Camp Blood :: The Films :: Photo & Video Gallery :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Store

October 20, 2017, 11:20:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join us in the Chat Room every Friday night @ 9PM EST! - Chat is not working in firefox or chrome. Must use IE aka Microsoft Edge for the time being

Home   Help Rules Arcade Search CHAT Donations Login Register  

Random Quote: "Hey Slappy! Got a little something for ya"
Welcome Guests!
By viewing this site as a guest you are missing out on member only forums and other features. Registeration is free, so SIGN UP now and remove this annoying message!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUpon Topic: Friday the 13th part 1 discussion  (Read 46913 times)
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« on: March 25, 2007, 10:41:28 AM »

Kinda surprised we don't have one of these...actually all I could find was 6, 3 & 4 dicussion topics..

Anyhow, lets discuss the Friday The 13th that started it all!

To be honest, it took me a really long time to get into this movie. I really didn't like it much for years and years. Its probably only been within the last 6-7yrs that I've started liking it...perhaps even 5-4yrs. The more I watch it the more I like it.

What didn't I like? I dunno, I can't really pinpoint it. I think that it not being Jason was a major thing for my teenage mind back then. The old rough look of the film (now with DVD thats gone) I never had a problem with any of the characters, actually for the longest time none of them really stuck out to me. Now I like them all a bit better.

The first time I watched this, I was anywhere between the age of 2-5 so I cannot recall my first impression of the film. But to those of you who can please share it with us.

How did you feel when you found out it was a female killer? I know there are people out there who hate that type of twist to a film. I think the major throw off, was when we did see parts of the killer it did look like a man...where in other films you get a small glimps and you might have an idea that its a woman
tabbysquealer
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »

well I was a late bloomer with Jason...my first was part 2, but I always wondered how the whole thing transcended to what is now the longest running horror series. for me, I credit my aunt and (former?) VHS queen who had stacking shelves of bootlegged movies and most of them were horror and action. and on the odd occasion, I find myself snooping in her little notebook of titles. and if it was all right with her (and my mom), I could watch one. but after a little white lie about watching Benji or some other PG movie, I popped in Friday the 13th...and after that I was never the same. and when the moment came that Mrs. Voorhees was responsible, I was stunned. sadly, I had to wait to watch the rest. BUSTED!! of course, Mom didn't get too mad. and eventually I did get to see the finale...on a night when my mom worked the night shift and when she left her video membership card out in a place where I could snatch it and walk down the street.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 02:33:48 PM »

I first watch part 1 is right after TFC come out on VHS and my mom rented part 1 and i was watching it and i keep on thinking where Jason at. But the ending really shock me since we never would had guess that a woman was doing the murders.

That is what made part 1 just great since we had to think who the killer was.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »

I'm shocked that with all the Friday fans on this forum that nobody else has replied and this topic has just sat here...so I'll bump it up again.
Maniac
Maniacal Admin
Junior Admin
Head Counselor

I Warned You Not To Go Out Tonight

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »

I was like you Kat, I didn't really care for the original mostly because I knew there was no Jason but oneday a few years back I gave it another chance and it grew on me. I make sure everytime I have my own marathon that I start off with Part 1. I know all the films have their issues and whatnot but I can't really find too much wrong with Part 1 and most of the characters are likable compared to the awful Part 3. Just seeing this tpic now is making me want to watch it again, maybe I will..  :grin:

Dark
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:30:25 PM »

Quote from: "Dark"
I was like you Kat, I didn't really care for the original mostly because I knew there was no Jason

Yeah, I think that was the same for me. Plus the movie just looked so old on VHS. I guess I also couldn't appreciate Mrs. V as the killer
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »

I saw 1 on video before I saw 2 in the theater. I am a HUGE fan of 2, but 1 was a lot of fun when I first saw it. I had NO idea who the killer was, especially since you never saw her as a character untill the last reel.
The grainy look is kind of still there on the DVDs, but nothing beats the old VHS rental days.
I LOVE the first 4 movies in this series.
SwanKong
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »

Of the series this one is middle of the road for me.   I watch it now to see Crazy Ralph and Officer Dorf.  Thier performances crack me up.   I remember thinking the killer was either the truck driver or Ralph when I first saw it.
ProwlerChad
Camp Cook

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

Yeah, some of the closeup shots of the truck driver were kinda creepy.  I knew it wasn't Ralph for some reason. Too obvious, I guess.
SwanKong
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

One thing that always bothered me is in Alice's struggle to survive she really never gave the chain on the desk a concerted effort.  
            With here adrenaline pumping and the butt of a rifle I do not think it could have been that hard to break one or more of the handles off of the drawers in order to get at the ammunition inside.   Also, even if she could not get the drawers open she certianly could have used the gun to her advantage without ammo.  As a bludgeoning weapon or even to threaten Mrs. V with.
Kat
Webmistress
Head Counselor

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 10:18:44 PM »

Yeah...I can't remember at the moment...but didn't one of them throw string/yarn at the other one? Like how lame was that move....
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »

Well the other night i watch part 1 and I was LMFAO at when Ned said "There no Crazy people around here"  :laugh:
VoorheesShirt
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »

Nearly on par with Carpenter's Halloween. Friday The 13th is the second greatest slasher movie of all time.

Say Halloween's Gone With The Wind, the Friday HAS to be The Godfather.

Funny, too how Friday seems to be gradually growing a like reputation whereas 20 years ago, most "experts" who rated Halloween as a classic only had Friday as a 1 or 2 star move.    

I love the atmosphere and suspense of the original F13.    The setting is second-to-none too.
stevenfreeman
Lifeguard

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »

I am not a fan of this movie at all, as a matter of fact, I hate it.
NancyThompson
Your All Doom!
Head Counselor

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »

Can I ask why you hate the first one? Is it because it did not have Jason as the killer or what?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: