills Melissa and slams the door shut when Tina tries to escape.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

This might be the only Friday the 13th movie where Jason is the only character I like. Everybody else was just completely unlikeable. I didn't even like Tina. I know she's crazy and all, but she just came off as whiny more than anything else. Nick was alright because he straight up admitted that he didn't like any of the party guests, but he seemed like a major wuss when push came to shove.

On the plus side, Jason was badass and he might have had the best look out of any film in the series. The exposed bones were an amazing touch.

Did anybody else notice that Jason stopped breaking through doors in this one? He simply opened up any door in his way and walked through. It kind of toed the line between creepy and funny. Here's this big guy who you're used to seeing just smash through doors when he wants to get through them and all of the sudden he just casually starts strolling through them instead. Maybe he's getting smarter and wants to cut off potential escape routes, as you see him do near the end after he kills Melissa and slams the door shut when Tina tries to escape.

i liked a handful of the characters in this one.. eddie,maddy.. david was the man.. and robin..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4P1WPE-Qg[/youtube]
replace donuts with robin  Grin
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »

I personally think the film is more brutal without the over the top gore. That's what the stupid MPAA doesn't get!

When you let the viewer fill in the blanks themselves it's a lot worse than seeing it. I'll use Ben's head crushing again as an example. In the T-Cut all you see is a little spurt of blood starting to flow from his head and then they cut. All the gory carnage is left up for you to imagine and for the longest time I always thought Ben really got fucked up. But after seeing the workprint version I laugh my ass off.

Obviously the MPAA never was in on the joke. They never are.
well said !!
and i'm sure it freaks them out , that after all these years , these movies are STILL being made. AND have a tremendous fan base to support them...Smiley
Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »

Eh.

Tina was a formidable foe, but the movie overall was so so. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's all that special either.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »

Eh.

Tina was a formidable foe, but the movie overall was so so. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's all that special either.

i like kanes performance as JV and i like how it had a dark feel to it.. always have been a fan of the opening credits...
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »

Eh.

I agree with ya Batty, I think it was so so, TBH I'm a bigger fan of JTM then I am of this one... But by no means do I think 7 was bad, I think it was entertaining and every now and then I do rewatch it, but it's far from being as good as Jason Lives, JGTH or The Final Chapter IMO (those 3 are my favorites)..... Maybe if they didn't butcher it and take all the good stuff out, this movie could've been way better.

And yo Jimmy, I agree with ya too, the intro to this movie was awesome!
Batty Part 2
The Shape
Counselor

I'm Baaaaaaack....

« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »

Jason Lives, JGTH or The Final Chapter IMO (those 3 are my favorites).....

I knew I liked you. Jason Goes to Hell is one of my favorites too. Not many of us around LOL.
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »

Now that's real talk Batty! We are amongst the few...
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

I agree with ya Batty, I think it was so so, TBH I'm a bigger fan of JTM then I am of this one... But by no means do I think 7 was bad, I think it was entertaining and every now and then I do rewatch it, but it's far from being as good as Jason Lives, JGTH or The Final Chapter IMO (those 3 are my favorites)..... Maybe if they didn't butcher it and take all the good stuff out, this movie could've been way better.

And yo Jimmy, I agree with ya too, the intro to this movie was awesome!
i think we all wish more of the good stuff had been left in !!!!
Starman
Mr. Serious American
Head Counselor

« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »

i just love bens head crushing so much... and would love to see it in the film....i like "less is more".. but most of pt 7 was that.. sure there were some tits.. but.. it has to be balanced evenly with the gore  Grin.. like say.. Hatchet( i love that movie!)

that ben's death is cracked me up  Grin and also azrael's death cracked me up in jason X too.
Pine Hurst
Camper

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:50 AM »

I think the whole "Jason hacking up teens" thing was getting tired by this point. It's the least enjoyable part of this movie. I like the Tina storyline. It could work as its own movie.  Tina is probably my third favorite female lead of the series, after Ginny and Chris. This movie, of course, has some similarities to The Final Chapter. I actually have this ranked ahead it, because of the Tina storyline.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2010, 12:43:37 PM »

i dig the tina storyline.. but she kinda did alot of whining during the movie..and come tho think of it.... she kinda prevented  her and nick from going to gather the other kids because she was too hyped up about searching aimlessly for her mom.. who was searching aimlessly for her lol.. maybe if they had gotten to the house sooner... tina could have used her telekinesis to save a person or two...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: