Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 11, 2017, 03:35:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm going back to bed, wanna come?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday The 13th Part 2 Discussion  (Read 95415 times)
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 01:36:13 PM »

One of my favorite entries in the series, and likely my favorite of the 'serious' (pre-Jason Lives) films. I do have a few small quibbles - even before Jason was made bald because of the aesthetics of a hockey mask, his 'hairy' look simply doesn't quite do justice to the character I'd imagine him to be even if I were to watch it without bias - but it's still a solid movie all-around. And it really segues nicely with the first film, making it seem like one continuous story. After this film, none of the movies really did.

My biggest disappointment is with the introduction of the 'Jason didn't die lol!' meme, courtesy of Ginny. Most of the fanbase seem to have forgotten that she was drunk at the time, and most likely talking out of her ass. That they can't see that this notion is contradicted by virtually every later entry is their own fault, however.

That said, it's an appreciable entry, and I prefer it by far to the original. Jason is a much more effective screen slasher than his mother, and some of the kills remain effective even today (Mark's and the double-bed-spear in particular).
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »

To me thats how a guy would look if he grew up in the woods,not clean shaven and a bicked head
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

To me thats how a guy would look if he grew up in the woods,not clean shaven and a bicked head

Jason didn't grow up in the woods. There is no evidence, aside from the drunken theorizing of Ginny at the bar, that he did.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »

It's a good theory even if she was drunk, I share the same one.

Dark
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »

It's a good theory even if she was drunk, I share the same one.

Dark

No, it isn't. In fact, it's a bad theory, precisely because there's empirical evidence that it is not true.

Ignore for a moment the link to which I posted in my thread on the subject in this forum that confirms his initial death in the lake. Assuming that Jason lived, why didn't he return to the Voorhees residence? Anyone capable of navigating the forest is capable of finding his way to his house in the dead center of it.
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »

Whatever he was on I need it. Grin

If he did drown wouldn't they have found a body then? They said in Part 2 they didn't.....

SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »

Whatever he was on I need it. Grin

If he did drown wouldn't they have found a body then? They said in Part 2 they didn't.....

Why would they? He drowned in 1958. Sonar technology was a new invention at the time, and cost a great deal of money, much more than what seems to be a relatively rural county might afford. The Voorhees family must have been relatively poor, given Pamela's position as a camp cook, thus mitigating any desperate need to find young Jason. Furthermore, given that Jason Takes Manhattan has established that Crystal Lake has some waterway connection to the Atlantic Ocean, it's entirely possible he was swept up in the undertow and carried to a far-off region of the area.

See my other thread for proof positive of his initial death.
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »

Sadly I have not seen all the Friday the 13th films Cry So I don't know what your talking about.

Before I say anything else do any of  the other 13th fans consider the New Line sequels as part of the series?

SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

Sadly I have not seen all the Friday the 13th films Cry So I don't know what your talking about.

Before I say anything else do any of  the other 13th fans consider the New Line sequels as part of the series?

I'd say a majority of them. There's a substantial minority of reactionary dead-enders who behave rather like Christian Fundamentalists in regards to the series, clinging to the first eight films alone as 'canon' and dismissing, without a shred of proof that they should or were intended to, the later three. But these are in the minority.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »

Assuming that Jason lived, why didn't he return to the Voorhees residence? Anyone capable of navigating the forest is capable of finding his way to his house in the dead center of it.

Because it didn't exist when the theory of him drowning, or even not drowning was made up.

I know I normally say that saying "its only a movie" isn't something I like to hear, but think in this case that type of thing really does apply.

There was no Voorhees House...it was never discussed if the Voorhees' even lived in that area. For all we know she just worked there and her son went there because she worked there.

In Pt. 3 his house was that shack in the woods..the one with his shrine. Its obvious that he had been living there. EDIT: I mean in Pt. 2
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:39:45 PM by Kat » Logged
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 12:44:19 AM »

Jason didn't grow up in the woods. There is no evidence, aside from the drunken theorizing of Ginny at the bar, that he did.

And besides the drunken people who made JGTH there is no evidence of the house either,and even if there was a house how would a handicaped 12 year old learn how to shave and cut hair?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:46:40 AM by Killer-C » Logged
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 02:23:06 AM »

Well i do I guess. But the ones that New Line does not own IMO are better, You should check the rest out you will love them
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »

Just saw this film again for the first time in many years.

The shrine in the woods with the bodies strewn around it's base is just so creepy. An obvious homage to Psycho? 

On the shack. Some have argued that Jason built the shack himself. Not necessarily so. He could have come across an abandoned shack or murdered the original inhabitant.

Have to take issue with the theory that Jason drowned in the lake. He is obviously very human in this movie.

The opening sequence is very similar to Halloween where the killer ventures into Suburbia.

Alice's drawings of Jason at the beginning of the film reminded me of the drawings in the film "The Howling". Both films released in 1981. "The Colony" in "The Howling" also reminds me of Camp Crystal Lake.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »

I thought the shack was suposed to be the camp sight from part one,thats why the cop doesnt want anyone to trespass there
SwanKong
Counselor

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »

Oh my.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53
  Print  

Jump to: