Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 16, 2017, 11:40:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "I'm not an asshole, I'm an actor!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 5 discussion  (Read 61842 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« on: February 18, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »

I'm sorta shocked we don't have a thread for this...but not really since a lot of people dislike the movie.

Anyhow, I was fast forwarding through it, in search of something so I could respond to another thread and noticed something funny.

At the end of Pt. 5 the cop is holding up the news articles. I ended up pausing it to see if I could read what it said. Well, its got nothing to do with Jason other then the headline, but on top of that, it says the same thing over and over again other then the first paragraph. I just thought this was funny, as I've never noticed it before.
The_Empress
Camp Cook

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »

Lol, I'm going to have to check that out.
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »

I thought this movie was Ok.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:47:39 AM by AnotherHorrorFanatic » Logged
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »

it took me a long time to like part 5. now its one of my favs
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »

It too took me a long time to enjoy this film. I actually DON'T like the ending. Pretty much from the time Pam comes back till the very end. Most of the time when I'm watching the film I just stop it around that part..or do something else while it runs in the background. I don't know why, its just at that point I lose all interest.

I think the characters are pretty entertaining though, and I think thats what makes the movie really fun.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:18 PM »

Its hard for me to get passed the imposter jason but all in all not that bad of a movie, i guess
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 03:17:32 AM »

I love part 5. Its such a great filler and addition to the storyline. Without it, we wouldn't have part 6 which I feel is the best entry in the franchise. This movie is what gives away how much terror still haunts tommy about Jason and shows that he is still insecure after all the years. If you cut from Part 4 to Part 6, It wouldn't make as much sense.

One question I do have, what happened to trish? Has there been any explanation of this ever?
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »

I like to think of Part 5 as Halloween 3, in a sense they both took a break from the ordinary and tried something different. Obviously Friday 5 didn't venture too far away having an imposter which is why the installment is hated so much but it was enjoyable whith the exception of the lame ending.

Dark
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 02:19:02 AM »

I despise this movie with a passion.

I don't care that "Jason isn't really Jason", or that the genuine killer is a character seen for all of two minutes in the finished film and not even so much as hinted at before his reveal. I don't care that the characters are wooden, or that the effects are atrocious.

What bothers me about the film is that it is almost a scene-for-scene remake of the original.

Murderer's child killed in a horrible accident?

Check.

An attempt is made to throw suspicion on a 'local loony'?

Check.

The killer turns out to be someone whose name isn't even known until the final scenes?

Check. Mate.
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 04:56:18 AM »

I despise this movie with a passion.

I don't care that "Jason isn't really Jason", or that the genuine killer is a character seen for all of two minutes in the finished film and not even so much as hinted at before his reveal. I don't care that the characters are wooden, or that the effects are atrocious.

What bothers me about the film is that it is almost a scene-for-scene remake of the original.

Murderer's child killed in a horrible accident?

Check.

An attempt is made to throw suspicion on a 'local loony'?

Check.

The killer turns out to be someone whose name isn't even known until the final scenes?

Check. Mate.

I'll say you make a good point, but it adds a lot more to the story of Tommy Jarvis therefore its not a pointless remake.
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 06:19:46 AM »

I'll say you make a good point, but it adds a lot more to the story of Tommy Jarvis therefore its not a pointless remake.

Except that what it adds is almost completely ignored in the infinitely superior Jason Lives anyway, and what is added is of almost a negative net worth. I don't care to see Tommy running about in his tighty-whities and sweating like he'd just shot up a needleful of smack. About the only really good thing he does in the movie is beat the shit out of Hillbilly Tardboy, and that's over far too soon to save the movie.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 12:54:10 PM »

Except that what it adds is almost completely ignored in the infinitely superior Jason Lives anyway, and what is added is of almost a negative net worth. I don't care to see Tommy running about in his tighty-whities and sweating like he'd just shot up a needleful of smack. About the only really good thing he does in the movie is beat the shit out of Hillbilly Tardboy, and that's over far too soon to save the movie.

While it does seem to ignore it somewhat, I think it can still be included by the fans. Its not a sequel you have to discount, as it makes sense with the storyline of 4 and of 6. The one major mistake that I can think of off the top of my head is the mayor saying that Jason was cremated.
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 03:16:05 PM »

While it does seem to ignore it somewhat, I think it can still be included by the fans. Its not a sequel you have to discount, as it makes sense with the storyline of 4 and of 6. The one major mistake that I can think of off the top of my head is the mayor saying that Jason was cremated.

Not the storyline, but rather Tommy's characterization, is my main point of contention with this film. It's almost totally opposite from Thom Matthews' portrayal in the sixth entry.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 03:47:52 PM »

Yeah...but 5 comes before 6...so really pt. 6 doesn't match up with the rest lol

All I'm saying is that it could in fact carry on, and I buy it.
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »

I'll agree on the fact the character Tommy Jarvis' personality bounces way too much between 4, 5, and 6. His personality in this is just quiet, hes really too himself. In part 6 hes way more confident and speaks whenever he needs to.

I also agree that seeing him in his tighty whities wasn't fun, and that watching junior get beaten up was cool.

And jason was cremated? I think the mayor didnt know for sure but he wanted an excuse to desuade the sheriff from thinking the killer was jason.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: