Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 23, 2017, 07:36:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We ain't gonna stand for no weirdness out here!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 7 Discussion  (Read 65327 times)
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »

The NPAA always hated the F13th movies . I DO think they were targeted unfairly and were basically butchered from the version that the directors wanted us to see .

It's really too bad that a lot of that deleted footage hasn't seen the light of day . I know that we may never see certain things , yet i keep hoping i'm wrong . The original pt3 ending with Chris getting decapitated would be awesome to finally have on my big screen ...
Do you think the MPAA hated the Halloween movies as much?
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #346 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »

At one point Halloween 5 I think it was got an X rating. So they really didn't seem to like franchises like Halloween, Friday The 13th and Elm Street.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #347 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

I think that the F13th films got a little more 'chopped up' than some others .

The Halloween flicks are my 2nd favs and they seem to have more menace and violence in them . Maybe it's just me or the way i perceive it though ?
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #348 on: December 07, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

At one point Halloween 5 I think it was got an X rating. So they really didn't seem to like franchises like Halloween, Friday The 13th and Elm Street.
I think most of them got X ratings.  The scene in part 2 with Jejj and Sandra's impalement had to be pared down to get an R rating.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #349 on: December 07, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »

I think that the F13th films got a little more 'chopped up' than some others .

The Halloween flicks are my 2nd favs and they seem to have more menace and violence in them . Maybe it's just me or the way i perceive it though ?
Could it be the menace and violence were more subtle and implied?  Remember the scene in the original part 2 where the nurse goes out to her car, and sees all the tires slashed on EVERY car, and then the camer shows Michael's reflection in a car's mirror?
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #350 on: December 07, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »

I always felt the MPAA unfairly took shots at horror movies because they could. Not cool of them to do but it seemed like they had to make up for letting the original get away with so much. Sad that movies like these were treated so badly. Some like Part 6 didn't even seem as bad as they made them out to be. Making a mountain out of a molehill to use a popular phrase.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »

I always felt the MPAA unfairly took shots at horror movies because they could. Not cool of them to do but it seemed like they had to make up for letting the original get away with so much. Sad that movies like these were treated so badly. Some like Part 6 didn't even seem as bad as they made them out to be. Making a mountain out of a molehill to use a popular phrase.
Or, "Let's pick on something I don't like."
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »

Could it be the menace and violence were more subtle and implied?  Remember the scene in the original part 2 where the nurse goes out to her car, and sees all the tires slashed on EVERY car, and then the camer shows Michael's reflection in a car's mirror?
I do remember that scene and i always thought it was creepy . Although F13th are my favorite horror movies , i always thought that the Halloween ones were scarier and creepier . Also , MM seems to have more violent kills .

ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »

I do remember that scene and i always thought it was creepy . Although F13th are my favorite horror movies , i always thought that the Halloween ones were scarier and creepier . Also , MM seems to have more violent kills .

He's very deliberate in what he does.
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »

Yeah he thinks about what he does a lot. Jason did that too in The Final Chapter.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »

Yeah he thinks about what he does a lot. Jason did that too in The Final Chapter.
And don't forget how CJ Graham did in part 6.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »

He's very deliberate in what he does.
Very deliberate . I think i've been more spooked by Myers than i ever was by JV .
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2012, 10:03:25 PM »

And don't forget how CJ Graham did in part 6.

Yup CJ was very careful of how he worked and treated the role. I think he endeared himself to fans and the studio. Remember Paramount was pushing for CJ to return in New Blood before the director convinced them to hire Kane. I liked CJ but Kane went above and beyond when that mask went on.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »

Yup CJ was very careful of how he worked and treated the role. I think he endeared himself to fans and the studio. Remember Paramount was pushing for CJ to return in New Blood before the director convinced them to hire Kane. I liked CJ but Kane went above and beyond when that mask went on.
CJ still set a great example though!!!!
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2012, 06:40:19 PM »

CJ still set a great example though!!!!
I thought CJ was great . He brought a lot to the role in a short time .
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: