Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 02:03:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Planning on smoking a little dope, having a little premarital sex, and getting slaughtered?"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 5 discussion  (Read 59929 times)
LAZARUS
Camper

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 01:51:53 AM »

I actually like this film.

As someone has pointed out it's close to a re-make of the original film.

I like Violet, she is one of my favourite characters from the series and I think she looks a lot like the way Madonna did in 1985 when the film was released.

There are also similarities to Halloween with Tommy's visions of Jason being similar to Jamie Lee Curtis' visions of Michael Myers in the original Halloween.

Anyone catch the connection between Friday the 13th and "A Place in the Sun".?

"A Place in the Sun" is the old black and white film the kids are watching.

I thought there had to be a connection and I think it's really obvious. The scene they are watching is where Montgomery Clift is about to dump Shelly Winters over the side of the boat.

Winters drowns because like Jason she can't swim. The scene is also similar to the final scenes in Parts I and II where the heroine is dragged from a boat into the lake.

The lake in "A Place in the Sun" like the lake in Friday the 13th harbours a dark secret.

EDIT: Merged posts into one ~ Kat
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:15:06 PM by Kat » Logged
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 03:47:44 PM »

Funny thing...I was watching the E! True Hollywood story today on Mariska Hargitay (NOTHING was on lol)and all of the sudden, this person comes on the preview of whats coming up, and I'm like "woah that guy, I know him from somewhere" but I wasn't fast enough to read the name...so then there is a commercial break and the show comes back on, and a few minutes later the guy comes back on and its John Shepard! Yes, the guy who played Tommy Jarvis in this film.

He looks just the same only a bit thicker and with less hair, but it was pretty cool to see him as I haven't seen him in years.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 12:17:47 AM »

I did not see that i gonna try to find it on youtube
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 04:10:43 PM »

Wow thats cool what was he a part of on there?
Bobbygoreful
Camper

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

Loved part 5, completely underrated!!!!

Entertaining start to finish. The kills are fun and there are tons of them. The characters are all over the top and fun to watch. I love this film.

Also it has a great mean streak.
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

my michael/jason/freddy/pinhead tattoo

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 04:34:44 PM »

i liked that it still held it campy feel.. even though it didnt take place at a camp.... and there are some that say jason just kills at random... he venging his mothers death....ect....it kinda shows he holds a grudge... first he tracks alice down... then hes after tommy in 2(3) movies... well i guess tmomy is after HIM in VI....i agree this is a fun flick... and inventive kills..
xjediskywalkerx
Camper

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 02:02:35 AM »

i was skimming around looking for a thread on part 5 so i figured i would use this one. i actually re watched this tonight, first time in a long time. i like how tough tommy is and how he somehow turned into a tae kwon do expert. i think this movie actually had alot of potential. i thought it would have been great to have a therapy scene with tommy and tommy talks a bit about jason. and its just an idea but how do you all think the franchise would have changed if tommy was the killer the entire movie and instead of going back to jason in part 6, tommy was the killer in every other sequel from this point? i actually wouldnt mind it. if that happend it would feel like all the movies are actually tied together and not just random obscure sequels that had nothing to do with the previous film. such as jason takes manahatten, or jason X.
stain
Lifeguard

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »

A ratta-tatta-tatta-tatta-tooey!
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »

A ratta-tatta-tatta-tatta-tooey!

hahaha.. love that line!
Jameslofton
Lifeguard

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 02:40:39 AM »

the genuine killer is a character seen for all of two minutes in the finished film and not even so much as hinted at before his reveal.
You're joking, right?

We are constantly reminded every five-ten minutes by camera shots of the paramedic that he is going to be the killer. They made it way too obvious as he is shown far too long, and at unnecessary times. Its actually the film's biggest flaw. The 'twist' is never allowed to properly develop because the viewer is always being hit over the head with a sledgehammer that has the paramedic's name on it.

About five-eight minutes into the film, when the camera stays on him for a few seconds too long as he gives that empty stare, you already know he's gonna be "Jason".

You can pick apart this film all day long with its flaws, but claiming there is no "reveal" until the final act is preposterous. The reveal occurs literally minutes into the film.

I actually like this entry in the franchise, flaws and all. The sad thing is so much potential was squandered. A weak script really does it no favors. It has a pretty strong cast of characters, but they are never really allowed to develop properly. I never expected a 'character study', but characters such as Violet and Tina are just tossed aside or murdered quickly when they could have done so much more with them. Tommy as a mute just makes no sense in the overall context of the film, and if this is how the writers were going to approach the character, he should have been a very minor character and maybe even one of the first victims. Every time he hits the screen, it disrupts the pacing of the film.

Not a good thing when its the main character.

Like others have mentioned, I do like how that 80s campiness is still intact with this film. The main thing I like about the film is their desire to go in a bold direction, but they didn't go far enough and it causes the film to run in place and tread the same territory as the prior films.

The writers should have sat on this script for a year, come back to it, dust it off, and take a fresh look at it and give it a proper rewrite.

There is a damn good film buried under the various flaws.

jarvis43
New Blood

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 11:07:55 AM »

a lot of people really hate this movie but I don't see why I mean its got all the ingredients to make a jason movie, sex, kills, teens going off in the woods by themselves, and did I mention sex?
see all the things that make a good jason movie... um, minus jason
haha
jimmyd
Smoke it to Your
Head Counselor

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

they really do shove the fact that roy is the killer throuought the  movie...  like Jameslofton said...and everytime  there was a kill.. we never actually saw jason... they tried to maybe let us think that it was tommy or hell even Vic for that matter..

although viloets character wasn't develpoed that much.... her kill scene is one of the most popular... i actually love it...
JPad
Camper

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

I watched this last night.  This is the most criminally underrated Friday film.  Never got the angst over the whole imposter thing.  They do beat you over the head with it though.  When I first saw it, I kept asking why in the heck do they keep showing closeups of this random background paramedic character?

I thought the redneck woman and her Randy Quaid from Vacation son were the worst part of the film, taking campiness to an awful level.

Loved Ms. Vorhees and her knockers.

The main counselor guy looked like Patrick Duffy from Dallas.

The kills in this one are very brutal.  Seem worse than the previous 4.

The opening scene in the graveyard in the rain looks really cool and iconic of the series.

Demon's girlfriend sings to him while he takes a dump.  Also, one of the dudes from Grease in the completely unrelated road flare scene goes to take a dump in the woods.  That cracked me up.  I know people pee in the woods, but dump?  Lolz

The most surprising thing for me in the viewing was when I watched about half with the commentary track.  My stomach hurt and I was crying laughing and had to pause it every few minutes to gather myself.  That director is an absolute nut!  It really was like MST3K F13 style.  If you are having a bad day, watch this with the commentary and listen to the director's pure comedy gold spew forth.  I can't remember when I have laughed so hard.

Underrated film, better than Part 3.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:09:38 PM by JPad » Logged
Ghost
The God of Fuck
Head Counselor

21st Century Schizoid Man

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

I watched this last night.  This is the most criminally underrated Friday film.  Never got the angst over the whole imposter thing.  They do beat you over the head with it though.  When I first saw it, I kept asking why in the heck do they keep showing closeups of this random background paramedic character?

nice to see another fan.

i love this movie. love the kils,the comady, and the "knockers".

what a great addition to the series.
xjediskywalkerx
Camper

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »

I watched this last night.  This is the most criminally underrated Friday film.  Never got the angst over the whole imposter thing.  They do beat you over the head with it though.  When I first saw it, I kept asking why in the heck do they keep showing closeups of this random background paramedic character?

I thought the redneck woman and her Randy Quaid from Vacation son were the worst part of the film, taking campiness to an awful level.

Loved Ms. Vorhees and her knockers.

The main counselor guy looked like Patrick Duffy from Dallas.

The kills in this one are very brutal.  Seem worse than the previous 4.

The opening scene in the graveyard in the rain looks really cool and iconic of the series.

Demon's girlfriend sings to him while he takes a dump.  Also, one of the dudes from Grease in the completely unrelated road flare scene goes to take a dump in the woods.  That cracked me up.  I know people pee in the woods, but dump?  Lolz

The most surprising thing for me in the viewing was when I watched about half with the commentary track.  My stomach hurt and I was crying laughing and had to pause it every few minutes to gather myself.  That director is an absolute nut!  It really was like MST3K F13 style.  If you are having a bad day, watch this with the commentary and listen to the director's pure comedy gold spew forth.  I can't remember when I have laughed so hard.

what version of the dvd u got that has commentary? i checked mine, doesnt have it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: