Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 22, 2017, 11:40:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Jason's a legend Ginny...a legend"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 7 Discussion  (Read 65287 times)
Bloody_Ax
Victim

« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »

After looking at Ben's work prints death scene I thought maybe Jason wanted to ask Kate, "want some strawberry jelly?"
Austin 3:16
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

Why do people rip on this film? I like The New Blood and thought it was a great and very fun movie. Tina was awesome and gavr Jason a run for his money. Its hard to do new stuff and I felt the director brought a new feeling that made the movie even better. MPAA really ripped the movie up and I'd love to see a director's cut of this one.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »

The MPAA should go out in the woods.
Haha , i agree !
Rich
Head Counselor

« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2012, 01:07:50 AM »

I would send the MPAA out in the woods with a joint.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2012, 03:55:18 AM »

I would send the MPAA out in the woods with a joint.
And make sure they're having premarital sex.
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

We're fortunate the MPAA isn't so bad nowadays.  It takes a hell of a lot to get an NC-17 anymore; the Friday movies seem so tame compared to just about any R-rated horror movie that comes out now.
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »

We're fortunate the MPAA isn't so bad nowadays.  It takes a hell of a lot to get an NC-17 anymore; the Friday movies seem so tame compared to just about any R-rated horror movie that comes out now.
It's called " pushing the envelope".
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2012, 03:41:26 AM »

And societal taboos change over time.  Even so, the MPAA in the eighties was clearly biased against slasher movies.  How else can you explain the explicit violence in movies like "The Fly" and "Hellraiser", when compared to the Friday movies that were coming out at the same time?
ThePunisher
Head Counselor

Vengeance has a name

« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

And societal taboos change over time.  Even so, the MPAA in the eighties was clearly biased against slasher movies.  How else can you explain the explicit violence in movies like "The Fly" and "Hellraiser", when compared to the Friday movies that were coming out at the same time?
You explain it by saying the MPAA was biased, that's how.
MarkRooster
Camp Cook

« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2012, 06:58:42 PM »

And they took a decade to get over the criticism, bad press, and parents' groups complaining about what they allowed in the first Friday the 13th.
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2012, 07:01:17 PM »

You explain it by saying the MPAA was biased, that's how.

I tend to agree with this. Pt 7 didn't seem any worse than any of the others to me. They made the director go through numerous edits when half the time it didn't seem that bad. Maybe that's just me though. The blood could have been toned down a bit bu t other than that it just seemed like the movie was a target for ratings board.
hesvor
Head Counselor

« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »

The NPAA always hated the F13th movies . I DO think they were targeted unfairly and were basically butchered from the version that the directors wanted us to see .

It's really too bad that a lot of that deleted footage hasn't seen the light of day . I know that we may never see certain things , yet i keep hoping i'm wrong . The original pt3 ending with Chris getting decapitated would be awesome to finally have on my big screen ...
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »

The NPAA always hated the F13th movies . I DO think they were targeted unfairly and were basically butchered from the version that the directors wanted us to see .

It's really too bad that a lot of that deleted footage hasn't seen the light of day . I know that we may never see certain things , yet i keep hoping i'm wrong . The original pt3 ending with Chris getting decapitated would be awesome to finally have on my big screen ...

Yeah they did unfairly target them. They targeted Nightmare 5 too saying it was too nasty to be rated R. Seems like they just like targeting horror. Thats ok. Makes me want to see them even more!

I'd love to see that footage too. I've seen stills of it so it exists.
Nikki6am
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »

The MPAA can go suck a dick till the sun don't shine!
Horror Fanatic
Head Counselor

« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

I agree. MPAA did the same thing to Nightmare 5. They went above and beyond to look for reasons to censor when those reasons werent there. A mechanical snake biting someone's leg and a "gross" food fight were objectionable topics for the movie according to them. Sorry but that's straining for a reason that isn't there. 

I would love to see excised footage reinserted back into Pts 3 & 7 at least to see an Ultimate Director's Cut of both films though. Dvd and blu ray are perfect ways to do that.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: