Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 19, 2017, 09:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Looks like we got us a maniac on the loose"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 5 discussion  (Read 59937 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 07:43:06 PM »

I'll agree on the fact the character Tommy Jarvis' personality bounces way too much between 4, 5, and 6. His personality in this is just quiet, hes really too himself. In part 6 hes way more confident and speaks whenever he needs to.

True, but the way all the stories work, it sorta explains it. Like, he's normal in pt. 4...but because of what happens to his family, he snaps, as we see at the end of pt. 4...

Enter Pt. 5. He's locked up, has been for years which probably would make him very quiet. Again he's attacked, this time by Roy...he gets locked up again & meets Hawes who helps him through stuff....

I dunno, I buy it Wink
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:50:04 PM »

This is still my least fave of the FRIDAYs, but I agree that Tommy WOULD act the way he does in Part V.
I dislike the dream endings in some of these. especially V and VII.  III was pretty lame, too.

Here's a good q: What happened to Tommy's fighting skills between V and VI?  Jason Pt. 5
JasonLives76
Camper

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »

I've always had a soft spot for "A new begining",i mean it says it right there in the title we couldn't have or should have expected anything different.This was the sequel to get the series jump started again in a lot of ways.I love the gore in it,i think some of the kills are the most sadistic and brutal.My main question to Kat and all the regulars is this: why is part V the most least talked about? The boxset's bonus disc was lame when it came to the fifth installment,i've always wanted to know more about the making of the film,Danny Steinman's comments,etc.I do agree with everyone else though,it's hard to watch a Jason copycat but at least you know Roy tried to get Jason's methods of killing correct.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »

Well, its probably the 'most least talked about' because of the fact that it was an imposter Jason. Thats really the only thing I can come up with for that one Wink
ROBINRULES
New Blood

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »

in part 5 do they have a clip of junior getting his head choped off jake getting hacked in the face or robin getting stabed
E-Man
New Blood

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:51 PM »

I've only ever watched this movie all the way through once. I tried watching it again not long ago, but I just couldn't bear it and switched it off. This and Part VII are definitely my least favourites. Thank God things got better in Part VI  Jason Pt. 6
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »

Its one of my least favorites in the series as well but if yoy can get passed the hole imposter thing then its not that bad of a movie
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »

Well like i said before it took me along time to even like part 5 i did not start liking it till i got my DVD boxset. Now its one of my Favs. Also they had some awsome death scenes like Junior getting his head chop off and Billy getting an Ax in the back of the head. Wonderful deaths!
Count_Sarge
Camp Cook

I was framed!

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 01:31:40 AM »

I like it! So Jason is not the killer......so what? He wasn't the killer in Part 1 either but, people don't complain about that.
AnotherHorrorFanatic
Camp Cook

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:03 AM »

It was entertaining nonetheless. The kills are very creative. The body count is highest. It's only bad because of the 'twist' ending. Cut that part out and you have another good Friday the 13th film.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »

I don't care that "Jason isn't really Jason", or that the genuine killer is a character seen for all of two minutes in the finished film and not even so much as hinted at before his reveal. I don't care that the characters are wooden, or that the effects are atrocious.

I think it is hinted at a bit. 

I mean 'Jason' doesn't look anything like the Jason the the previous films, and his mask is totally different.

During the scene where we do see Roy right after Joey is killed they like zoom into him and show him looking angry, or rather show him snapping.

Again later when we see Roy the sheriff says something and Roy responds. I recall thinking for a nobody character I thought that was very strange.
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »

Its one of my least favorites in the series as well but if yoy can get passed the hole imposter thing then its not that bad of a movie

Minus the fact that it's a pointless remake, sure.

Again, had the film's storyline been set up differently - had Roy's son not died, had that not been the impetus for him to snap, had he been established as a character (aside from the obvious 'sideways glances' he shot throughout the movie) -- in other words, had he been a distinct character from Pamela Voorhees - it would have been mediocre, a mediocrity equivalent to some of the other films in the franchise such as Jason Takes Manhattan or Jason X. Instead, A New Beginning manages to replicate almost exactly the overall story of the original film, and in doing so earns a rank down the ladder aside the like of such tripe as Part III.

The effects are bad, such as, for example, Junior's head or the eye-gouge scene (worse in my opinion than any of the four entries before it; this had a lower budget than the fourth film, and it shows), but that's forgivable. The characters were the moral equivalent of the Cheech and Chong-lites from the third entry, especially the rednecks, but again, I don't expect King Lear from these movies. What irks me the most, and what causes me to regard it as the second-to-worst film in the franchise, is the fact that it's a remake with one recurring character in it.

Some of the other films have been accused of being rehashes. This one really is. At least Jason Goes To Hell doesn't sync up with the original like Dark Side of the Moon to The Wizard of Oz
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »

i wouldnt say remake,jason goes to hell is no original story line either,its kinda similar to Wes Cravens film Shocker.
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »

i wouldnt say remake,jason goes to hell is no original story line either,its kinda similar to Wes Cravens film Shocker.

No it isn't, and I speak as a fan of Shocker. If anything it's most similar to The Hidden, but even then the similarities are minimal.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 12:39:57 AM »

As well as I,body jumping is what i mean as similar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: