Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 17, 2017, 12:07:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Don't smoke. Causes cancer."
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 7 Discussion  (Read 65008 times)
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »

i agree, part 7 is great. kane hodder really got into character in this movie and i love him as jason, and jason's costume is the best in part 7. Tongue
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »

i agree, part 7 is great. kane hodder really got into character in this movie and i love him as jason, and jason's costume is the best in part 7. Tongue

agreed.... also love the extra footage of bens head crushing..
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »

I think that this is by far the best movie featuring the zombie version of Jason. The opening was awesome! The setting was great! I loved the woods. I also liked how they used the music in this one. Kane was perfect as well.
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »

Also, I think the MPAA made the film a lot more mean spirited by cutting out all the of the over the top gore. For example, when Ben gets his head crushed. Without seeing all of the silly splatter you're left with with someone dieing in agonizing pain which leaves the audience really feeling bad for the guy. At least I did. Now in the workprint version of that scene I laugh my ass off.  
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:23:00 PM by FvJsucked79 » Logged
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »

I think that this is by far the best movie featuring the zombie version of Jason. The opening was awesome! The setting was great! I loved the woods. I also liked how they used the music in this one. Kane was perfect as well.

100,000,000% agree with you on that bro.. Smiley
CmpBldHottie
Lifeguard

"

« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Hated how the MPAA raped this movie! Jason Pt. 7 Unmasked
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2010, 01:39:34 AM »

Sometimes less is more. By cutting the gore they only made it a more brutal movie because when you have to imagion the gore you create an image in your head much more disgusting then any make-up effects artist would create. Tom Savini of al people says this on the Night of the Living Dead 1990 DVD.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2010, 02:47:54 AM »

I agree with how less can be more sometimes..but with such a dark vibe..and kanes performance of JV..I      was actually kinda let down with the lack of gore...we saw virtually nothing of dr crews death.. And I really loved bens extended head crushing scene..and about half way through the movie..it kinda drags for a lil bit..but comes back strong when tina fucks JV up with her jedi mind tricks lol
locdasmoke
Counselor

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »

Great story on this one, but all the cut gore makes this one feel like Friday PG13
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:27 PM »

Great story on this one, but all the cut gore makes this one feel like Friday PG13

LOL well said
FvJsucked79
Camp Cook

« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »

I personally think the film is more brutal without the over the top gore. That's what the stupid MPAA doesn't get!

When you let the viewer fill in the blanks themselves it's a lot worse than seeing it. I'll use Ben's head crushing again as an example. In the T-Cut all you see is a little spurt of blood starting to flow from his head and then they cut. All the gory carnage is left up for you to imagine and for the longest time I always thought Ben really got fucked up. But after seeing the workprint version I laugh my ass off.

Obviously the MPAA never was in on the joke. They never are.
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2010, 02:33:23 AM »

I agree that the music was terrific in this entry.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

Friday PG13 .... LOL
too funny , yet it's true !

kingofzombies
Camp Cook

« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »

I agree with the whole 'less is more thing', but this movie was made to be over the top (Stallone as a trucker LOL) and I feel pretty ripped off when I see what could have at least been put into a director's cut of the film if the footage was cleaned up. 

BTW, thanks to the people who get the Stallone reference.  Tongue
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »

A good example of less is more is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. There are people who would bet you money that they actually see the meat hook penetrate the girl's back. You don't. All you see is the hook itself, and the girl's face expressions due to the pain. Your imagionation finishes the image for you. I don't see Friday 7 as PG13 at all. It did have some blood in it, like in Tina's hallucination in the kitchen, and it had plenty of tits in it. It was an R film, without doubt. I just dare say that the MPAA only made Friday 7 a more scary horror film by cutting the gore, because you have to finnish the images yourself. It's like Dracula when Bela Lugosi would always get close and closer to the girl in bed, but they never showed the actual bite.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: