Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

December 11, 2017, 11:30:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "We ain't gonna stand for no weirdness out here!"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: So I just watched Freddy vs. Jason again and noticed something bizarre  (Read 4754 times)
SoulOfVoorhees
BANNED
Camp Cook

« on: December 14, 2007, 03:25:56 AM »

Early in the film, while posing as Jason's mother, Freddy makes a remark about how "No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die." This is something pretty obvious to fans of the series.

Why, then, when they're fighting for the first time in the dream world, does it come as such a shock to Freddy that Jason won't die that he actually asks him, "Why won't you die?" Did the scriptwriters forget the previous line?
Deathscythe
Counselor

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:42:56 AM »

Did the scriptwriters forget the previous line?
Likely they did. But storyline wise, I like to think Krueger made that remark out of frustration.
AnimalRage
Camp Cook

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:05:04 AM »

Here's what I think. Freddy was posing as Pamela Voorhees(Jason's mom) right? It's obvious that Freddy in disguise wanted to trick Jason into thinking he is immortal , but Freddy never knew that that was true. So that's why he said "Why won't you die?!" in the nightmare sequence.
Fallen
Sweet Transvestite
Counselor

With a bit of a mind flip

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »

Here's what I think. Freddy was posing as Pamela Voorhees(Jason's mom) right? It's obvious that Freddy in disguise wanted to trick Jason into thinking he is immortal , but Freddy never knew that that was true. So that's why he said "Why won't you die?!" in the nightmare sequence.

Yepp, makes perfect sense. Freddy probably didn't look too much into Jason before sending him to do the dirty work.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »

Yeah, thats kinda what I always thought as well. Overall, I don't like that thought that he can 'never' die, though.
Killer-C
Head Counselor

The chase will never stop

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:29:25 PM »

since he searched hell to find the perfect person to do the job,obviously he was already dead,freddy probably thought that he was tuff to kill but it would be easier in dream world
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »

Thats what i always though too. I also did not like that they had Freddy as Pamela saying he can never die because we all know he will die when New Line stop making the movies
Jason Forever
Resurrected
Counselor

Like Jason I have returned...

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 07:06:39 PM »

Thats what i always though too. I also did not like that they had Freddy as Pamela saying he can never die because we all know he will die when New Line stop making the movies

Good call Nancy. You know the saying, the pen is mightier than the sword (unless you meet someone with automatic weapons then all bets are off) well in this case it is true. No sword or weapon will ever kill Jason, but the lack of a writer picking up that pen to make another movie in effect gives Jason the death offscreen he could never be given on it.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »

LOL that was what i was thinking when they had Freddy tell Jason that i was like yea Jason can die if the New line stop making the movies. Hell & Freddy both will die then because the lack of a writer writing for the movies. but maybe it be a good idea because with the scripts some writers come up it be good just kill both Jason & Freddy off for good
Hell-Scorpion
Camper

Some thing this evil never dies...

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 08:35:23 AM »

Hey do any you think that if they made a Part 13, that they'd decide to kill of Jason permanatley (twice in the movie, 1 for Jason, for Jason X) and end the Friday the 13th saga?
Jason Forever
Resurrected
Counselor

Like Jason I have returned...

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 12:33:43 PM »

I don't think we will see anymore movies involving the "original" Jason Voorhees. Once the remake drops the Jason we know will be history. Just like what is happened with the original Micheal Myers and that remake.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

^ yeah, thats true...why bother when you can continue with the fresh version...then again, maybe in a few years, a really big fan of the series will breathe some life into the 'old' series and continue with it...doubt it though Sad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:53:39 AM by Kat » Logged
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 12:40:12 AM »

I don't think we will see anymore movies involving the "original" Jason Voorhees. Once the remake drops the Jason we know will be history. Just like what is happened with the original Micheal Myers and that remake.

So true the "Original" Jason Voorheese we all come to love will be history like the Remake for Halloween did to the original Michael Myers and Dr Loomis
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »

The "real" JV and Michael/Loomis movies will always be with us, not matter how many shitty, pathetic remakes are produced.
chachainsaw
Camper

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 01:43:37 AM »

"Did the scriptwriters forget the previous line?"

I dont think this question even needs to be asked.  I think its pretty obvious that the writers had no idea what they were doing in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: